Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A "house of illusions" type ride in Paradise Pier?

This is my first post but I really wanted to give an idea for once. How would you guys feel about some kind of ride where you are immersed into a bunch of illusions. I think it would be pretty neat. What are your ideas for something like this? I don't know if it could fit in the empty space where Maliboomer is but maybe Goofy's Sky School?

• MaliBOOMer

Re: A "house of illusions" type ride in Paradise Pier?

Like a fun house type of thing, but instead of walkthrough it is a ride through?
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Kinda. Make the attraction look kinda like a seemingly normal house, similar to the outside of the haunted mansion, then go inside where you ride through something like this...

Last edited by LandOFHappiness; 03-29-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Mistake

• MaliBOOMer

Could be interesting, i'm curious as to how the tie in with a 20's pier as far as theming goes would work.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• ohai

I'm assuming OP is meaning something like the stairwell thing in Haunted Mansion (Disney World).

Seems kinda, well I don't know... cheap.

Remember, it's Paradise Pier, not Add Cheap Rides Because We Have A Ferris Wheel Pier.

DCA suffers from very generic rides (ahem, im looking at you Goofy's sky school, silly symphony swings, golden zephr, jumpin jellyfish, mickey's fun wheel, and the list goes on....) and adding a house of mirrors/illusions would only add to the problem..

• Insomniac

^^A haunted house is also a very generic ride base but we all consider Haunted Mansion to be one of the greatest attractions ever built... The idea may sound generic but if done with the same detail as Haunted Manaion it works very well. I would not mind seeing a haunted fun house/ hall of illusions versionof Mystic Manor at DCA. Almost any idea without detail can sound generic. Ex: BTMRR - a Rollercoaster train ride, TOT - an elevator drop ride, mark Twaiin - a boat ride.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^A haunted house is also a very generic ride base but we all consider Haunted Mansion to be one of the greatest attractions ever built... The idea may sound generic but if done with the same detail as Haunted Manaion it works very well. I would not mind seeing a haunted fun house/ hall of illusions versionof Mystic Manor at DCA. Almost any idea without detail can sound generic. Ex: BTMRR - a Rollercoaster train ride, TOT - an elevator drop ride, mark Twaiin - a boat ride.
    It would work if they added some "Disney magic" to it, like HM is unlike any other haunted mansion in the world (except for other Disney Parks of course).. they need to have it well themed with a GOOD background story behind it, it can't just be an ordinary house of illusions without an underlying story or it wouldn't cut it. BTW, HM was originally supposed to be "the museum of the wierd" which was a walkthrough house of illusions so we technically have one.... in order for it to be successful, Disney needs to take it up a notch and set a new standard in the industry, because that's what Disney does (or supposed be doing.. ahem jumping jellyfish)

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Back in the mid 70's Magic Mountain had a place called "The Magic Pagoda" that was an upscale type of fun house with some pretty good illusions for its time. In the 80's EPCOT opened the Imagination pavilion that contained a ride full of visual illusions and at one time had a great hands-on area called "The Imageworks". I'm not sure about it being a ride as opposed to a walk through but I think a small place like this would fit in Paradise Pier as long as the designers didn't fall back on flat screen HD TVs and CGI everywhere and used more traditional effects like Pepper's Ghost and smoke & mirrors kinds of illusions. Traditional illusions would also fit the Victorian boardwalk theme better.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• I love that tiny bear!

A house of illusions/fun house is a very turn-of-the-century idea and I think if done right it could be perfect in Paradise Pier. With litigation Disney would have to be very careful (poor Goofy's Bounce House :P ) but I'd love to see them give this a try.

• Mrs. J. Depp

That would be fun. Sorta take off on the idea of those cheap fun houses you see at fairs, but upscale it and make it awesome. A house of mirrors seems tacky too but would be neat. I know I'm alone on this one, but I actually think it would be fun to have a love boat ride.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    That would be fun. Sorta take off on the idea of those cheap fun houses you see at fairs, but upscale it and make it awesome. A house of mirrors seems tacky too but would be neat. I know I'm alone on this one, but I actually think it would be fun to have a love boat ride.
    That is an idea that I also thought about. A nice, relaxing love boat dark ride for young and old couples traveling through beautiful, romanticized scenery of California. I have never been on a ride like that ever and they were very popular in the early 20th century.

•   
    • Minion

I think a HM style fun house would be awesome!! Omnimover and all. Using illusions and effects good make it a great dark ride addition to the pier.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I think a HM style fun house would be awesome!! Omnimover and all. Using illusions and effects good make it a great dark ride addition to the pier.
    Agreed!

It would basically be a special effects display and if done right it could be a phenomenal dark ride.

• Photographer-In-Training

To be quite honest, I would look down upon DCA. The Pier already has all of these seemingly "cheap" rides and a house of illusions, well, seems like a cheap thing. Some may argue it ties in to to boardwalk idea, but, I don't know, doesn't seem right at a Disney park.
    -Carter P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast