Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• will-o-the-whip

Fastpass Return Window Changed at DLR?

I see that Disney is now enforcing the Fastpass return time window at WDW. Are they doing this now at DLR too? Or is still return any time you want after the window opens? Thanks.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Fastpass Return Window Changed at DLR?

I was at Disneyland last week and you could still return anytime after the window opens. It could've changed between this time last week and now but I seriously doubt it. I'm sure there would've been some news about it on here.

• Nerd

only talk that I know of but you never know
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Timelord

Many CM's have confirmed there is no change at the DLR.

• A Weather Eye Open

You would know when they do change it when you get your 1st FP... the WDW version now has new text on the ticket, so I'm sure DL will get that too if/when they make the change.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

My wife and I were at the parks last week for a couple of days. Out of the twelve or so fastpasses we used, maybe only two of them were actually used in the designated time window. Not once did a cast member question our late return, which in some instances, was hours later.

• Vidia's Minion

While you CAN do it you should try to stick as close to the return time as possible, the times are in a window for a reason. Please be a good guest

• My Children's Father

Define "good". Is it "bad" to take advantage of the knowlege of late return times by allowing myself to more casually move about the park, instead of rushing around trying to make "the window", taking in otherwise under-utilized attractions, enjoying leisurely meals (instead of scarfing down turkey legs in line), or shop for things I wouldn't otherwise have time for?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    While you CAN do it you should try to stick as close to the return time as possible, the times are in a window for a reason. Please be a good guest
    I guess I'm a "bad" guest. I certainly don't feel bad about it, seeing as Disneyland is not going to reward me for being "good", and they allow late returns to happen. Arriving late to attractions is a large part of how I plan out my day in the parks. I like to save up FPs and use them at my leisure throughout the day and night. I don't see anything wrong with doing it when it is allowed by cast members. I suggest you join me on the dark side of the fastpass system

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway1981 View Post
    I guess I'm a "bad" guest. I certainly don't feel bad about it, seeing as Disneyland is not going to reward me for being "good", and they allow late returns to happen. Arriving late to attractions is a large part of how I plan out my day in the parks. I like to save up FPs and use them at my leisure throughout the day and night. I don't see anything wrong with doing it when it is allowed by cast members. I suggest you join me on the dark side of the fastpass system
    How about saving up a few days worth and slamming down some serious FP riding sessions during a late Saturday afternoon when the crowds are the thickest and sweatiest!!!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I was there this past Monday (March 19) and we had no problem coming back to use our FPs long after they had "expired".

Did something happen recently to cause WDW to start to enforce the time on FP? I know FP's have been out for a while so im curious is something caused this change.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post
    the WDW version now has new text on the ticket, so I'm sure DL will get that too if/when they make the change.
    Good to know.
    Can someone from WDW post the new FP ticket?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I try to stick to the return window, but I do like that they are flexible with it so I don't have to plot my entire day minute to minute to do what I want and go all commando the whole time like I'm on some sort of ground assault on the park.

• That's a lot of look.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    How about saving up a few days worth and slamming down some serious FP riding sessions during a late Saturday afternoon when the crowds are the thickest and sweatiest!!!
    If I could, I would. But soon it looks like we'll have the blessing of the Disney Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs:

"Staggs stressed the need to build a strong brand, saying Disney now is working on a project to help customize visitors’ travel experiences. In the future, guests will be able to book times to go on rides and reserve show times before they leave their homes."

The link is to a story from the OC Register published in February 2012.

I'm not crazy about this development. I think he's trying to present it as a convenience to guests. But part of the attraction of playing in the parks as a local is that I can mosey on over to my ride of choice after my FP becomes valid without worrying about a time limit. I would hate to have to start racing across the parks to get to my "appointment" with an attraction or show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast