How to brave the Spring Break crowds?

I'll be going later on this week to celebrate my friend's birthday. I went a few years ago and it was terribly crowded. My friend doesn't get to go very often and it's her birthday. I want her to have a special trip and not have it be ruined by the hordes of people.We need some tips on dealing with the crowds please. :P

• Minion

Re: How to brave the Spring Break crowds?

I went March 30th/31st and honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was expecting far worse for Saturday, but there were plenty of lines that were below 30 minutes. If you have a smart phone, grab the Mobile Magic app and keep track of stand-by line times and Fast Passes so you don't waste time traversing the park to be disappointed. You'll definitely benefit by going to the park at opening and taking advantage of all the short lines from 8-10 AM.

Remember that you can make reservations to some restaurants by calling in and requesting a time slot they have available. If you must eat at a certain place, this might be a good option. If your friend doesn't want to see shows, that's also a great time to ride some rides.

My last tip is that because it's spring break, there are definitely a lot of character opportunities (or at least it seems there are more). Always keep on the look out and don't be shy to ask for a picture.

Relax. Don't try to do everything. Use Fastpass wisely. When things get too busy. Check out Lincoln or TikiRoom for a nice break.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

I'll 2nd the earlier comment. I was ther Thur. the 29th. Touring Plans had the crowd predicted at 10/10 for that day, yet it was less crowded than recent Sun. trps predicted at 7-9/10. Use FastPass. And be willing to walk a lot from park to park if you're doing both.

My family, when I was a kid (33 now), would get a hotel not to go a second day, but to maximize energy for the single day. It's amazing what a nap, dinner out of the park, and not worrying about driving home can do when you wanna get there at opening and stay til closing. Those two hours or so in late afternoon/early evening are a nice break to keep trucking into th night.

Lowlife Southern California Select passholders like me were even allowed last Thursday, but now we're blocked for two weeks. I went last Thursday. DL was open 'til midnight but it wasn't bad at all. I do think, however, that the next two weeks are when most of the Spring Break crowd will come. Heed the advice of those who go on weekends and holidays. It gets bumpy from here on.

Thanks you guys these are all really good ideas.