Question on purchasing tickets

We have always purchased the Southern California annual passes, but they expired last month. I have a brother coming down from out of state next month, and he and his wife want to go to Disneyland. I want to renew my annual pass, but it has that Saturday blacked out... if I purchase a normal ticket for that Saturday, can I apply the price of the ticket towards renewing my annual pass? Or will I be required to purchase the $379 annual pass since we'll be going on a Saturday?

TIA.

• Minion

Re: Question on purchasing tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Supertank View Post
    We have always purchased the Southern California annual passes, but they expired last month. I have a brother coming down from out of state next month, and he and his wife want to go to Disneyland. I want to renew my annual pass, but it has that Saturday blacked out... if I purchase a normal ticket for that Saturday, can I apply the price of the ticket towards renewing my annual pass? Or will I be required to purchase the $379 annual pass since we'll be going on a Saturday?

TIA.
    Yes, that works. You can use the ticket on a Blockout day and upgrade with no problems. You don't have to buy a blockout ticket or anything. At the very most, you'd have to just buy a "new" AP (not a renewal). The discount is only like $20 though, I believe.

• Nerd

Re: Question on purchasing tickets

If you renew your pass on that Saturday - You will also be able to go into the park even though its a regular block out day for your pass. Its always a good idea to renew on a block out day and pick up an extra day.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/