Wink 3rd Gate, "Park of Misfit Themes"

With a lot of rumor and idea blogs going on right now about OZ Land or a frontier or tomorrowland expansion people keep bringing up ideas they would like to see built but not actually in Disneyland but in a 3rd gate, such as a Marvel themed land, OZ, London(for dalmatians and Mary), Avatar etc. So my question is, in a made up world where Disney would actually build a park of misfit themes what would you like to see there?

I've always wanted to see the Polar Express come alive(even though it is a very seasonal movie)

So discuss whatever doesn't fit in DL or DCA but does at the Park of Misfit Themes!

Re: 3rd Gate, "Park of Misfit Themes"

I'd like to see the "main street" be themed to american exceptionalism like the world's columbian exposition.

Name:  expo.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  51.1 KB

Imagine huge white buildings and a giant lake in the middle? Plus the parade could be on floating...floats so they don't get in the way of foot traffic.

Also I'd like to see an idealized ancient greek land where we could have maybe a hercules ride. Imagine the mediterranean food they could serve?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I want the third gate to have some actual thought put into it. I always felt that DCA 1.0 was the Park of Misfit Themes.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Been there, done that. Remember the original DCA.

• Insomniac

^^Bingo! The third gate is likely the last park that Disney will be able to build in Anaheim. It had better be as well thought out and iconic as Disneyland (if not more so). First off the park needs a much more broad overall theme then DCA. It needs themed areas based on things that are different from what average visitors will have encountered (Jungles, Futuristic cities, turn of the century towns, 1920's Hollywood, ect.). the themed lands need to be large enough for multiple attractions per area (GRR is the only ride in Grizzley Peak and Pacific Warf has none!). The park layout needs to be easily transversed by large crowds. The park needs a berm! DCA has always suffered from the lack of berm and will continue to do so until the sight line issues are resolved. Basically WDI needs to go back to what made Disneyland great. No lands themed to one franchise rather have mini lands for different attractions (This will work for Cars because of the overall stretching theme that the movie brings with it but would not work for most). I guess what I'm really trying to say is, DLR deserves the next TDS not the next DCA.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

All Disney really needs to do is exactly what they didn't when creating DCA. That park has almost become the what not to do park that Disney simply needs to remember in the future when creating new ones.

• Insomniac

^^DCA did get a few things right though. The wide paths make crowding less of an issue, unlike Disneyland. They also have a direct Hotel entrance into the park which many consider a big plus (except for the fact that it limits expansion). DCA also left itself with plent of room for expansion (except for in the grizzly peak area). DCA was not a 100% epic fail, just a 90% epic fail haha.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^DCA did get a few things right though. The wide paths make crowding less of an issue, unlike Disneyland. They also have a direct Hotel entrance into the park which many consider a big plus (except for the fact that it limits expansion). DCA also left itself with plent of room for expansion (except for in the grizzly peak area). DCA was not a 100% epic fail, just a 90% epic fail haha.

Plus one of it's biggest strengths is one of the most hated aspects of the park. The circular layout always means a nice flow of people around the park instead of DL where everyone has to pretty much pass through the hub and main street. It may be a bit annoying to navigate DCA, but when it's crowded, I thank having the current layout.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

The only question I have regarding a third park right now is how centered on Disney franchises it will be. Looking at WDW, Disney is merely a frame for completely different content. As I see it now, DCA has Disney as both the frame and content, just of a completely different side of the tracks.