Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: What would you want in a Frontierland expansion (and you can't say WRE :-p)

Frontierland used to have shoot outs between Sheriff Lucky and Black Bart.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

An attraction similar to the concept of Nature's Wonderland. A slow ride through the wilderness encountering a lot of forest animals and such. And maybe add an interesting storyline onto it?

• I'm a Lutheran

Things I'd like to see in Frontierland? Well obviously I'm all for an updated WRE as seen in my idea thread but alas the title of this thread says otherwise, lol. I do have a crud-load of ideas to share but I'll share them later in another thread, there's way too many of them for a single post. But appreciated things would be a big refurbishment for the Rivers of America and Big Thunder, the removal of Pirate's Lair, a new e-ticket in place of Big Thunder Ranch and the area beyond the berm, and the return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue, brought up to par with modern family comedy while retaining its classic melodramatic slapstick humor and wild and woolly singing and dancing.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by planetsix View Post
    An attraction similar to the concept of Nature's Wonderland. A slow ride through the wilderness encountering a lot of forest animals and such. And maybe add an interesting storyline onto it?
    this is basically my favorite idea. Frontierland definately needs another big ride, and not a thrill ride.
    Disneyland to me always meant audio animatronics. They really have seemed to get away from this.

• Minion

A return of the Country Bears?

• Hello Dolly.

I'd really like an expansion that involves a new western town to explore with a huge darkride that uses boats.
    I can only dream.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I'd even say add an Indian Village - like what used to be where Critter Country is now. Or a stagecoach ride. LOVED the mine train thru natures and the pack mules. (The original old Frontierland rocked!) Maybe a walk through Rainbow caverns. It added real atmosphere and a hands on experience that was unique. Perhaps even an area seen in the distance that is a geyser like in Disneyland Paris (with the best Frontierland ever).
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Minion

From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    I miss the caverns, et al, from the past. I wonder if they could extend Thunder Mountain to include a "gentle ride through" of the caverns and desert and then end with Thunder Mountain. Kind of like the Dragon Roller Coaster at Legoland. It's kind of neat starting out cruising through the castle and then ending up with a more classic style roller coaster ride.
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Insomniac

I would LOVE Disney to use the Alien Encounter special effects show format to create a shoot out attraction with famous law men and out laws fighting it out. Guest would find themselves right in the middle of a bar fight with bottles and glass breaking around them as bullets wiz past their heads! Frontierland, and Disneyland in general, needs more variety in attractions. The special effects show is very unique and if done with quality could provide a very fun experience. And regarding it being to "violent" or whatever for Disneyland, Disneyland had actors who held gun fights in the early days of Disneyland, pirates is full of guns and cannons, Golden Horseshoe already has a show they put on outside on the balcony that involves guns and gun fighting. It's nothing new and it's nothing kids can't handle. It wouldn't be a major attraction like BTMRR but it would serve the same purpose as SGE at Magic Kingdom does.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I'd even say add an Indian Village - like what used to be where Critter Country is now. Or a stagecoach ride. LOVED the mine train thru natures and the pack mules. (The original old Frontierland rocked!) Maybe a walk through Rainbow caverns. It added real atmosphere and a hands on experience that was unique. Perhaps even an area seen in the distance that is a geyser like in Disneyland Paris (with the best Frontierland ever).
    I could imagine all the potential if they did go the Native American route. They have a lot to work with & can come up with many amazing original rides.

• A Weather Eye Open

LOVE the American Indian village idea! I agree, there is so much to work with there.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    a stagecoach ride. LOVED the mine train thru natures and the pack mules. (The original old Frontierland rocked!) Maybe a walk through Rainbow caverns. It added real atmosphere and a hands on experience that was unique. Perhaps even an area seen in the distance that is a geyser like in Disneyland Paris (with the best Frontierland ever).
    Never thought about a walk-through Rainbow Caverns. Nice idea!

I really miss Fort Wilderness, too. After visiting WDW and going through their OPEN fort, I remembered how much fun ours was. Our grands were having so much fun in it that we had to be shooed out because the island closed. And it was raining, too, but that didn't stop the grands. They thought the Escape Tunnel was amazing. I went through it, too, and was hit in the face by a full wave of nostalgia!

I think the Mine Train can coexist with Big Thunder, as well.

The Golden Horseshoe used to have gunfights that played inbetween the regular stage shows. It would start out on the street in front of the Horseshoe, and then one of the gunfighters would run inside, go upstairs, and continue the fight from the balcony. If I remembe correctly, there was a big final fall from the top of the Shoe onto the balcony, stuntman-like.

Might I also quickly add- Keel Boats.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Might I also quickly add- Keel Boats.
    Keel boats would be great if they brought 'em back, but after what happened in the 90's, would they even bother to try?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Keel boats would be great if they brought 'em back, but after what happened in the 90's, would they even bother to try?
    I imagine they wouldn't bother, based on my feelings that they used the boat sinking as an excuse to cut costs. Big Thunder didn't go down forver when someone DIED on it, and a boat sinks once in it's entire history and suddenly the whole thing is too dangerous? Yeah right.

I'm a big Discovery Bay fan, which at this point would be a pretty easy act of importing Mysteries of the Nautilus and Cafe Hyperion from Paris and 20,000 Leagues and Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo. I can see Journey posing a bit of an issue with Big Thunder Mountain right there, and if that's the case then maybe a Lone Ranger show.

Otherwise, I'd love to see Tom Sawyer's Island return, but that's tilting at windmills by this point. The return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue would be nice too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast