• Haunted Mansion Lover

Question Guest Assistance Card

Hello fellow Micechatters! My family will be traveling to the DLR in three weeks (oh so excited!!!!!). My DH is disabled and uses a Guest Assistance Card as he is mobile without an obvious disability. Last year on our visit, and the two years previous visits he was given a GAC with the arrow stamp.

I have read on here that they have changed their GAC procedures at the resort. My questions are is this stamp still available and if not what is in it's place?

Thanks!
    Foolish Mortal

Yes it is. They will ask him what his concern is. And what he say will help them determine what stamp to use. Either the arrow stamp or the wheelchair symbol stamp. Wheelchair stamp will help mostly in dland but not Dca because all attractions are handicap accessible there. I suggest going to Dca for the pass. They are more likely to give the arrow stamp. Whenever I go to city hall they have always given me the wheelchair stamp which helps in dland but as soon as we hit Dca, bam, 30-60 minutes. Wait in lines and I cant stand very long. So last time I went to Dca guest services I explained exactly every thing I normally say and got a arrow stamp which is a godsend! Also they will give it to you for the period of your trip. And if you are a pass holder they will give it to you for 3 months.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Guest Assistance Card

My friend just takes her GAC pass from the previous visit to show them.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Re: Guest Assistance Card

Thank you both for your replies. We have typically taken his old pass and they just change the dates so we hope that they will do the same this trip.
    Foolish Mortal