Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

It needs to be open by the summer...close it later but let Disneyland and DCA have a summer with out Refurb or walls

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The doors have chains that help open and close them i believe. They might be finally fixing the door.

Probably a small two day refurb they do every once and awhile.
    Oooh I hope it's the doors. Would love for those to be fixed

Indy usually goes down for 2 days at a time every 6 months or so. That's whent hey try to do everything at once; like in 2010 when they gave us the new Indy AA at the end. They change out the bulbs and the smokers and stuff. Usually it is like Sept and early May, those are the slowest times. But this past fall, the Sept one got pushed to Dec. So the dates of this don't raise any flags; I'm sure it will be short and instead of the short one this coming fall, we'll have the long one that Al reported.

Quote Originally Posted by markb1024 View Post
    Possibly somebody goofed when copying some internal document to the website. They meant to take out the specific reason, but did not.
    That's what I was thinking! They never give us reasons like that, it's weird.

---------- Post added 03-20-2012 at 05:28 PM ----------

Also noticed no WoC on that day!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by micky90 View Post
    Does anyone have any information on how long this refurbishment will last or what will they be doing to the ride?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Probably a small two day refurb they do every once and awhile.

Don't panic, it's only planned to be down on the 1st and 2nd.

Is there a chain in the beginning when you are driving up after the doors? I always thought it sounded like you hook onto one, and then you can hear it pulling you up like a roller coaster. I'm not sure though. But it's the only part that makes sense because you move in a straight line at a constant speed and are going uphill...

Quote Originally Posted by jayshap View Post
    Is there a chain in the beginning when you are driving up after the doors? I always thought it sounded like you hook onto one, and then you can hear it pulling you up like a roller coaster. I'm not sure though. But it's the only part that makes sense because you move in a straight line at a constant speed and are going uphill...
    The sound you hear when you pass thru the doors is the Chamber of Destiny room moving to a differant door opening. But it does sound like it is drivin by a chain drive when the room moves, so maybe that's the chain?

I think they just made a mistake and were not suposed to put the reason on the referb schedule and may not have anything to do with a chain. Maybe "Disney Speak" for something else?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I still think that that chain is far to obscure and minor for them to mention it as the reason for the entire attraction closure.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by markb1024 View Post
    Possibly somebody goofed when copying some internal document to the website. They meant to take out the specific reason, but did not.
    It is weird. I've never seen Disney list a reason.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Indiana Jones "Chain Replacement" May 1st

Starting May 1st, Indiana Jones is shown as closed for a "chain replacement". Is this the big refurb we were looking for, or is this something completely different? I'm going to be there the second week of May, so I'm sort of bummed if it's going to be closed but it really needs the work done so I shouldn't complain!

Sorry if somebody already posted about this, I couldn't find anything referring to that specific refurbishment!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Indiana Jones "Chain Replacement" May 1st

Quote Originally Posted by moshilove View Post
    Starting May 1st, Indiana Jones is shown as closed for a "chain replacement". Is this the big refurb we were looking for, or is this something completely different?
    Indy's bike broke down, hopefully it's a quick fix.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

In other thread there was speculation that the chain might be for the door.
    We all also found it weird that Disney actually telling what they are fixing (on the website).

found the other thread:

Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

And since the usually live-updating calendar has literally been frozen at May 2 for the last week or so, we haven't been able to find if the refurbishment extends beyond that. Occasionally the calendar will update with the operating hours for the 3 - 5, but clicking on the day only reverts back to the current day instead of showing details for early May.

People had speculated that it's a two day closure.

Either way, I highly highly highly doubt that this is the "big" refurbishment we've heard about. The chances of them taking the resort's biggest ride offline before Cars Land opens and during the summer season is about as slim as it can be. And I, too, will be there the second week of May (my third ever trip to the resort, and bringing four first-timers with me) so I desperately hope it will be open then.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    Either way, I highly highly highly doubt that this is the "big" refurbishment we've heard about. The chances of them taking the resort's biggest ride offline before Cars Land opens and during the summer season is about as slim as it can be. And I, too, will be there the second week of May (my third ever trip to the resort, and bringing four first-timers with me) so I desperately hope it will be open then.
    While I agree that chances are it isn't the case, I disagree that it's incredibly improbable that they would do so. Look at what they did just for the 50th. They rebuilt Space Mountain and had massive closures beforehand just to get everything in as good of working order as possible. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they had done the same with Indy to get it ready and operating well before the grand reopening of DCA (which I'm sure will be drawing a big crowd to BOTH parks). However, if this WERE the case, I'm sure they would need more than just two months. As it is, Matterhorn needs like half a year. Space needed more than two years. Sure, that included a complete rebuild of the track, but still.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    In other thread there was speculation that the chain might be for the door.
    We all also found it weird that Disney actually telling what they are fixing (on the website).

found the other thread:

Indiana Jones Refurbishment scheduled May 1st 2012

I posted in that thread but will repeat it here.

This rehab is only on May 1st and 2nd. It's nothing huge.

• Still lost in Neverland

The Doors do NOT move. The Walls move hiding the extra doors (there are 5 doors with 3 always showing. The walls move after your car goes through the only door that actually has a track (the other two are fakes) and the images above each door move as well as the are tied into the walls. The Walls move by a big chain drive. It is very noisy so that is why the sound is so loud in there, to cover up the noise the chain drive makes when moving the walls and Mara symbols above the door. I know this is true because I walked the ride with Tony Baxter the day before it opened and saw, and heard, it in operation.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Still lost in Neverland

See my new post on the other thread about this subject. It is a big deal so that certain things at the beginning will start working again, but not a big change to anything, other than the chain that moves the walls.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast