Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Talking What would you want in a Frontierland expansion (and you can't say WRE :-p)

Being an old west buff, more than any other land, I keep hoping for a Frontierland expansion, as it's probably my favorite themed land, and needs more to do in it. So I figure, let's let the Frontierland fans go nuts! I also admit thisd is at least partially inspired by the other WRE thread. One thing I would dig is changing up the Big thunder Ranch area and redoing it as the O.K. Corrall, maybe have an hourly recreation of the famous gunfight... if that's not TOO extreme for Disneyland. The way i invision it though is not just have them pop up and do it, maybe start with having CMs portraying the Clanton's and McLaury's making some trouble in the corral, with CM's playing the Earps and Doc Holliday around the Golden Horshoe area being told of it, and marching to the scene through the "streets" of Frontierland, before ending with the standoff and the gunfight. i think it'd be kind of cool to have a historical recreation, as well as involving multiple areas of the land, and breathing even more life in it. Thoughts and other ideas?

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: What would you want in a Frontierland expansion (and you can't say WRE :-p)

Doesn't Knott's have a standoff stunt show?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I love the whole NOS and Frontierland area. There's just something about this area.
    It would be great to see them do something with the area across from BTMRR. Something creative/original and not based off the latest film that may or may not be a huge hit.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I'm a big fan of the discovery bay idea as that would be something new and original that would add to Disneyland in a New Orleans Square type of way. A Jules Verne type land can be done as proven in 90's Discoveryland and DisneySea. Journey to the Center of the Earth would be a welcome addition to this theoretical land.

I don't actually see Disney doing something like this however. There are no characters or recent Disney films that would fit in the Discovery Bay model and it would be deemed not financially viable or too big of a risk. The classic WRE would be a nice addition but then unless it involves Woody and Jess trying to stop Stinky Pete it won't be added to the future of Frontierland. The executives I can imagine will be intrigued to add this parcel as a continuation of Fantasyland or atleast parcel the old Festival of Fools area as room for something like the Dwarves Mine ride that is going into the Magic Kingdom. They can probably justify it saying a mine ride is a perfect transition between Fantasyland and Frontierland. At the end of the day I really hope Disney can blow me away with something original and not tied to a single franchise, however it seems that those days are behind us.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Doesn't Knott's have a standoff stunt show?
    No idea, never been there lol Another part of this would not just be having the characters pop up only for the show, have them interact around town type of thing as well. I think they should have a little more historical stuff in the area (wishful thinking, if we're lucky we may get Lone ranger and Tonto, but specifically the movie versions), i think it'd be cool to have a menagerie of old west legends hanging out at the Golden Horseshoe, etc.

• Under that tree again!

Theme up the festical areana to host another night time, street dance party. Hip hop country music and sarsparilla and root beer drinks. Elevated stages with can can girls. Line dancing to Rednex.

• Closed Account

Your's is an interesting question because it presupposes the answer and then ignores it - not unlike Disney itself over the last 15 years. You ask not to mention WRE because you know that's what people want - they feel they've been promised it over 50 years.

Why not just build what people want? Are there people that doubt that a detailed lengthy darkride set to the wild west (in the style of Pirates and HM) would be a crowd pleaser?

In the same vein, people have been clamoring for Beastly Kingdom in Animal Kingdom for over a decade. That is what they want. So what does Disney do? They run out and buy Avatar (which makes zero sense thematically, but I digress ...) and the fanbase rebelled.

Just build what they want.

I honestly think Frontierland needs another ride. I would prefer a ride comparable the Calico Mine Ride at Knott's, but on a bigger scale, and maybe a water ride version of it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post
    Your's is an interesting question because it presupposes the answer and then ignores it - not unlike Disney itself over the last 15 years. You ask not to mention WRE because you know that's what people want - they feel they've been promised it over 50 years.

Why not just build what people want? Are there people that doubt that a detailed lengthy darkride set to the wild west (in the style of Pirates and HM) would be a crowd pleaser?

In the same vein, people have been clamoring for Beastly Kingdom in Animal Kingdom for over a decade. That is what they want. So what does Disney do? They run out and buy Avatar (which makes zero sense thematically, but I digress ...) and the fanbase rebelled.

Just build what they want.
    Maybe i should have said OTHER than the WRE, I was seeing what other ideas were out there, and knew WRE would be the top answer, so figured that was a give in.

I love Frontierland, it is one of the few areas that still feels like the good old Disneyland. Perhaps a Mine Train ride. They could build a mountain west of Big Thunder and use those old tunnels. put some paint pots over in big thunder ranch with some crazy cactus, possibly go through some caverns with all the colours of the rainbow.

I only rode Nature's Wonderland once when I was a kid, I couldn't wait to go back and ride it again. When we went back it was gone. Boo hoo.

Would like to see the Golden Horseshoe Revue again. Even as a special event.

I know, I have one foot stuck in the past. I like it there, I enjoy Disneyland history.

• Banned User

I honestly would much rather see this than Ozland. The Circle D area offers the greatest opportunity for original ideas. Here some stuff I'd like to see:

-Big Thunder Mountain gets a major refurb with new effects, animatronics, and extended track.
    -A Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland-esque ride by the Rivers of America.
    -A giant E-Ticket beyond the berm. I would like to see the concept of an EMV boat ride incorporated into it.
    -Like someone else said, a Western-style shoot out show
    -Shops and restaurants that sell special drinks.

I would love to see a version of the Rainbow Cavern Mine Train return, albeit with an updated show, and possibly incorporating the EMV technology.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post

-Big Thunder Mountain gets a major refurb with new effects, animatronics, and extended track.
    -A Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland-esque ride by the Rivers of America.
    sounds good.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Blew By You

Extend Big Thunder trains to go to the Rivers of America. Then back. Being able to see the runaway trains wiz by as one meanders on the Mark Twain would be a good show.

Around the time when it was first rumored Frontierland could have an expansion, I made up an attraction that had show scenes similar to Mines Trains Through Nature's Wonderland, advance AA's, Maelstrom ride system, a new Cascade Peak, and using a Cowboys vs. Bandits theme.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast