Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sushi restaurant?

Is there some kind of petition I could sign or start to get a sushi restaurant in Disneyland OR CA Adventures. OR at least in Downtown Disney? Suggestions?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Sushi restaurant?

I'd just mention it every time you go to Disneyland. Talk to city hall, mention it at other restaurants, suggest to talk to the lead at The Fortune Cookie restaurant in DCA.

Petitions aren't appropriate in this instance. If Disney can make money selling sushi, they will. Taking 1000 signatures means nothing, it's all about the profit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

They did have a Japanese restaurant that had sushi in one of the hotels a while back but the food was really​ overpriced (and, IMHO, uninspired). I'd love to see a Harry Hausen's or just a sushi place in general somewhere.

omg sushi. I'd love for disney to open up a sushi restaurant. But I fear it'd be like 4x the price of sushi outside of disney.

Same here. Sushi is already expensive. Imagine if you try to buy it on DLR property.

I go to Laker games often and I was thrilled when I found out Staples Center sold sushi. But then when I found out the cost I had second thoughts. A combo plate I could see paying no more than $20 at a good sushi place was around $40 at the Staples Center. I could see Disney doing the same thing.

Speaking of which, anyone know of any places outside the resort area?

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Want sushi!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    Same here. Sushi is already expensive. Imagine if you try to buy it on DLR property.
    I think that is the problem. It has to cost a lot, and it's not easy to produce in high volume.

In WDW rolls at the California Grill which is an expensive locations to start with are $20 + I think they go up to $30. That is for standard but fancy rolls and sashimi. At the Sushi bar in the Poly it was all $10 plus and that is counter service, it was basical double grocery store sushi. I've heard the place in the Swan is the best value but never been.

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    Speaking of which, anyone know of any places outside the resort area?
    I'm a sushi addict! My fav place is Sagami Tei in westminster. Its 18.95 for AYCE lunch sushi and 21.95 for AYCE dinner. Theres a 1.5 hr time limit but they're super quick on getting you the food and there's no limit on how many you can order at a time. They have a very extensive AYCE menu. My fav roll is the stinky roll lol... yum. Anyway, this place is probably like a 30 min drive from the resort though.... I haven't tried any places closer to the DLR cause I tend to just stick mostly to AYCE joints unless I have a load of money to spend lol. All my bookmarks on yelp are basically sushi places haha.

• Cretan

I'd also love sushi in the Parks, but I'm sure it would be overpriced and not very good. Perhaps a privately owned venue in DTD would be the better option.
    Stop being greedy.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker"

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I could see it in DCA or Downtown Disney
    or right next to Finding Nemo sub ride.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by PandaNomz View Post
    I'm a sushi addict! My fav place is Sagami Tei in westminster. Its 18.95 for AYCE lunch sushi and 21.95 for AYCE dinner. Theres a 1.5 hr time limit but they're super quick on getting you the food and there's no limit on how many you can order at a time. They have a very extensive AYCE menu. My fav roll is the stinky roll lol... yum. Anyway, this place is probably like a 30 min drive from the resort though.... I haven't tried any places closer to the DLR cause I tend to just stick mostly to AYCE joints unless I have a load of money to spend lol. All my bookmarks on yelp are basically sushi places haha.
    Sounds tempting, but I live < 30mins away from Disneyland, so I can just go to my local place.

I'm thinking about some place even closer. I'm surprised there isn't one (that I know of)

• Banned User

I don't know if it quite fits any of the areas in the parks. Sushi isn't exactly prevalent even in Tokyo Disneyland, let alone putting it in CA. If they built some new, more modern hotel, I could see it going there, but I doubt it will work its way into the parks in any significant way (if at all).

• Vidia's Minion

No! I think I'm the only person in history that doesn't like sushi though :-P

Quote Originally Posted by WED View Post
    I don't know if it quite fits any of the areas in the parks. Sushi isn't exactly prevalent even in Tokyo Disneyland, let alone putting it in CA. If they built some new, more modern hotel, I could see it going there, but I doubt it will work its way into the parks in any significant way (if at all).
    Maybe DCA, and more possibly if/when the food and wine festival returns.

• A Weather Eye Open

Is there a well known, reasonably priced sushi or japanese chain that could afford to operate in DTD? That seems to be the only smart option, if it even is one.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast