• Banned User

Disney Should Consider Using This Ride Technology!

Look at this video to see what I'm talking about.

What the ride does is have several riders on a gondola that is on a tower. The tower allows the gondola to move 360 degrees, flip, and move up and down. If they can solve the capacity issue, I'm sure they can blow Harry Potter right out of the water.

Re: Disney Should Consider Using This Ride Technology!

I mean... This is Roller Coaster Ty**** 3, so this particular ride doesn't really exist. It's comparable to Vekoma's Pandora's Box ride (which is just a model they sell; none have ever been built) but otherwise it looks like KUKA's robo-arm but without the dexterity.

A drop tower with an extending arm that can revolve freely while traveling along a track seems unnecessarily complex to me, and like an "off-brand" robo-arm from Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I don't know. That's my two cents.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bkroz View Post
    A drop tower with an extending arm that can revolve freely while traveling along a track seems unnecessarily complex to me, and like an "off-brand" robo-arm from Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I don't know. That's my two cents.
    While it technically can do most of the things the KUKA arm of HP can do, the main feature is that it can move up or down...which is the only thing that can't really be done with KUKA. Now that Universal has exclusive partnership with them, Disney can make their own version of this and can potentially make a much cooler ride than Potter...and more thrilling. Although this may be very risky to do, imagine the hype of making the world's first dark ride to flip you upside down.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    While it technically can do most of the things the KUKA arm of HP can do, the main feature is that it can move up or down...which is the only thing that can't really be done with KUKA. Now that Universal has exclusive partnership with them, Disney can make their own version of this and can potentially make a much cooler ride than Potter...and more thrilling. Although this may be very risky to do, imagine the hype of making the world's first dark ride to flip you upside down.
    Disney was the first to use a Kuka arm in an amusement park and has used them as an attraction before Universal. Bird and Tiger, Sum of all Thrills.

Universal put it on a converyor system and put movie screens along the path.

• Insomniac

I love the concept of the ride system. My major problem with it is whether it would be like FJ where you have a bunch of people get really sick riding it. If you could make the ride system actually work without being too complicated to actually function it has potential. It is like a combination of FJ with Pandora's box. FJ will be dethrowned in the next few years I'm sure but will it be Disney that dethrowns it? Or will it be universal? Six flags? Someone else? If Disney wants to create an immersive experience they don't necessarily need to use untested ride systems, however, they would only help themselves if they chose to push the envelope like they once did.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I love the concept of the ride system. My major problem with it is whether it would be like FJ where you have a bunch of people get really sick riding it. If you could make the ride system actually work without being too complicated to actually function it has potential. It is like a combination of FJ with Pandora's box. FJ will be dethrowned in the next few years I'm sure but will it be Disney that dethrowns it? Or will it be universal? Six flags? Someone else? If Disney wants to create an immersive experience they don't necessarily need to use untested ride systems, however, they would only help themselves if they chose to push the envelope like they once did.
    LOL

I really want to see Disney do something cutting-edge or something that just hasn't been done before.

• Down Pluto!

All speculation aside - it appears to be a non-standard ride in the RCT3 repertoire. Does anyone know where the custom ride can be obtained?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Disney + Menken fan

^Revolutionary Rides
    This is the site of the ride system makers for RCT3 they also have systems based on omnimover and The Amazing Spiderman ride!
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Disney was the first to use a Kuka arm in an amusement park and has used them as an attraction before Universal. Bird and Tiger, Sum of all Thrills.

Universal put it on a converyor system and put movie screens along the path.
    I think that Legoland had used the Kuka ride system before Disney's Sum of all Thrills.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    I think that Legoland had used the Kuka ride system before Disney's Sum of all Thrills.
    On what at Legoland?

Let me rewrite my sentence.

Disney was the first to use a Kuka arm in an amustment park. Epcot in the early 80s. Well before LL existed and Kuka started using them as a ride.