Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Mine Train Rumored For DCA, Based On HKDL Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster. Grrrreat

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Only 2 hours and 15 min left for this day.
    Be nice to have everything back to normal tomorrow.
    What is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Definitely not in the next 5 years. I don't doubt that a train attraction will eventually make its way into Grizzly Peak, but not anytime soon. The mountain itself would need an incredible amount of structural changes to accommodate any kind of attraction and Disney is not going to spend so much money so quickly after Carsland.

Disneyland proper will receive quite a bit of attention in the coming years if Tony Baxter and John Lasseter get their way (and they normally do). DCA won't see any more big improvements for awhile after this coming June.

EDIT: Whether it's an April Fools joke or not, my comments still stand as true
    So, you don't think Disney has enough money to upscale both Disneyland and DCA at a speedy pace? And you also doubt that the new DCA will be popular/profitable enuff to add even more to the cash flow? There was a large group of MiceChatters that went on for years talking about how everything about the DCA makeover(onther than Burna Vista Street - and some predicted failure for that, too) was going to be a big joke. None of them have admited they were wrong of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    oh i almost believed it. lol. good one.
    Believed who? April?

Quote Originally Posted by Asylim View Post
    April Fools Day ends at noon.

To bad though cause I like this idea.
    That's because you recognize a good idea when you see one.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Actually we have another hour and.... 50 minutes left. Screamscape, April Fools day... pretty much the same thing really.
    May and June beg to differ.

Ends at noon?
    Never heard of it ending at noon. It's April Fools DAY.

Edit:

Read up on it.
    It's until Midnight,
    however,
    some say it ends at noon because they don't want to be pranked the rest of the day.
    Pranks to them, we were almost led astray.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    enjoy the fools day while it last.
    Sage words.

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    The screamscape update it is from is one posted for April 2nd not April 1st and even he himself is doubtful if it were true:
    Perhaps he was faining doubt as kind of a twisted devil's advocate April fools joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    April Fools day does actually technically only last until noon in some places. Canada is one of those places.
    This is yet another reason why their geese keep coming here where there's more time to have fun.

yes, read that too (some say that might be an April Fools too....who knows).
    There's a Festival of Fools in Canada. It's more fun that Magic Mountain, but pails in comparison with Disneyland and DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Drat! You got to it befoire me. I was SOOO thinking that! Haha!
    So was I! It's a small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Well here it is just something that everyone knows. Different roots to the tradition I guess.

Wonder what all grows in the tradition garden. Hope there aren't any gophers knawing at the roots.

yup
    You can say that again.

---------- Post added 04-02-2012 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asylim View Post
    Off topic so my apologies but I just wanted to add the following with regards to April Fools.

As I was born on April 1st, growing up when my birthday rolled around, I got called a fool all the time by those who used to bully me, so I started reminding people that it ends at noon and I was born at quarter to one in the afternoon (this is true according to my mother).

While I'm not one to put up with bullying these days it was a bit rough when I was a kid so the entire concept of April Fools can tend to be a bit touchy for me. Working on it though.
    I admire you for your positive attitute. Many of the most successful people are those that have overcome adversity by those that enjoy hurting others. Bullies are a dime a dozen, and the age old adage really is true; "what what goes around comes around." Hang in there my friend.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Re: Mine Train Rumored For DCA, Based On HKDL Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster. Grrrreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    So, you don't think Disney has enough money to upscale both Disneyland and DCA at a speedy pace? And you also doubt that the new DCA will be popular/profitable enuff to add even more to the cash flow? There was a large group of MiceChatters that went on for years talking about how everything about the DCA makeover(onther than Burna Vista Street - and some predicted failure for that, too) was going to be a big joke. None of them have admited they were wrong of course.
    I am not questioning whether the re-launch will be successful at all. Reread my post. I am saying that Disneyland is going to get the attention after DCA. Disney is not going to invest millions into a new attraction so soon after spending a billion dollars to upscale DCA. It'll be 5 years at least until we see a major new addition to DCA.

As I said, I have no doubt that Grizzly Peak will see a train attraction at some point in the future. However, I do not seeing it being within the next decade. The amount of money needed to retrofit the mountain to accommodate another attraction is quite a bit, and this is not one of Disney's priorities.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    As I said, I have no doubt that Grizzly Peak will see a train attraction at some point in the future. However, I do not seeing it being within the next decade. The amount of money needed to retrofit the mountain to accommodate another attraction is quite a bit, and this is not one of Disney's priorities.
    Who said anything about placing it inside the mountain? Their talking about replacing RCC or using the unused area between the hotel and Soarin', not actually inside the Grizzly Peak.
    Met Anna and Elsa over 600 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Who said anything about placing it inside the mountain? Their talking about replacing RCC or using the unused area between the hotel and Soarin', not actually inside the Grizzly Peak.
    There isn't nearly enough room for a train attraction in the RCCT area. All rumors I have heard have said that the train will go through and around the mountain. Again, I see this happening at some point, but not for a number of years because of the large amount of capital needed to retrofit the Grizzly Peak area to accommodate a train attraction.

Re: Mine Train Rumored For DCA, Based On HKDL Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster. (Joke)

One of the most overlooked possible attractions that fits the "California Adventure" theme is that of a haunted, abandoned, California '49er Gold Mine ride.

The other is a thrill ride (rethemed Expedition Everest) based around Bigfoot amongst the red woods of Northern California.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12