Thread: Calendar?

Calendar?

So I'm looking today at May's calendar, and I was surprised to see it only shows until Wed May 2nd. I remember seeing the 3rd and 4th park hours, but now they're gone.
    I'm a little worry about the California Dental Convention going on those days, allegedly they will not affect crowds, but now that Disney is behind posting the days, makes me wonder...
    Is this common? delaying the days and taking them off?

• ---------------

Re: Calendar?

Generally the calendar shows approx. a month and a half out or less.
    I liked when it use to show at least 3 or more months out.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

If they aren't certain about the calendar details they don't post them - and as you noticed, sometimes they pull them back when someone notices errors or omissions or something that isn't actually confirmed yet. Which is why they sometimes throw up only a partial month in the future - they have them internally, they just aren't ready to commit to them in public yet.

They are probably waiting to hear back on the entertainment offerings, or whether they start the Grad Nites and exactly how the items mesh - if they do a Grad Nite that affects the opening and closing times for that day and the next, they have to allow a few hours for the Janitorial staff to go through and clean, which can keep them from offering Magic Mornings early entry. Or they need details on shows from Downtown Disney and House of Blues.

I predict you'll see that kind of jiggering the calendar a lot more as the DCA CarsLand and Buena Vista Street grand openings get closer, and they delay making the dates even harder than they are now for as long as they can, to make sure that everything will be ready by the deadlines.

They might have to sacrafice some DCA operating hours (open later, close earlier) to allow more after-hours work time to finish that final push, and they can't really do that after they've already announced the hours on the calendar.

Or perhaps the Dental Convention is trying to change the schedule to make a Mix-In Party on one of those nights. Would be a little late to do it, but entirely possible.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Thanks for your responses! there are no grad nites on those dates, so maybe that Dental Convention is making some noise... or not.
    I'll wait next week, hopefully it will show by then. It's so hard to wait!!!