Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Mine Train Rumored For DCA, Based On HKDL Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster. (Joke)

Source: Screamscape

Rumor has it that a new mine train ride will be coming to DCA within the next five years. The locomotive is said to be inspired by Hong Kong disney's Big Grizzly Mountain coaster. I know what some of you might be thinking. No worries... If WDI applies it's creative brain thrust to it, Disney will work it out....possibly even fast track the thing. Woudn't it be cool if the design included swinging cars (like the 7-Drawfs Coaster?! Koo Koo Ka Choo Choo!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-01-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Mine Train Rumored For DCA, Based On HKDL Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster. Grrrreat

Only 2 hours and 15 min left for this day.
    Be nice to have everything back to normal tomorrow.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Re: Mine Train Rumored For DCA, Based On HKDL Big Grizzly Mountain Coaster. Grrrreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Source: Screamscape

Rumor has it that a new mine train ride will be coming to DCA within the next five years. They locomotive is said to be inspired by Hong Kong disney's Big Grizzly Mountain coaster. I know what some of you might be thinking. No worries... If WDI applies it's creative brain thrust to it, Disney will work it out....possibly even fast track the thing. Woudn't it be cool if the design included swinging cars (like the 7-Drawfs Coaster?! Koo Koo Ka Choo Choo!
    Definitely not in the next 5 years. I don't doubt that a train attraction will eventually make its way into Grizzly Peak, but not anytime soon. The mountain itself would need an incredible amount of structural changes to accommodate any kind of attraction and Disney is not going to spend so much money so quickly after Carsland.

Disneyland proper will receive quite a bit of attention in the coming years if Tony Baxter and John Lasseter get their way (and they normally do). DCA won't see any more big improvements for awhile after this coming June.

EDIT: Whether it's an April Fools joke or not, my comments still stand as true
    Last edited by disneylandfan95; 04-01-2012 at 09:11 PM.

• Goofy

oh i almost believed it. lol. good one.

• Nutty guy from Canada

April Fools Day ends at noon.

To bad though cause I like this idea.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asylim View Post

Actually we have another hour and.... 50 minutes left. Screamscape, April Fools day... pretty much the same thing really.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Asylim View Post

Ends at noon?
    Never heard of it ending at noon. It's April Fools DAY.

Edit:

Read up on it.
    It's until Midnight,
    however,
    some say it ends at noon because they don't want to be pranked the rest of the day.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 04-01-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Goofy

enjoy the fools day while it last.

• Disney Fanatic

The screamscape update it is from is one posted for April 2nd not April 1st and even he himself is doubtful if it were true:

2013-2017 - Future Attraction Concepts - Rumor - (4/2/12) While we havenít even seen Disney complete the huge $1.2 billion makeover of California Adventure just yet, a new rumor has floated my way about a proposed new attraction that could open in the next five years. According to the message, Disney may be looking at adding a new mine train coaster, inspired by the design of the Big Grizzly Mountain coaster opening this year at Hong Kong Disneyland.
    If so, they would have to place it near the Grizzly rapids ride area, but Iíve heard previously that they canít install it onto that rideís mountain structure, so they would have to come up with a new site for it, replacing the adventure play area behind Little Mermaid, but Iím not sure there is enough room back there anymore since the expanded Grand Californian hotel wing kind of blocked them in.
    That saidÖ Iíd really be surprised if they go through with this, as I just donít see them having enough room here for a ride of that scale in this area, unless they were to decide to simply replace the rapids ride with the new coaster project instead.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

April Fools day does actually technically only last until noon in some places. Canada is one of those places.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    April Fools day does actually technically only last until noon in some places. Canada is one of those places.
    yes, read that too (some say that might be an April Fools too....who knows).
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Actually we have another hour and.... 50 minutes left. Screamscape, April Fools day... pretty much the same thing really.
    Drat! You got to it befoire me. I was SOOO thinking that! Haha!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    yes, read that too (some say that might be an April Fools too....who knows).
    Well here it is just something that everyone knows. Different roots to the tradition I guess.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Well here it is just something that everyone knows. Different roots to the tradition I guess.
    yup
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Nutty guy from Canada

Off topic so my apologies but I just wanted to add the following with regards to April Fools.

As I was born on April 1st, growing up when my birthday rolled around, I got called a fool all the time by those who used to bully me, so I started reminding people that it ends at noon and I was born at quarter to one in the afternoon (this is true according to my mother).

While I'm not one to put up with bullying these days it was a bit rough when I was a kid so the entire concept of April Fools can tend to be a bit touchy for me. Working on it though.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast