• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Talking New state of the art flying carpet for Aladdin show (VIDEO)- Should DCA get this?

I think they should add this new state of the art flying carpet and projection/special effects into our Aladdin show here in DCA. This new Aladdin show is currently showing on the new Disney Cruise Line - Disney Fantasy. Flying Carpet scene starts at 0:37.

Since the incident of the malfunction flying carpet last year, the show has been without a flying carpet for so long. Making the scene less magical without the flying carpet.

Should DCA get this new technology?

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: New state of the art flying carpet for Aladdin show (VIDEO)- Should DCA get this?

Well, it would be an improvement on what they do now. They need something to bring back this magical moment of the show. I keep hoping that when they do a refurb of the stairs this fall they will take the time to refurb the show in that section.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• the rum is always gone

Re: New state of the art flying carpet for Aladdin show (VIDEO)- Should DCA get this?

On the video above, the flying carpet is simply a carpet on a robotic arm that comes out of the stage. The robotic arm that moves the carpet is hidden by theatrical smoke. The carpet in the Aladdin show at DCA actually flew above the audience and was suspended from the ceiling with wires. While the robotic arm carpet can be a substitute, I would not call it a "state of the art" replacement of what DCA had.

Yeah, while it would be a great back up plan idea, I think what DCA had originally was much better.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    On the video above, the flying carpet is simply a carpet on a robotic arm that comes out of the stage. The robotic arm that moves the carpet is hidden by theatrical smoke. The carpet in the Aladdin show at DCA actually flew above the audience and was suspended from the ceiling with wires. While the robotic arm carpet can be a substitute, I would not call it a "state of the art" replacement of what DCA had.
    stupid of me for calling it "state of the art" I'm not sure if that flying carpet will ever return, but adding this new special effects/projection in the background would be a great addition.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    stupid of me for calling it "state of the art" I'm not sure if that flying carpet will ever return, but adding this new special effects/projection in the background would be a great addition.
    Yes to this! Better then what they are doing now!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Yes! I think the actual carpet effect would be a nice new touch to the show, not the video screen. And they could still have the dancers in front of the carpet during "A Whole New World." With the flying carpet over the audience effect gone, "A Whole New World" felt pretty empty, especially since Aladdin and Jasmine weren't even on stage most of the song.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

I must say the difference at DCA is very noticable. Since first seeing Aladdin in 2009, I was left thinking I had imagined parts, it was so drastically different when we went more recently at the end of last year

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• film975

I'm sure the flying carpet effect will return once they get it fixed.

Once they get it fixed? Hasn't it been like... a year?

I think popular opinion now is that it's too costly an operation since the show has lived a very full life and a replacement could always be right around the corner (granted, I don't agree with that). But the point is, if this was on the priority list it would already be done. The fact that it's not been replaced or shown any indication that it's going to be replaced seemed to indicate that those in power are happy with the current setup.

The carpet effect would need to be entirely re-engineered to assure that the accident doesn't happen again. Disney wouldn't just plop its actor back down on the carpet until it knows their safety is ensured.

I think even first-timers notice the lack of carpet. When the song begins and the actors are no where to be seen for a good minute or so, all eyes automatically trace to the ceiling, expecting that the action's been going on overhead. But it hasn't...

Anyone know why it takes the actors so long to make it to the stage to sing? What scene are they transitioning out of?
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    I think even first-timers notice the lack of carpet. When the song begins and the actors are no where to be seen for a good minute or so, all eyes automatically trace to the ceiling, expecting that the action's been going on overhead.
    I can confirm this. My four-year-old daughter, who never saw it in its original form, always gets confused and asks me where they are when the song begins. It's mind boggling to me that they decided to have no one on stage and nothing to look at as even a temporary "solution" to the broken carpet scene. It makes no sense.

DCA also had or has a robotic arm carpet already but the decreased the movement significantly from when it first opened. The carpet was used at the end of the sequence after the flying overhead carpet spun around and supposedly return to the stage