Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disneyland and California Adventure refurbishments through early summer.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peabody View Post
    What are "tactile panels on the east end of the Esplanade"?

In the industry, these are Tactile Panels... I'm guessing by EAST they mean the bus loading parts.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

tactile |ˈtaktl; ˈtakˌtīl|
    adjective
    of or connected with the sense of touch : vocal and visual signals become less important as tactile signals intensify.
    • perceptible by touch or apparently so; tangible : she had a distinct, almost tactile memory.
    • designed to be perceived by touch : tactile exhibitions help blind people enjoy the magic of sculpture.
    • (of a person) given to touching others, esp. as an unselfconscious expression of sympathy or affection.
    DERIVATIVES
    tactility |takˈtilitē| noun
    ORIGIN early 17th cent. (in the sense [perceptible by touch, tangible] ): from Latin tactilis, from tangere ‘to touch.’
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

The Disneyland calendar says the May Indiana Jones refurb is for chain replacement

• Minion

Why are they refurbing GSS? Didn't that just reopen?

• Air Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Why are they refurbing GSS? Didn't that just reopen?
    My question too, and why for so long?
    -------------------------------------
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

“If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.”
    ~Walt Disney

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I can only assume they are either doing some last minute changes, or just trying to spruce up their newer offerings (They just had the boardwalk of SSS closed and Mickey vanished for a while)

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Is the Ariel's grotto referb for the theme change?
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutiny View Post
    If this is a mistake and they do mean the starcade, does this mean that they are finally going do something with the second floor?
    Here's my guess: with Flynn's closing down due to the Mad Tea Party Baby Rave Totally-Not-Glowfest 2k12, they're going to give the machines a permanent location on the second floor of the Starcade. With some hope, it'll go back to having the same amount/variety of games that it had in the 80s/90s.

Or they'll close it off and pretend that it never existed and keep using the second floor for storage or something.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by SavannaQueen View Post
    Here's my guess: with Flynn's closing down due to the Mad Tea Party Baby Rave Totally-Not-Glowfest 2k12, they're going to give the machines a permanent location on the second floor of the Starcade. With some hope, it'll go back to having the same amount/variety of games that it had in the 80s/90s.

Or they'll close it off and pretend that it never existed and keep using the second floor for storage or something.
    A grand idea that wouldn't be out of place, since the 1980s Captain EO is just next door... but I doubt it because that wouldn't take until Winter '14...
    More likely Disney continuously has that area listed at "under refurbishment" on their internal documents until they decide what the heck to do with it...

So, is there a link to this great Disney refurbishment list that we can all look at for ourselves?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post

So, is there a link to this great Disney refurbishment list that we can all look at for ourselves?
    glad to see I'm not the only one who's asking this question
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Under that tree again!

As far as the link, it's one I shared months ago.

I don't want it to be reposted and here is why. I once had found a great link, it listed the price range of certain Disney rooms. Then I shared it elsewhere and people kept reposting it and then suddenly it was removed from the internet. So I suspect that I or other had posted the internal information that I wasn't supposed to find, and Disney did not like it.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    As far as the link, it's one I shared months ago.

I don't want it to be reposted and here is why. I once had found a great link, it listed the price range of certain Disney rooms. Then I shared it elsewhere and people kept reposting it and then suddenly it was removed from the internet. So I suspect that I or other had posted the internal information that I wasn't supposed to find, and Disney did not like it.
    Yeah, so, I just spent an hour looking through your posts and was unable to find it. Can you give me a hint to where you originally shared? We won't repost it here, it will stay buried in time.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 03:01 AM ----------

n/m, a simple google led me to it. Is it supposed that this is an internal link that was not intended to be public?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post

n/m, a simple google led me to it. Is it supposed that this is an internal link that was not intended to be public?
    The one this thread's OP got that information from is for TAs. They can use it to help thier clients plan. They aren't supposed to share it with the general public. That's why on MC I started doing the same. I have this hunch that Disney and a TA disargreed on something and the TA can't book Disney so in revenge spilled the beans.

The one I referred to above was for Disney to figure out pricing levels. When they rolled out deals they sometimes fell to the bottom rates, and when it was peak season the top rates. It was all spelled out clearly on the page I had found, if marketing decided to do a buy 3 get 1, the rate would be x. If they wanted a buy 3 get 5 the rate would be y. It was very interesting to see and you could tell if you were getting a good deal or not, and if Disney still had plenty of room to move or if they were at the minimum rate.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SavannaQueen View Post

Nothing says the world of tomorrow like a 1980's arcade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12