Cool Upgrading my Annual passport question.

I just came to the incredible realization that my Southern California Select passport is not going to cut it anymore. Now that I podcast/photograph for a Disneyland podcast, and with Carsland opening in the middle of June, there are just too many blockout days (about 2 1/2 months this summer, straight). So I have decided to dig deep, and buy the premium annual passport.

Currently I have California Select with monthly payments plus parking, which works out to around $19.00 a month (not bad at all, eh)?

I realize that after paying the upgrade cost up front, I will still be paying my monthly payments and my pass will still expire on the same day.

Now my question is simple...kinda. I need a rough estimate of what the upgrade cost will be, or perhaps a math equation on how to find it.

I bought my pass mid August, 2011. We are pretty much in April now, so how much will the upgrade fee be (a rough estimate is fine). Will they cancel my parking since the premium includes it?

CA Select is $199.99 (plus $100.00 for parking) (plus $80 down too).
    Premium pass is $499.99 (plus $80 down???)

Hoping to find someone who has done this. I know this is the go to place for the Disneyland experts on this question, and this is my first post on micechat! :-)

This is probably a lot easier than i'm making it, but it kinda perplexes me, lol.

Thank you in advance for your time! See you around the forums!

~Tim Alcoser

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: Upgrading my Annual passport question.

Over a year ago a friend tried to upgrade his families passes that were on the payment plan, he was told that he would have to pay the entire cost of the difference between the two passes up front. AT the time, there was no way to upgrade it and keep the payment plan. I suggest contacting ticketing at the park and seeing what they are doing now. you can reach them at (714) 781-4565. HTH!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   

They will not refund you the $100 you paid for parking, but will apply it towards the cost of a premium pass. So Basically you would end up paying around $200 more. And continue to pay the 19 bucks a month till Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim R Alcoser JR View Post
    I just came to the incredible realization that my Southern California Select passport is not going to cut it anymore. Now that I podcast/photograph for a Disneyland podcast, and with Carsland opening in the middle of June, there are just too many blockout days (about 2 1/2 months this summer, straight). So I have decided to dig deep, and buy the premium annual passport.

Currently I have California Select with monthly payments plus parking, which works out to around $19.00 a month (not bad at all, eh)?

I realize that after paying the upgrade cost up front, I will still be paying my monthly payments and my pass will still expire on the same day.

Now my question is simple...kinda. I need a rough estimate of what the upgrade cost will be, or perhaps a math equation on how to find it.

I bought my pass mid August, 2011. We are pretty much in April now, so how much will the upgrade fee be (a rough estimate is fine). Will they cancel my parking since the premium includes it?

CA Select is $199.99 (plus $100.00 for parking) (plus $80 down too).
    Premium pass is $499.99 (plus $80 down???)

Hoping to find someone who has done this. I know this is the go to place for the Disneyland experts on this question, and this is my first post on micechat! :-)

This is probably a lot easier than i'm making it, but it kinda perplexes me, lol.

Thank you in advance for your time! See you around the forums!

~Tim Alcoser

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Over a year ago a friend tried to upgrade his families passes that were on the payment plan, he was told that he would have to pay the entire cost of the difference between the two passes up front. AT the time, there was no way to upgrade it and keep the payment plan. I suggest contacting ticketing at the park and seeing what they are doing now. you can reach them at (714) 781-4565. HTH!
    This continues to be the policy.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I just did an upgrade from Deluxe to Premium last week Thursday. I'm on the payments plan as well and the CM at the ticket booth told me that I would pay the difference between the two upfront which was $120 and my payments would continue as scheduled until my AP expires. It also explains it on Disneyland's website under the questions/FAQ page.