• curiouser and curiouser

Disneyland ACTUAL dead ends (I'm looking at you Critter Country)

The only thing that annoys me about navigating in the park (besides the occasional crowds) is the dead end that is Critter Country. I've always thought that it would be so cool if they added a tunnel underneath the Rivers of America connecting CC with Frontierland. We know that the river isn't very deep so it could certainly be done, and I believe the the theme could work seamlessly if they made it a cave/mine theme.

Thoughts?

• Insomniac

Re: Disneyland ACTUAL dead ends (I'm looking at you Critter Country)

Meh... Doesn't bother me except for the lack of interest in Winnie the pooh which IMO would have a line longer than Pinochio or snow white if it was placed in Fantasyland. It just suffers from being at that end of the park much like Country Bears. The likelyhood of them adding a tunnel... Not gonna happen. An expansion around the backside of ROA to the festival area is more likely but I doubt they want to lose the little backstage area they have back there.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Banned User

Only other dead end in the park I can think of is Toon Town, over by Chip and Dale's treehouse.

• My Children's Father

I've often thought it would be cool to link the two cul-de-sacs in Critter Country and Toontown with a Pooh-themed Skyway ride. The biggest challenge would be theming, like changing the Mark Twain narration. "Well lookee there! Thems folks is flying!"
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Insomniac

Lmao!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

While immensely difficult, there just has to be something that links Critter Country to something. Walking from there to the Hub is a long journey, especially with heavy crowds. Opening another footpath would definitely alleviate traffic and would offer some more space for small attractions.

• Planning my next trip

A tunnel connecting that area with Frontierland would be something in the neighborhood of 400ft long. Even with a junction/exit on the Island still makes for a pretty long corridor with no escape.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by rokketride View Post
    A tunnel connecting that area with Frontierland would be something in the neighborhood of 400ft long. Even with a junction/exit on the Island still makes for a pretty long corridor with no escape.
    It wouldn't have to be very long, and I imagine it as quite wide with a few emergency exits as well.

Name:  tunnel.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  158.0 KB

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I have thought of that dead end for a while. Here is my two cents . I think they should create another train stop there. It could be done with existing structure using the upper back patio area of the Hungry bear restaurant. Adding additional support and a platform for a small station there would give park goers a way to leave the area without making the trek to NOS. In terms of cost, I see it as one of the most cost effective ways to open the area up. In the pictures you can see where such a structure could be added. If themed properly it would blend in and provide a bit of relief for crowds in that pocket. It is just a thought I have kicked around, but I think it could be done.

Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• My Children's Father

Two other ways to link the sub-lands (CC and TT):

1. Dual (one for each direction) single track mountain bike trails paralleling the RR tracks (real bikes or simulated tracked systems, or maybe both?)

2. Bring back the Keel Boats to travel the ROA from CC to where the Indian Camp is, then have your boat captain lead you on secret trail toward TT. Conversely, a "tour guide" could take you from TT on the "secret trail" to the Indian camp Keelboat dock, whereupon you would embark on the Keelboat for the return trip to CC.

The trails of course could be "plussed" with all sorts of animatronics and scenery, such as caves, talking trees, whatever .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

My thought would be a train station or a water craft that would transport you from CC to Frontierland.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Only other dead end in the park I can think of is Toon Town
    yup
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

I like the idea of a train stop. As for a tunnel, while it may be feasible, I'd rather they spend the money on an attraction, pref. one in Frontierland.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    As for a tunnel, while it may be feasible, I'd rather they spend the money on an attraction, pref. one in Frontierland.
    agreed.

As far as a train station.
    NOS is really close (not that long of a walk). Don't see why we need one in CC
    Basically as soon as the trains starts (In NOS) it's stopping again (30 seconds??).
    The part of the train would still be in Splash, so I would guess only the first car could actually board people (if boarding from Hungry Bear).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• No Disassemble!

Bringing the keel boats back seems like an interesting and practical solution. The lower dining level for the Hungry Bear could be changed to a dock and the boats can make an express trip around the back of the island to dock somewhere around where the big boats dock.