Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Dream in wonderful color!

Arrow Merida from 'Brave' arrives at Disneyland in May! (Merged)

Announced by the Disney Parks Blog today, she will set up camp near it's a small world:

In the upcoming Disney•Pixar movie “Brave,” Merida is a headstrong teenager with a vibrant spirit and a softness of heart, struggling to take control of her own destiny. You’ll be able to discover Merida’s story when “Brave” opens in theaters June 22 and, beginning in mid-May, Merida will be coming to Disney Parks in an all-new character greeting experience.

When visiting Disneyland park in California this summer, Merida and the cubs will find a home away from home near “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland, where guests will also be able to participate in activities inspired by Merida’s story.

According to Creative Director Reed Jones, “These new play and greet experiences at both parks will immerse our guests in ‘Brave,’ giving them the opportunity to be a part of Merida’s Scottish clan. And we’re all excited to have the bear cubs join Merida with their silly antics, creating a whole new way to bring our beloved Disney Characters to life.”

“Regardless of where they find Merida,” said Reed, “Guests are really going to fall in love with her and the bears.”

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Insomniac

re: Merida from 'Brave' arrives at Disneyland in May! (Merged)

Wow! Great news! Looks way better than the Pirates 3D preview they set up to promote Pirates 4. I have my doubts though that Disney's lawyers will actually let kids shoot arrows at targets. Although I'm not a fan of meet and greets, this one has me a little intrigued.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

That is really great! So although Merida is a princess, is she concidered part of the princess line up now? I've always been a bit confused on that since she's a Pixar character

• Shifting cargo

I'm sad to say that I have my doubts about Brave's success. From the trailers and even the short clip that they released, it feels like a spin off to How To Train your Dragon. That said, I wonder if the movie is much less successful than they anticipate if they would still have Merida as a meet and greet character and if they did, how popular she would be. I'm sure she's just a temporary character to advertise the movie. Still, I hope the trailers prove me wrong and Brave turns out to be a good movie. Come on PIXAR, I know you can do it!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    That is really great! So although Merida is a princess, is she concidered part of the princess line up now? I've always been a bit confused on that since she's a Pixar character
    Since Diseny and Pixar are one company, I would have to say yes. I liken it to saying, that the dark chocolate M&M's are not part of the M&M line because they use a different type of chocolate.

What it will all come down to is how well the movie does. If it tanks, you probably won't see this girl again. If it does well, they will definitely incorporate here into the Disney Princess line since she is a Disney Princess just like all the others and it is really the marketing dollars that drive Disney.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    We'll see if she gets crowned with a processional.
    Last edited by Raindown; 03-29-2012 at 02:03 PM.

I could see Merida being kept separate from the Princesses since Disney*Pixar is a different brand than Disney Princesses.

That said, it's cool to see that Disney at least knows how to leverage the parks for advertizing animated films >_<

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

At least there doing more then just a room/small area for her...seems like a fun idea lets hope this is successful so they do more small events like this instead of just meet and greets

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    I'm sad to say that I have my doubts about Brave's success. From the trailers and even the short clip that they released, it feels like a spin off to How To Train your Dragon. That said, I wonder if the movie is much less successful than they anticipate if they would still have Merida as a meet and greet character and if they did, how popular she would be. I'm sure she's just a temporary character to advertise the movie. Still, I hope the trailers prove me wrong and Brave turns out to be a good movie. Come on PIXAR, I know you can do it!

How dare you confuse the Scottish with Vikings! (Dreamworks' vikings for whatever reason had Scottish accents). And having friends in the halls of Dreamworks, they jokingly say the same about Brave.

After seeing trailers, I really can't see any further coincidences other than having Scottish accents and big bearded men. The story is completely different. The setting is completely different.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ---------------

Why near small world
    and not in Frontierland?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

I'm wondering then about Princess TigerLilly. She's been around ages and she has yet been included into the pantheon.

• I Can Show You the World

Wonder what would happen if I were to wear my kilt like I have in past visits to the park and were to go to this meet and greet....

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    If anything, How To Train Your Dragon reminded me of Lilo and Stitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I'm wondering then about Princess TigerLilly. She's been around ages and she has yet been included into the pantheon.
    My guess would be that she's not a signifcant enough character and that the portrayal of Native Americans in Peter Pan is so over-the-top racist that it's embarrassing.

• Minion

As far as the princess thing goes, I can't help but think of Mulan, who is represented at the FF M&G, but shows up on very little merch. Pocahontas was a more positive image of a Native American and has no presence in the park or really on any merch. Same with Tiana--no park M&G, although I do enjoy her Soundsational float, but limited merch. And others. I sincerely doubt that Merida will be able to crack that glass ceiling of princesses. I am looking forward to the movie and I don't have any anticipation that it will be a knockoff of How To Train A Dragon. Completely different source material.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast