Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Video Blend of Movie Scene W/ RSRacers, Depicting Cars Splashing Thru Water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRIPmmk_qTU

Go to 0,27 on the video ticker to view of movie footage (Disney has connected to actual footage of the ride) that looks to be a possibly planned ride feature that has the Radiator Springs Racers ride vehicles splashing thru what appears to be a watery dip that stretches across the road at one point in the tripple e-ticket adventure. A beautiful variety of trees also looks to be a part of the scenic vista.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Video Blend of RSRacers Cncpt Art & Actual Ride Showing Cars Splashing Thru Wate

i didn't see a creek, that was just from the movie.. correct me if i'm wrong though.. it would be awesome!

• Banned User

Re: Video Blend of RSRacers Cncpt Art & Actual Ride Showing Cars Splashing Thru Wate

that's a clip from the movie. you did know this, right?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    i didn't see a creek, that was just from the movie.. correct me if i'm wrong though.. it would be awesome!
    Since Disney put the clop together, i think that it's highly possible that the watery dip could be a planned feature of the ride. Of course I know that the dip is from the film. But, Disney seamlessly connected it with actual footage of the ride. They've already been trying to depict much of the land the way it appeared in the films. Plus, the Matterhorn has a splashdown....although that's the final feature of the ride.

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    that's a clip from the movie. you did know this, right?

Yes, I do. But (as I indicated in the above post), Disney may well have had a ride-connected purpose in mind when they blended ride footage (which could also be being used as ride concept art) with video footage of the ride.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.

• Lion

The vehicles will not cross through water at any point.

Yeah, that was a quick shot from the movie with Sally splashing through water, and McQueen close behind, edited together with footage of the ride in action to make it almost seem that they were the same thing.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    Yeah, that was a quick shot from the movie with Sally splashing through water, and McQueen close behind, edited together with footage of the ride in action to make it almost seem that they were the same thing.
    If you looked away for a second, it could look seamless (as if it was one scene, not two edited together)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    The vehicles will not cross through water at any point.
    Didn't say that they would for sure. However, it's certainly a possibility that cannot be ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    You have a vivid memory of the film. That's very cool! The blend is almost in perfect sync. As Disney created this, it could be toying with the idea of adding another water element in addition to the waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    If you looked away for a second, it could look seamless (as if it was one scene, not two edited together)
    Indeed. It's fun to watch.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Didn't say that they would for sure. However, it's certainly a possibility that cannot be ruled out.
    I'm not trying to be dismissive, but it can be ruled out. There won't be any water features like that. The sub-structure of the track supplies electricity to the vehicles through a direct connection (not unlike many of the Fantasyland ride vehicles), therefore the track system cannot be submerged in water. It is different from a non-powered track system like Matterhorn or any of the boat rides.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm not trying to be dismissive, but it can be ruled out. There won't be any water features like that. The sub-structure of the track supplies electricity to the vehicles through a direct connection (not unlike many of the Fantasyland ride vehicles), therefore the track system cannot be submerged in water. It is different from a non-powered track system like Matterhorn or any of the boat rides.
    If this is the case, Disney is well known for it's innovative knack of overcoming a battery of challenges over the years thru WDI and companies that it contracts with.

• Lion

If this is the case, Disney is well known for it's innovative knack of overcoming a battery of challenges over the years thru WDI and companies that it contracts with.
    That's certainly true, but the trade-off in this case is too great. The amount of money to overcome an age old engineering problem (trying to submerge exposed, live electrical wires) is something that would not justify the small gain of having the cars briefly splash through a bit of water. That's assuming it could ever even be done - the water would short the electrical system. The ride system is simply not compatible with water submersion. It's not even just a technical/engineering issue, it's also a major safety issue. Electricity + water = bad news.

• "I don't like the color"

That's certainly true, but the trade-off in this case is too great. The amount of money to overcome an age old engineering problem (trying to submerge exposed, live electrical wires) is something that would not justify the small gain of having the cars briefly splash through a bit of water. That's assuming it could ever even be done - the water would short the electrical system. The ride system is simply not compatible with water submersion. It's not even just a technical/engineering issue, it's also a major safety issue. Electricity + water = bad news.
    Aren't the Subs electric now??
    And does not RSR operate in the rain? I know Test Track does.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    The subs are indeed electric, but they are powered by internal batteries that are sealed from the water. They are charged by magnetic induction panels. Therefore there are no submerged electric wires.

Test Track does shut down in heavy rain, but light rain isn't the same as the track being submerged. Live-rail subways across the country don't shut down in the rain, but if the track is submerged in water, people can die and the track will short (anything other than pure water will conduct the electricity from the hot wire to any grounded source that the water is also touching).

There's a difference between self-powered electric vehicles (like an electric car or the subs which are both internally powered) vs. an electric vehicle being powered by a live wire. The RSR vehicles (just like the Test Track vehicles or the Indy vehicles) are powered by a live electric line that can't be submerged in water, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by simba; 03-30-2012 at 05:50 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The subs are indeed electric, but they are powered by internal batteries that are sealed from the water. They are charged by magnetic induction panels. Therefore there are no submerged electric wires.

Test Track does shut down in heavy rain, but light rain isn't the same as the track being submerged. Live-rail subways across the country don't shut down in the rain, but if the track is submerged in water, people can die and the track will short.

There's a difference between something being electric (like an electric car or the subs which are both internally powered) vs. being powered by a live wire. The RSR vehicles (just like the Test Track vehicles or the Indy vehicles) are powered by a live electric line that can't be submerged in water, for obvious reasons.
    \

Disneymike's points are valid, as is this thread. I've only claimed the possibility that Disny might have the cars splash thru water in the road at some point along the way. If the subs operate with internal batteries that are sealed from water, WDI just may have decided on the same system for RSR. And Test Track does operate in both light and heavy rain. It was pouring when my friends rode it a couple of years ago.

Some people were criticizing how disfunctional looking Luigi's Flying Tires looked when they were being built. Now, a plentitude of people are being won over by the videos of the testing of the ride, and of Cars Land as a whole.

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Excellent points, Disneymike.

• "I don't like the color"

\

Disneymike's points are valid, as is this thread. I've only claimed the possibility that Disny might have the cars splash thru water in the road at some point along the way. If the subs operate with internal batteries that are sealed from water, WDI just may have decided on the same system for RSR. And Test Track does operate in both light and heavy rain. It was pouring when my friends rode it a couple of years ago.

Some people were criticizing how disfunctional looking Luigi's Flying Tires looked when they were being built. Now, a plentitude of people are being won over by the videos of the testing of the ride, and of Cars Land as a whole.

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 06:59 AM ----------

Excellent points, Disneymike.
    I can vouch for riding Test Track in a heavy rain as I too did it a few years back. I think, and someone can confirm or deny this that Test Track closes when there is lightning in the area not when it is just raining.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast