Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Lack of Mickey in Fantasmic (4/1/12)

So i was at the second showing of fantasmic this past evening, and mickey neither came out on top of the shed, nor appeared at the bottom for the "some imagination huh?" part. was this also out during the first show, or was there just some sort of malfunction with the second show?

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Re: Lack of Mickey in Fantasmic (4/1/12)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Senior Minion

Thanks Josh. You're always so helpful. Im glad you're here

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Glad I could be of assistance, Joel.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Parking Lot > DCA

Well, case closed I guess!

April Fools. Disney Got everyone

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Exactly what happened? Or what didn't happen? They ran the fireworks and fountains and finished out totally without Mickey?

Major Magic Spoilers, No Kids:
    Spoiler
    Only thing I can speculate is that one of the Mickeys wasn't in position and triggering the safety switch for his stage lift (probably with a foot switch, or a stagehand watching) or one of the stage lifts wasn't ready to trigger (Stage trap door or Mill Roof sliding door not open and locked, hydraulic pump didn't start, etc.) and they skipped the whole sequence to keep it from looking bad.

Another possibility would be an injury backstage, or there was an error earlier in the show that kept one of the Mickeys from making their final mark in time - the same performers do multiple characters and appearances through the show. They have to get off the island onto the Columbia, then onto the rafts, back onto the island, then Mark Twain, often doing a costume change in-between each, and hustle to their spots for the closing. If they couldn't get the ship docked, gangplank out, and off the ship and make their final positions in time... If there's nobody available that can sub for the missing performer, that's a problem.

They can't have Sorcerer Mickey pop up on the top of the Mill and do his sequence and then disappear in another flash of glitter-pots... And not have Sequinned Mickey show up down on the main stage for his last line, that would be even worse.

If they got that far into the show without any other major problems, far better for the Stage Director to hit the button to inhibit the fireworks and skip the sequence, and get to the end of the show. An E-Stop at that point would be far worse.

Oh, and I'm operating off the assumption the headers are correct and this was posted at 1 AM Tuesday April 3rd, so "this past evening" would be talking about the show on Monday April 2nd. NOT Fools Day Sunday April 1st. Words Have Meanings.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Last edited by Bruce Bergman; 04-03-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

I was at this showing and the original mickey was in the beginning of the show... but not the end. It was sorcerer mickey who said the "some imagination huh?" part. Not sure if there was an injury or what but Sorcerer mickey knew he had to stay up top for the entire finale as he did the hand movements and everything while he spoke.
    Here is the video I took of it
    I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Looks like he lost his Tuxedo and couldnt insta change. **huk, snort, ha!**

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Senior Minion

No this is not anything april fools. I was there last night, april second.

and yes, everything else in the show ran fine, the fireworks and everything in the finale ran as normal, there was just no sorceror mickey or sequined mickey..
    ill post the little bit of video i managed to get when i noticed it

---------- Post added 04-03-2012 at 02:23 PM ----------

Fantasmic! Finale without Mickey... - YouTube

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Only thing I can figure is that Mickey has a two-way radio on him with an earpiece stuck in his ear, perhaps a voice actuated microphone too, and he can stay in touch with the Stage Director as the show is going. If the director says "Stage lift is broken, stay up on top if the Mill for the final line!" he can play it that way.

Or they could put a talkback speaker up there aimed at him, and you'd never hear it over the soundtrack.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Disney fanatic

We were there for this show (10:30) as well. Even my kids noticed that there was no Mickey for the "some imagination, huh?" part. It kind of let everyone down. There was an audible rumble. Usually, he appears up on the top of the cabin and then down in his sparkles at the end- neither were there for our showing.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

That's pretty amazing that they can change the whole ending sequence at the last minute.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Everything is adaptable. My only guess is the computers that control the lifts had a glitch so both didn't show up, or some issue happened on the island.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

Judging off of both of those videos, it would appear that the main problem is the stage lift for the area in front of the mill was broken and is in need of maintenance. However, the fact that the Sorcerer Mickey on the roof of the mill was present in one and absent in the other could imply that the staff is having trouble operating the many lifts and doors needed to get Mickey in position.

The fact that this has happened more than once is a clear indication that it is a malfunction in technology and not a human error, unless they were training a new person to take the old Mickey performer's spot and they have been getting held up when trying to learn the ropes.

Of course, this is all pure speculation, but it seems to be a logical explanation. It is rather odd that they are having issues considering there was a slight refurbishment within the past couple months; maybe some tinkering ended up doing more harm than good. Assuming we have Disney's top engineers and mechanics on the job, I think it will be fixed in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast