Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Great Scot! Meet Highland Princess Merida @ Her Forrest Home. Be "Brave", Mind Y

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ol' Dan View Post
    Howdy Ride Warrior,

Aye. I can see her now. But, my friend, horses have often been seen in Disney Parades. Lots of 'em. Pullin' Cinderella's Coach...pullin' Donald and Daisy's sleigh at Christmas, pulling Circus Wagons and such.

Here's a picture of Walt Disney himself ridin' smack dab down the middle of Main Street U.S.A. with none other than Davy Crockett...

http://www.thecircusblog.com/wp-cont...ss-Parker1.jpg
    Yep...lots of horses have shown up in Disney Parades over the years.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    This picture of walt and Fess Parker is a real treasure! I guess I've seen the horses in parades at different times, but it failed to register in my memory.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-22-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Minion

Re: Great Scot! Meet Highland Princess Merida @ Her Forrest Home. Be "Brave", Mind Y

I thought the cast member playing Merida was amazing, yes! Very fun, and took the time to talk to the adults as well as the kids, which was nice.

The Celtic music they played in the queue was a nice departure from usual Disney music, too. Any chance that is the soundtrack?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I thought the cast member playing Merida was amazing, yes! Very fun, and took the time to talk to the adults as well as the kids, which was nice.

The Celtic music they played in the queue was a nice departure from usual Disney music, too. Any chance that is the soundtrack?
    The Celtic music is culturaly significant, and dramatic yet calming. So many adjetives come to mind as the music radiates the beauty of the human spirit. This DL Merida sounds like a real person with heart and soul, beyond her talented charming roll.

Not sure if the m&g music is part of the movie soundtrack. I'll be listening tomorrow when I see the film.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Celtic is culturaly significant, and dramatic yet calming. So many adjetives come to mind as the music radiates the beauty of the human spirit. This DL Merida sounds like a real person with heart and soul, beyond her talented charming roll.

Not sure if the m&g music is part the movie soundtrack. i'll be listening tomorrow when I see the film.
    I'd love to know.

I noticed a lot of kids dancing to the music and even some teenagers bopping their heads to it. Perhaps another perk of this M&G is that it's exposing young people to music they might not find on their own, and expanding their musical perspective.

I've also read that Merida is doing wonders for girls with curly hair, in terms of helping them feel proud of it. In a world of hair straighteners and relaxers and movie stars and princesses with straight hair, that's not always the case. If Merida helps even one curly-headed girl walk taller and like herself the way she is, it's a wonderful thing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'd love to know.

I noticed a lot of kids dancing to the music and even some teenagers bopping their heads to it. Perhaps another perk of this M&G is that it's exposing young people to music they might not find on their own, and expanding their musical perspective.

I've also read that Merida is doing wonders for girls with curly hair, in terms of helping them feel proud of it. In a world of hair straighteners and relaxers and movie stars and princesses with straight hair, that's not always the case. If Merida helps even one curly-headed girl walk taller and like herself the way she is, it's a wonderful thing.
    Gorgeous curly hair throws me loop for loop! What's the fun in looking like every other bird. Tall walking curly girlies make the world go round. The taller they walk, the more I look up to them. I think you are right about CM Merida inspiring curly headed girls to feel great about themselves.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Nice pics, RideWarrior!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Nice pics, RideWarrior!
    Thanx, CA. The meet and greet area is one of the most fanciful-coolest that I've seen. Looks like I'll have to postpone seeing the film until this weekend. I'll let everyone knw what I think of it after that. Can't wait to find out the storybehnd the thre brothers/bears.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'd love to know.

Didn't have the opportunity to see Brave until' yesterday. There was only one showing left, which was at 3:00 pm. Boy am I glad I attended. The scenes were a marvelous rich tapestry with repect to the artwork, and the music a beautiful dance of many flavors. The Celtic music in the meet and greet and movie are the same.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456