Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Bring Back Vault Disney

    I used to love to watch the old "Vault Disney" shows they used to air late at night on the Disney Channel...everything from vintage cartoons to old episodes of "Disneyland", "World Of Color", and "World Of Disney". Many of these showed Disneyland in its early years.
    Anyone else interesting in giving a shout-out to Disney Channel for at least a one or two hour block each night?
    Or how about a new channel a la ESPN...Disney Classic?
    There'd be plenty of new programming that they could work around the vintage stuff, much as Disney's ESPN Classic does...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  2. #2

    • rosy, stunned and amused
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    344

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    I am SO with you!
    I LOVED watching the Disney Vault programs! It was also nice that the shows were on later in the evening/early morning, when more adults were up watching tv.

    Was VERY sad when they took them off, and actually have not watched The Disney Channel since. As a thirty-something - just not into the 'tween/Raven thing!
    "AND CONGRATULATIONS MICECHAT! WE HAVE NOW GONE INTO RELIGION, POLITICS, AND RACISM ON ONE THREAD! HELLS HAT-TRICK!"
    - PanTheMan


    <img src=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/drpicard/01d3ee07.jpg border=0 alt= />

  3. #3

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    I miss them as well, but I think that Disney will probably turn most of the Vault Disney Shows into the current Treasures DVD collections. (this last part is for another thread)just to turn an extra buck.
    I remember some late nights staying up watching the shows about Disneyland. I miss them alot I have to say again.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,588

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    I remember staying up late Sunday nights to watch really old re runs of walt disney presents
    i only remember one episode where they go behind the scenes on the haunted mansion at DL
    I miss it sooo much

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,099

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Disney is rumored to be negotiating for The Hallmark Channel - - now that would make a perfect Disney Classics Channel, don't you think? i hope they see the possibilites.

  6. #6

    • DisneylandDan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    416

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Im wish they had that too. My ultimate dream would be a box set of all the Disneyland TV episodes from day one. I know someone has to have them on tape. Id pay good money for that

    Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

  7. #7

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    I was a huge fan of the Vault's shows back when they aired them and I also hope that they return.

    I do have a set of about 6 of the shows from back then but they aren't the best quality and they are directly from the Disney Channel broadcasts so they have commercial breaks in them. Some of the tapes were taped over multiple times. I wish that they were of better quality...

    There have been some pretty lengthly threads on this subject in the past.

  8. #8

    • MC State Comptroller
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    757

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Man do i wish Vault Disney was still on the air.

    I would always watch them when they aired, i have purchased the Disneyland USA dvd, which could feature a lot more stuff, but at least when i get nostalgic i pop them in.

    They really need to do a VaultDisney channel, i cannot stand The new Disney Channel or should i say "The Raven Simone Channel."
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"


    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"


    Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

  9. #9

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    I was a huge fan of the Vault's shows back when they aired them and I also hope that they return.

    I do have a set of about 6 of the shows from back then but they aren't the best quality and they are directly from the Disney Channel broadcasts so they have commercial breaks in them. Some of the tapes were taped over multiple times. I wish that they were of better quality...

    There have been some pretty lengthly threads on this subject in the past.
    Sorry if this is a redundancy...sometimes I just ask questions or state an opinion without thinking about that.
    May I ask if there's also been threads about "Song of the South", and why Disney has caused it to vanish from the Earth?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #10

    • Artsy Fartsy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    790

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper
    They really need to do a VaultDisney channel, i cannot stand The new Disney Channel or should i say "The Raven Simone Channel."
    My thoughts exactly. When did that happen. I can remember staying up till 1 or 2 am and catching Spin and Marty and good old movies. I miss that.


    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

  11. #11

    • MC State Comptroller
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    757

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
    My thoughts exactly. When did that happen. I can remember staying up till 1 or 2 am and catching Spin and Marty and good old movies. I miss that.

    As i have said to my family...

    "The adventures of Spin and Marty DVD better be under my Christmas Tree or it will become a Yule Log presents and all!!!!"

    I really hope that they come out with more, albeit better quaility DVD's, like Disneyland USA. The Donald Chronicles i hear are good but poor quaility. Hopefully this changes.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"


    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"


    Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I used to love to watch the old "Vault Disney" shows they used to air late at night on the Disney Channel...everything from vintage cartoons to old episodes of "Disneyland", "World Of Color", and "World Of Disney". Many of these showed Disneyland in its early years.
    Anyone else interesting in giving a shout-out to Disney Channel for at least a one or two hour block each night?
    Or how about a new channel a la ESPN...Disney Classic?
    There'd be plenty of new programming that they could work around the vintage stuff, much as Disney's ESPN Classic does...
    They would ruin it so I doubt they will do it again. Disney does not have even the tallent to do a tv show correctly anymore. Just look how they ruined the Disney Channel.

  13. #13

    • CM for 4 years!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    2,225

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Just look how they ruined the Disney Channel.
    I don't know, my little sisters watch it for hours on end, so it can't have been "ruined." They love That's So Raven. That's So Raven is really no worse than Saved by the Bell. :P
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

  14. #14

    • MC State Comptroller
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    757

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I don't know, my little sisters watch it for hours on end, so it can't have been "ruined." They love That's So Raven. That's So Raven is really no worse than Saved by the Bell. :P

    SLANDER!!!! SLANDER!!!!

    How dare you compare the Great Screech Powers to *ugh* Raven. The smile power of Zach Moris, or the siren-like voices of Lisa, Jesse and wasshername singing "I'm So Excited". How dare thee indeed!!

    My son loves the new disney and so does my wife. I cannot watch it. We were at DL when they were filming their Christmas Special and my Wife and MIL were so excited to hear them call the name of the Phil of the Future kid. I took our son and went to Club Buzz while they looked to see if they could see him.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"


    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"


    Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

  15. #15

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Bring Back Vault Disney

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Sorry if this is a redundancy...sometimes I just ask questions or state an opinion without thinking about that.
    May I ask if there's also been threads about "Song of the South", and why Disney has caused it to vanish from the Earth?




    Sorry if you took my message the wrong way. No offense meant. I was just letting you know about the past threads so you could check them for more/different information. Not everyone posts things a second (or third) time, and their might be posts there from folks who have left the board.

    I feel that the more information...the better.

    Enjoy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney DVD's Heading Back To The Vault
    By tjcjr in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
  2. Get Vault Disney Back on the Air.....Here's How
    By oldhotelguy in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
  3. I wish Disney would bring back Skull Rock...
    By C-HOX in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 10:19 PM
  4. Just for fun - What should I bring you back from Walt Disney World?
    By Barbaraann in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 05:52 AM
  5. Bring Back the Disney Villans Shop!!!
    By cellarhound in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 04:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •