Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

I am with all of you regarding the classic shows and movies that the Disney Channel showed before the big change to their programming. I used to watch Mousercise, Walt Disney Presents and all of the classic live-action and animated films when I had cable. I was even fortunate enough to record some shows like the New Mickey Mouse Club (1977) and some of the Disneyland shows which I have on VHS tape. I believe Disney should release ALL of the shows on DVD fur those of us who love classic Tv, Disney style!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

I miss the Disney Channel of long ago. I loved the adult programming after 9pm. They showed some of the most awesome concert specials like David Bowie's "Black Tie/White Noise" and they even showed the occasional Beatles movie (I remember watching "A Hard Day's Night" with my dad one time).

I am so sick of Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, Phil of the Future, Even Stevens and Raven that I would rather jam my finger through my eye, into my brain and swirl it around.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Picard
    I am SO with you!
    I LOVED watching the Disney Vault programs! It was also nice that the shows were on later in the evening/early morning, when more adults were up watching tv.

Was VERY sad when they took them off, and actually have not watched The Disney Channel since. As a thirty-something - just not into the 'tween/Raven thing!
    Same here. But now that I am getting the shows I use to watch on Vault Disney on DVD, I no longer have to watch Disney Channel anymore thankfully.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM
    I am with all of you regarding the classic shows and movies that the Disney Channel showed before the big change to their programming. I used to watch Mousercise, Walt Disney Presents and all of the classic live-action and animated films when I had cable. I was even fortunate enough to record some shows like the New Mickey Mouse Club (1977) and some of the Disneyland shows which I have on VHS tape. I believe Disney should release ALL of the shows on DVD fur those of us who love classic Tv, Disney style!
    I remember Mousercise!!!!

Glad to know I am not the only one who watched it .

Unfotunatly, I asked Leonard Maltin if Disney will release anymore episodes from Disneyland park in a second Disneyland USA Disney Treasures volume and he said that unfortunately Disneyland USA volume one did not sell so well so there is probably not going to be a follow up for it . Now this is not Leonards fault at all it is Disney's. So if you want a follow up volume for Disney Treasures Disneyland USA E-mail, call, and write letters to Disney letting them know. Otherwise they will most likely not release a follow up to it.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I remember Mousercise!!!!

Glad to know I am not the only one who watched it .

Cool Down Cool Down Cool Down its Cool Down Time.

I still say that to people. I loved Mousercise. I still have the Vinyl album original cover and all.

I was really hoping that with the 50th they would be releasing some of the old Wonderful World of Disney and Dateline Disney shows. I was at least hoping that Disney would bring back VaultDisney for the 50th. I don't care how well it sold i know a lot of people who would love to see them again.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Mousercise Oh I almost forgot about that one. Oh I loved it too!!! I also remember Dumbo's Circus and Welcome to Pooh's Corner. And I loved it when they played the reruns of Kids Inc.

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by disneylover4ever
    And I loved it when they played the reruns of Kids Inc.
    That's one i haven't heard in a while...

Kids Incorporated K-I-D-S

I remember when we got the Disney Channel when i lived in La we had to get a special connector that screwed into the cable box. I remember comming home and my mom saying that we got the Disney Channel!!!!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

In case anyone is interested, I have almost every episode (missing one) from Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, Wonderful World of Color/Disney on the subject of Disneyland. This includes The Disneyland Story, A Further Report on Disneyland, the Pre-Opening Report, Dateline Disneyland (opening day), Disneyland the Park, An Adventure in the Magic Kingdom, A Trip Through Adventureland, Disneyland USA, Disneyland '61, Holiday Time at Disneyland, Bell Telephone Special (early 60's), Disneyland Tenth Anniversary, Disneyland Around the Seasons, Disneyland Showtime, Disneyland 25th Anniversary, 35th Anniversary, The Magic of Disneyland, Gala Day at Disneyland, New Tomorrowland (1998 yuck!!!) and many more that I am forgeting. I also have over 300 episodes from the Sunday evening show and many more WDW, Walt Disney and Disney related things on tape. Check oout my website www.magicalhotel.com for some fun stuff on my book as well. If you are interested in these shows, drop me a line.

• Minion

I remember when the Disney Channel was a premium cable channel, and they would have the times when it was free! I remember when they use to play cartoons. I think the Disney Channel today is not as great as it used to be, but you must also remember they are catering to the current generation, they need a ton of visual entertainment!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

I really miss these shows - especially Zorro. We would stay up on vacation till 3 AM just watching Mickey Mouse Club and Zorro.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

One thing I loved was waking up at 4 in the morning in order to watch Escape from Witch Mountain or Candleshoe.

I have contacted Disney Television about this a few times, and get pretty much the same answer back: "We base our programming on the viewing habits of our target market, which is primarily kids and teens." In other words, the ones who aren't paying for the cable bills and who shouldn't be up past midnight watching TV are their "target market".

I attempted to point out their poor logic, especially since they aren't advertising anything except their own programming, and thus they don't really have a revenue model, so their whole "target market" argument is worthless. But what do I know. I just like those old shows, and would gladly pay for yet another Disney Channel that is devoted to just them, if I cannot convince the programming people that one measly hour in the middle of the night wouldn't detract from their precious target audience.

Jeez.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

OK folks, I have the following shows on tape (plus many more Disney related shows). If you are interested in these, please drop me a line through my website www.magicalhotel.com or with a posting. I would be willing to trade with you for some that I do not have.

Disneyland Shows on TV

The Disneyland Story 10/27/54
    A Progress Report/Nature’s Half Acre 2/9/55
    A Further Report on Disneyland (also called the pre-opening report) 7/13/55
    Dateline Disneyland 7/17/55
    A Trip Through Adventureland/Water Birds 2/29/56
    Disneyland USA 1956
    Disneyland the Park/Pecos Bill 4/3/57
    An Adventure in the Magic Kingdom 4/9/58
    Gala Day at Disneyland
    Bell Telephone Hour: The Sounds of America 2/17/61
    Disneyland ‘61/Olympic Elk 5/28/61
    40 Pounds of Trouble (Disneyland scenes only) 1962
    Disneyland After Dark 4/15/62
    The Golden Horseshoe Revue 9/23/62
    Holiday Time at Disneyland 12/23/62
    Disneyland Goes to the World’s Fair 5/17/64
    Disneyland Tenth Anniversary 1/3/65
    Jack Benny Hour Goes to Disneyland 11/3/65
    Disneyland Around the Seasons 12/18/66
    Disneyland: From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow 1/21/68
    The Magic of Disneyland 1969?
    Disneyland Showtime 3/22/70
    Sandy in Disneyland 4/10/74
    Christmas in Disneyland 12/6/76
    Disneyland 25th Anniversary 9/14/80
    Disneyland 30th Anniversary 2/18/85
    Disneyland 35th Anniversary 2/4/90
    Disneyland Inside Out 1995 (all episodes)
    Disneyland Inside Out 1996 (all episodes)
    Light Magic 1997
    New Tomorrowland 1998

Walt Disney World Shows on TV

Project Florida 1967
    The Grand Opening of Walt Disney World 10/29/71
    The Magic of Walt Disney World
    Welcome to the World 3/23/75
    The Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World 11/20/77
    A Dream Called Walt Disney World
    Opening of Epcot 10/23/82
    Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream

Disney Family Albums (numerous episodes)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    I have contacted Disney Television about this a few times, and get pretty much the same answer back: "We base our programming on the viewing habits of our target market, which is primarily kids and teens." In other words, the ones who aren't paying for the cable bills and who shouldn't be up past midnight watching TV are their "target market".

I attempted to point out their poor logic, especially since they aren't advertising anything except their own programming, and thus they don't really have a revenue model, so their whole "target market" argument is worthless. But what do I know. I just like those old shows, and would gladly pay for yet another Disney Channel that is devoted to just them, if I cannot convince the programming people that one measly hour in the middle of the night wouldn't detract from their precious target audience.

Jeez.
    It seems to me that Disney does not even know what it wants to do with itself at times. I see it as a company facing an identity crisis right now in some of its areas such as Disney Channel.

• Banned User

I personally loved Spin & Marty, and Zorro. I would stay up all night sunday just to get my Vault Disney fix.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast