Thread: Saving DCA

Saving DCA

What is all this talk about changing theming, such as the condor flats-grizzly peak area have a better transitiopn ro whatever. WHO CARES? sounds like money, money that could be spent on attractions that could actually attract people.
    5 days a week

• The one, the only...

Re: Saving DCA

One of the time tested principles from Disneyland is if you want to increase attendance, create a show-stopping, rip-roaring attraction. Now that could be a ride or a must-see attraction. That has worked for the first 40 years of Disneyland to increase attendance. The last attraction added was Indiana Jones.

Before that the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain RR, Splash Mountain and Star Tours increased attendance.

Right now money is being used to build a second Chinese theme park. That is were the focus will be for 2006.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

If they ever design a new theme park, I just hope it will blow the public away. But now, DCA needs the work. It really is stupid that Disney accountants like Paul Pressler and Micahel Eisner didn't realize if you do it right the first time, you won't have to go back and fix it. If i had it my way, it would bulldoze a few select areas of the park and start over. But they have to work with what they have and it is not that easy of a job. Who knows, I give up on these DCA problems. It is extremly frustrating and all of it could have been avoided if they did right in the first place. Same goes for Walt Disney Studios...

Quote Originally Posted by njacobus
    What is all this talk about changing theming, such as the condor flats-grizzly peak area have a better transitiopn ro whatever. WHO CARES? sounds like money, money that could be spent on attractions that could actually attract people.
    You're exactly right. But here's the problem. The guy who championed Walt Disney Studios Paris, Jay Rasulo, is now in charge. And the guys who built WDSP and DCA are still running Imagineering. They are actually stupid enough to think that DCA and WDSP are good parks that just need fresh paint and some trees. Jay Rasulo will never approve an E-ticket ride for a domestic park. When he was in strat planing he said that Spash Mtn and Indy were bad investments. This guy that everyone loves for apporving fresh paint for DL is the same guy who killed Disneyland Paris (much in the same was Pressler killed DL).

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz
    You're exactly right. But here's the problem. The guy who championed Walt Disney Studios Paris, Jay Rasulo, is now in charge. And the guys who built WDSP and DCA are still running Imagineering. They are actually stupid enough to think that DCA and WDSP are good parks that just need fresh paint and some trees. Jay Rasulo will never approve an E-ticket ride for a domestic park. When he was in strat planing he said that Spash Mtn and Indy were bad investments. This guy that everyone loves for apporving fresh paint for DL is the same guy who killed Disneyland Paris (much in the same was Pressler killed DL).
    In someways I can see Rasulo's point that Splash and Indy were bad investments... 1. Splash does not capitalize on Song of the South the way that it could because Disney still refuses to release it on DVD because it is a controversial film... And 2. Indy is a Paramount property... Paramount/Viacom now has their own theme parks... It is like giveing Paramount free advertisment... In some ways Tower of Terror is a bad investment for the same reason... The Twilight Zone is a CBS/Viacom property... Of course "Tower of Terror" and it's story is a Disney property... Though not exactly the portait of popularity...

I think it also equates to how the rides have added to attendance and sales... as well...

However... Splash Mountain was the single most popular ride in the park... at least untill Space Mountian reclaimed that title...
    Check out my other blog: