Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fantasyland Phase II

I just thought about ozland and basicly if it happened it would be first chance to get Phase II replacing toontown and big thunder ranch for new ride's like oz, a dark ride based on sleeping beauty not the one in the castle a real dark ride or the tommorowland expansion would go in backstage disney and would ruin the park. Share your thoughts

Alexshow

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Fantasyland Phase II

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    I just thought about ozland
    Ozland?

I've seen post on MC suggesting a London type of land w/ Dalmatians, Mary etc. I'd love to see something like that replace Toonland
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Well it is called wizard of oz land would be like storybook circus in wdw and good idea about 101 Dalmatians but where would gadget's go? anyways keep posting!

• I'm a Lutheran

Instead of an Oz-themed land I'd much rather see a big expansion of Fantasyland that goes all the way up to Toontown with the Festival of Fools arena, area beyond the berm, and Big Thunder Ranch saved for Frontierland expansion (otherwise Frontierland is utterly plain and small). There could be an Oz area, the Storybook Circus (as much as I hate cloning things), Belle's Village, London, and even a villain-themed area. How cool would that be?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

If storybook circus come's, it will be in toontown because of Gadget's Go Coaster to become Barnstomer with single line, fast pass, and standrd quene and replacing rodger is probably Dumbo as dumbo could be moved for new fun and mabye if disney buy's more land, they could have belle's village and mabye a villans area but there couldn't be a 101 Damatins ride. sorry.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I'm not big on Storybook Circus and it's not something I would like to see cloned. I like the idea of the two Magic Kingdoms being different while still complementing each other. Which is why I think DL should keep Toontown. Expand Fantasyland and Frontierland however you like but if you're gonna do a fairy tale village it should be different from the one in Florida.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I'm not big on Storybook Circus and it's not something I would like to see cloned. I like the idea of the two Magic Kingdoms being different while still complementing each other.
    Agreed.

It would be nice if this thread and the OZ Land? thread (same subject matter) were merged. Basically the same information is being placed in two different threads.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

I think Frontierland needs an expansion more than Fantasyland. As it stands, Fantasyland is near perfect, especially after the 80's design overhaul.

I think that of major priority right now in Disneyland Park is the renovation (hopefully, floor to ceiling) of Tomorrowland, and then getting something high capacity in, whether that's a Frontierland expansion north along the Rivers of America or Discovery Bay in that location (which, by the way, I would whole-heartedly support).
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    I just thought about ozland and basicly if it happened it would be first chance to get Phase II replacing toontown and big thunder ranch for new ride's like oz, a dark ride based on sleeping beauty not the one in the castle a real dark ride or the tommorowland expansion would go in backstage disney and would ruin the park. Share your thoughts

Alexshow
    OZ - No thank you.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Unlike Florida our Toontown doens't need replacing in the external/visual department as California's Toontown didn't evovle from a bunch of temporary tents. Just look at photos of what WDW's Toontown WAS before the rennovation vs what California has and you'd get it. The circus land would be mostly a step backwards from whats available now.

DL's Toontown just needs a refreshing around the lines of what Tokyo Disneyland is adding to their towntown. Fresh innovative mini attractions.

Also DL's Fantasyland is already ridiculously large and doesn't need expanding.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Minion

Just want to make it clear that Ozland is a total rumor. While WDI is developing different concepts for that area of the park, almost all of them consist of a Frontierland expansion. Other projects are gaining traction and, even if there is an idea for an Ozland, it isn't being seriously considered.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    even if there is an idea for an Ozland, it isn't being seriously considered.
    glad to hear
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Also agreeing Storybook Circus sticking to Magic Kingdom would be best. After all, Florida has a strong connection to circus history AND it's the actual setting of Dumbo.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
    • Minion

I would really be disappointed if they removed Toontown. Jspider is right--our version is a lot different than what WDW had, and it's a whimsical, fun place. It would be better to renovate Toontown and come up with some interesting attractions to add/replace. I think it's been mentioned that things like the Treehouse and the Boat could probably be taken away without incident and replaced with something else. Roger Rabbit is an excellent ride, and the interactive aspects of Toontown get a lot of attention.

I honestly don't want the Festival of Fools or the Storybook Circus, either. I agree with the essay about SC that pointed out that Disneyland/World were NOT supposed to be carnivals...putting in a faux carnival sort of destroys that idea.

What I'd LOVE to see, if they add anything at all to the park, is something original to California. Something innovative, not something that is a clone of another park's attractions. Ozland does offer that possibility, and even if they just added an Oz-themed attraction to Fantasyland, it would work. My own personal hope is for something to do with the villains, because I think they're fun...Maleficent's thorn maze?

I think sacrificing Big Thunder Ranch would be a mistake, because that part of the park is important for special events/a break from the crowds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast