Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

I tried to watch "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" but vomited. I saw an episode where one of the twins run of with his rock star dad and his stoner hippie friend on their tour bus. The show was dumb and full with immature humor such as the hippie guy saying on the bus "man I get bus sick, I wish I were on a plane. Waith, I get air sick too!" I can tall that they use a laugh track on that show because who in their right mind would want to waste time seeing that in person.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    I personally loved Spin & Marty, and Zorro. I would stay up all night sunday just to get my Vault Disney fix.
    Well, now Spin and Marty have made the treasures list, and still waiting on Zorro.

However, I have it on good authority that someone has all of the Zorro's (including the 4 hour long episodes) on DVD...........
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

They really need to put more Disney classic information on the Disney Channel.

Its become very much a "Walt-Free Zone".

They're so trying to be "hip", "edgy" and "aimed at Tweens", they've
    lost track of the first name of their channel!

Maybe they could buy the history channel and move the older disney stuff over there....at least we'd be able to see it between the WWII marathons.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    They really need to put more Disney classic information on the Disney Channel.

Its become very much a "Walt-Free Zone".

They're so trying to be "hip", "edgy" and "aimed at Tweens", they've
    lost track of the first name of their channel!

Maybe they could buy the history channel and move the older disney stuff over there....at least we'd be able to see it between the WWII marathons.
    Disney already own the history channel.

I adored the Disney Channel as it was from its inception to the early 1990s.

Then: Old Disney movies, old Disney TV shows, old Disney cartoons. They even had new stuff that was good too, like the "Avonlea" TV series from Canada, and concerts. They showed other studios' classic movies in the pre-Turner Classic Movies days; the Rodgers and Hammerstein film and TV special festival in 1991, and plenty of concerts which included artists like Paul McCartney, Carole King, et al. They showed the old Frank Sinatra TV specials and the Judy Garland Christmas show.

Now: Wall-to-wall "Sister, Sister" reruns and That's So Raven, which I can stand nevermore. Anyone remember a short-lived Sally Field sitcom called "The Girl With Something Extra"? That's where they got the idea for "Raven" from.

If it ain't broke...

Of course, today they could show all this stuff restored and remastered in HD on a Disney Classics Channel. Of course I'd need about 7 TiVOs to record all of it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Tithesis

Then: Old Disney movies, old Disney TV shows, old Disney cartoons. They even had new stuff that was good too, like the "Avonlea" TV series from Canada, and concerts....

If it ain't broke...
    Aunt - welcome, and thanks for bumping this thread...Disney sure "fixed" this Channel all right...Nothing against the new stuff which I'd never watch in a million years - but they don't care about me.

Just give me back those marvelous 2-3 hours late at night and those great old shows...or, again, create a Disney Classic channel which could actually be classic like Classic Sports was til Disney starting "fixing" that too...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

I was watching that movie with Jim Carrey, Me, Myself and Irene. It reminds me of the those true life adventures I had seen on Vault Disney. You know the squeaky-clean Disney voiceover in the movies. Those were so cool. I hope they dont save those for the Disney Treasures. A lot of it may end up on the cutting room floor. I really would like to see the one with the dog that delivered mail to all the miners in Calico Ghost Town.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I remember Mousercise!!!!

Glad to know I am not the only one who watched it .
    That is soooo funny. I had forgotten about that show. I remember i used to get up at like 6 am to Mousercise, and I would put on my little leotard and leg warmers LOL!!!!! This was back in the day when Disney was a pay channel was it not?? Maybe that's the difference in the show quality. I always watched vault disney. I also miss seeing the classic cartoons. I love Donald Duck and Chip and Dale ones. Ah memories.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Tithesis

Then: Old Disney movies, old Disney TV shows, old Disney cartoons. They even had new stuff that was good too, like the "Avonlea" TV series from Canada, and concerts. They showed other studios' classic movies in the pre-Turner Classic Movies days; the Rodgers and Hammerstein film and TV special festival in 1991, and plenty of concerts which included artists like Paul McCartney, Carole King, et al. They showed the old Frank Sinatra TV specials and the Judy Garland Christmas show.

Now: Wall-to-wall "Sister, Sister" reruns and That's So Raven, which I can stand nevermore. Anyone remember a short-lived Sally Field sitcom called "The Girl With Something Extra"? That's where they got the idea for "Raven" from.

If it ain't broke...

Of course, today they could show all this stuff restored and remastered in HD on a Disney Classics Channel. Of course I'd need about 7 TiVOs to record all of it.
    Ah, those were the days! Speaking of the TRUE Disney Channel, I happend to purchase the DVD of their 1993 re-make of Heidi starring the late Jason Robards, Jane Seymour and Noley Thorton. It is shown uncut (roughly about 3 hours) as it was shown on the Disney Channel. I am happy to see them at least putting some of the movies they used to shown on DVD but I am appaled to see them putting commercials on the DC, too! In the old days, programs were COMMERCIAL FREE! Sadly, the DC's original programming format is history like Station sign-offs with the National Anthem and others...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM
    Ah, those were the days! Speaking of the TRUE Disney Channel, I happend to purchase the DVD of their 1993 re-make of Heidi starring the late Jason Robards, Jane Seymour and Noley Thorton. It is shown uncut (roughly about 3 hours) as it was shown on the Disney Channel. I am happy to see them at least putting some of the movies they used to shown on DVD but I am appaled to see them putting commercials on the DC, too! In the old days, programs were COMMERCIAL FREE! Sadly, the DC's original programming format is history like Station sign-offs with the National Anthem and others...
    I remember commercial free Disney just as clear as commercial free cable .

• Super saucy pixie!

Oh what I wouldn't give for the Disney Channel to be how it once was. I saved a bunch of the old monthly Disney Channel Magazines with the listings and everything and the programming was so high quality. I will miss that channel forever. I can't even remember the last time I flipped by it, let alone watched it. Maybe because I'm not 13...

• Koubu Pilot

I don't like the Disney Channel that we have now. It's so bland. I remember before we had cable, the Disney Channel was always special to watch because we didn't have it at home. When we got cable in '92, Disney Channel is what I watched. There were good shows. Vault Disney was the best block of programming. I would stay up late in high school on the weekends just to watch it. My little brother was only 3 and liked Zorro so much, he went as Zorro for a few Halloweens.

I'm sorry. Hillary Duff, that Christy Carlson Romano chick, Raven, and Lindsay Lohan can never be Annette! They don't have the talent and the way they dress is pretty slutty. Raven was adorable on the Cosby Show waaaaaaay back like 17 years ago. Hillary Duff is just annoying. Lindsay Lohan is always at the center of drama.

• For You!

When my first son was born, he's wake up and 2 am and 4 am - there was always an old Elvis movie on, or an old classic. It was great!

Although my kids like the original shows on Disney Channel, it was nice to get up in the middle of the night and be able to watch something other than an infomercial

And yes, I remember Mousercise! Also, the DTV videos! I used to wait for those!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

A while back, I started a letter writing campaign to get the programming changed to the Vault Disney type format. It worked and there is no reason why it won't work again. Somewhere on this forum, I saw the guys name in charge of programming. They will listen to you so let's get an e-mail chain going to Disney pleading for our old shows. Can anybody point us to the person? I will do my homework and get his name and e-mail address.

www.magicalhotel.com

If they do make a classic Disney channel, even in the morning they could show some of the kids shows from the early 80s to early 90s, because after the whole "65 episode package" came round, all the shows seem to be junk. I was looking through this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Disney_Channel
    and remembering all the good shows they used to show. I would saty up on sundays to watch Vault Disney, and remembering fascinated by all the episodes featuring Disneyland..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast