Cars Land And BVS BEFORE June 15th?

I am chaperoning a trip to DLR on June 1-- any chance I might at least get to SEE Cars Land or BVS? Without peeking through construction walls that is. What about Matterhorn? Can I hope for a some kind of soft opening??
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Minion

Re: Cars Land And BVS BEFORE June 15th?

Can't say for sure, but if they don't have previews and soft openings imagine the crowds on June 15!

• Go DCA, Go! :D

Honestly, it's kinda wishy-washy. Buena Vista Street is out of the question, because although they are blazing through the contruction, the timeline is pretty strict. Cars Land MIGHT have a soft opening that early. You can use the soft-openings of Star Tours/Little Mermaid from last year to help:
    Star Tours (the one that was done pretty early): May 20th Soft-Opened: that's 14 days before the attraction opened and it sounds pretty equal to the timeline of Cars Land.
    Little Mermaid (brand-new ride): I saw cast members sneaking on and riding it on May 14th, but the actual soft-openings also started around May 20th as well-this will probably be closer to BVS.
    Harry Potter (an entire land) in Orlando started soft-openings in early May to hotel guests only for a few hours in the morning to get the land to brace itself for the crowds. Hope this helps.
    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
    -jfsebastian

Weren't they pretty strict about limiting the ST soft opening to people who registered online?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Weren't they pretty strict about limiting the ST soft opening to people who registered online?
    That was the passholder preview, they also had soft openings where they just opened the ride without warning.

Gotcha. Thanks

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So I have a trip planned for the end of May and the beginning of June for just four days. I wonder how crowded it might be due to the anticipation of the possibility of soft openings?
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

I think Carsland might have a soft opening but you never know with construction. Hope that it might come true to see Carsland and Buena Vista Steet all before it opens. Good luck!!!

• Former CM

I would definitely expect to see a soft opening as there is almost always one. You just never know when it'll be! Keep your eyes peeled and your ears open!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip also coincides with Grad Nites, so I am ready for anything.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak15 View Post
    I would definitely expect to see a soft opening as there is almost always one. You just never know when it'll be! Keep your eyes peeled and your ears open!
    Some times they have those that aren't announced, but the good thing is it gets reported very quickly. Of the the bad thing is those are subject to stop at any moment. I drive right by the park everyday on my way to and from work, so it makes stopping in very easy for me.

whenever they do soft opening are the times all over the place and do they do them on weekends?

• Minion

I've had good luck on Saturdays.

With Star Tours it was the Saturday before the AP previews, GSS the Saturday before the announced opening' and TLM was also a Saturday but I don't remember which in relation to the opening and previews.

---------- Post added 03-11-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

Generally, on the day of a soft opening you will see CMs standing in front of the ride entrance telling people that they don't know if or when the ride will open, then they suddenly open it.

Of course, since we are talking about the opening of new lands, they may handle things quite differently.

As a new Passholder, how do these previews work? Do they mail a letter? email? Smoke signals?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    As a new Passholder, how do these previews work? Do they mail a letter? email? Smoke signals?
    AP previews, watch the AP site on disneyland.com, the Disney Parks Blog, and even simpler MC because news will travel fast.