Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Question What are your favorite souvenirs?

I visited the parks this past Friday and Saturday and had an amazing time. We rode a ton of rides, despite the heavy crowds, and saw World of Color--a first for someone in our group. We tried the "goat trick" on BTMRR (which we still don't understand), had the best skipper on the Jungle Cruise, and I finally got to try my hand at Midway Mania for the second time ever. The only two drawbacks were the rain during WoC and the fact that I didn't buy any souvenir to take home.

While I visit the park relatively frequently now, I still feel compelled to buy something to bring home. I looked at lithographs, frames, Disneyana stuff (which were all gorgeous, by the way), and clothes, but I couldn't find anything that quite resonated with me at the time.

So here are the questions I pose to you: Is there anything that you always buy? What are your favorite stores? What is your most cherished souvenir? How much are you willing to spend on the perfect souvenir?

Re: What are your favorite souvenirs?

I used to purchase a figurine every single trip. Then they stopped selling them. Now I buy a pin for my lanyard each trip. I also like postcards. and of course lots of pictures. I am always looking for the perfect t-shirt or hoodie.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I rarely do clothing. It has to be good, right color and not too overly priced.
    Most things I see have to "speak to me". I don't buy to buy.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

For myself, I opt for drinking ware, provided there are new designs or ones I don't have yet that aren't too cheesy. Last trip, it was a Hollywood Tower Hotel ceramic coffee mug and a Grand Californian scotch-type glass.

Vinylmation figures as well, here or there...but park attraction specific designs only basically. Things representative of the actual park attractions or lands are harder and harder to come by, and that's a shame.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

I get new Mickey Ears every trip, because I dont get to visit too often. I also like anything that I can display on my walls. Or jewelry. I hardly ever splurge on clothes, because I hardly ever love the choices.

• Banned User

My Indiana Jones hat.. wear it every trip, and when I go hiking, etc.

• Banned User

I usually pick up Vinylmations whenever I go now. There's usually a new 'special' one or one for the holidays whenever I get to go, so it's a nice, tiny memento. And they look good lined up on my desk!

• Disney Freak

My favorite souvenirs are the little press pennies. I've got two books full because they're inexpensive and a great reminder of all the cool things you got to do.

Also, I have to get a stuffed animal every time we go to Disney.
    I'm such a nerd.

• Minion

My Donald-as-a-pirate rubber ducky is sitting on my desk right now.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm starting a collection of leather bracelets from Frontierland, but that's about it. Also looking to expand my attraction poster collection. I have about 60 pressed pennies from the parks and just 2 Vinylmations not from the parks. Other than that, I don't want to be the person who has little figurines and collectible things all over the house like you see in some episodes of Hoarders. Yikes.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Pins and pressed pennies. My Pin collection is silly big, and my penny collection is obsessive in size and organization.

But I love them and they are something easy I can get each time we go, as it is more and more often we go now with our APs.

• Minion

I'm actually surprised at the all the responses saying pressed pennies. I was into them back in the single-digit years, but I guess I assumed everyone else's love for them waned as mine did.

For everyone talking about art/posters--how do you display and frame them?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I haven't gotten a art print in a while, but last times I got ones from print on demand I bought frames at Aaron Brothers (NorCal has such, not sure about LA area) and just framed them myself.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Michael's is a good spot for framing in So Cal and if you keep an eye out you can catch coupons for discounts.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Minion

PINS PINS PINS!!!!!! and art. I am buying a new house so I plan on having a lot of disney things on the walls mainly attraction posters and artwork i have been collecting for a while. Maybe a different wall for each land who knows what will happen once I get into my place

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast