Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077

    Building A New DL Resort Themed Hotel

    I have been thinking that there should be another DL Resort hotel. DL hotels runat %85 occupany or higher throughout the year. So, between the resort and the conference center certainly the demand is there. And we all know the hotels are great revenue generators (hopfully some of that money can go to improving DCA).

    Anyway, I was thinking a "south seas" tropical themed hotel would be great in the Simba lot. The hotel could be surrounded by a palm tree and brush lined berm to block as much of the "real world" out as possible. The palm tree berm would also blend in fairly well with the themes of the nearby PP and DL Hotel buildings. The hotel could have a luau, Ohana's restaurant and a highly themed volcano pool like the Polynesian hotel at WDW. I was thinking the hotel's room sizes and theming would be on the same level as the GCH. However, prices would be slightly lower then the GCH and closer to the prices of the DLH. The reason for this would be the distance from the park entrances.

    Some of the parking area of the Simba lot could remain for valet and surface parking (the portion adjacent to the DL Hotel towers). However, most of the parking for this hotel would be in underground garages built below the new hotel.

    One thing I think is important if/when a new hotel is built. That is it's very important NOT to build something like a hotel in the Timon Lot. The Timon lot needs to be reserved for DCA expansion!

    Ok, there you go. Discuss! ;-)
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  2. #2

    • is FIERCE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere Major
    Posts
    8,004
    Blog Entries
    4
    I agree that there would be a demand for another hotel, but I think the south seas themeing would be too close to paradise pier, plus PP had a tropical theme before DCA was built if I remember correctly. I would like to see something more "economy". I know PP is the most moderately priced, but it is still out of range for a lot of people. What about the hotel they just put in at WDW? It had a "decade" theme and I believe it is aimed at being a lower cost hotel (forgive me, I don't remember its exact name)

    Also, don't worry about DCA expansion- they started small for a reason and they have plenty of room to expand it!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.


  3. #3

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    Would rather see more hotels go on to the other various smaller lots that dot the area along Katella and Harbor that are owned by Disney. Would like to see as many of those tiny crumbling hotels that mooched on the Disney empire with there 1 dollar t-shirts get the boot. A lot of them are closed anyways so lets rejuvinate the surrounding area.







  4. #4

    • is FIERCE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere Major
    Posts
    8,004
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Would rather see more hotels go on to the other various smaller lots that dot the area along Katella and Harbor that are owned by Disney. Would like to see as many of those tiny crumbling hotels that mooched on the Disney empire with there 1 dollar t-shirts get the boot. A lot of them are closed anyways so lets rejuvinate the surrounding area.
    YES!!!!! I agree. I have stayed in MANY of those hotels and most of them are outstandingly crappy. A lot has been done to clean the area up, but a bulldozer on some of those rat traps wouldn't hurt!!!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.


  5. #5

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,873
    I agree

    if you look at my LA Expansion and 3rd gate preperation threads you'll notice I recommend Disney buy the hotels around it and transform them into Disney class hotels or demolish them and rebuild (Disney already demolished a few when the created the Timon lot if you check the aerial maps you'll see that much of Timon was formerly hotels)

    I've recommended a new luxery hotel built over that one hotel on the corner of the timon lot

    and then I've recommended that the east side become bigger budget hotels for familys and guests that don't have the $$$

  6. #6

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    What about the hotel they just put in at WDW? It had a "decade" theme and I believe it is aimed at being a lower cost hotel (forgive me, I don't remember its exact name)
    POP Century Resort Classic Years (finished) and POP Century Resort Legendary Years (not yet finished).

    I think a Grand Floridian type hotel would be great for Disneyland. Or the Asian Resort. I also like the BoardWalk's theme at WDW, but... Paradise Pier, so...

  7. #7

    • șoș Tom șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Carlsbad
    Posts
    3,600
    As I understand it Disney does own a lot of that immediate property, or chunks of it. My favorite comic book shop down Harbor was closed because apparently, Disney has a plan in the works to refurbish and expand a "Harbor/Pier" theme all the way from the park down to the 22 freeway about 3 miles south of there. I dunno much more than that the plan or timeline but it bummed me out that Mile High was basically knocked out-Tom







  8. #8

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    I have been thinking that there should be another DL Resort hotel. DL hotels runat %85 occupany or higher throughout the year. So, between the resort and the conference center certainly the demand is there. And we all know the hotels are great revenue generators (hopfully some of that money can go to improving DCA).

    Anyway, I was thinking a "south seas" tropical themed hotel would be great in the Simba lot. The hotel could be surrounded by a palm tree and brush lined berm to block as much of the "real world" out as possible. The palm tree berm would also blend in fairly well with the themes of the nearby PP and DL Hotel buildings. The hotel could have a luau, Ohana's restaurant and a highly themed volcano pool like the Polynesian hotel at WDW. I was thinking the hotel's room sizes and theming would be on the same level as the GCH. However, prices would be slightly lower then the GCH and closer to the prices of the DLH. The reason for this would be the distance from the park entrances.

    Some of the parking area of the Simba lot could remain for valet and surface parking (the portion adjacent to the DL Hotel towers). However, most of the parking for this hotel would be in underground garages built below the new hotel.

    One thing I think is important if/when a new hotel is built. That is it's very important NOT to build something like a hotel in the Timon Lot. The Timon lot needs to be reserved for DCA expansion!

    Ok, there you go. Discuss! ;-)
    How much you wanna bet that there wouldn't be a monorail stop?
    Disneyland allows me to escape the everyday stresses and routines of a Southern Californian resident.

    California Adventure brings me right back to the place I was trying to avoid in the first place.

  9. #9

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    20
    When I went to Disney World in FLorida last year, we stayed at the All-Star Movies Resort (part of Disney's All-Star economy resorts). I immiedately told my friend, "Disneyland needs a hotel like this!" It only cost us $79.00 per night and had LOADS of atmosphere. Huge oversized Disney figures, two huge themed pools, beautiful themed walkways, shops and a great food court. The rooms were basic and a little small, but very comfortable. Most of the "hotel" rooms on Harbor and Katella cost about this much or more and the quality of the rooms falls far short of the All-Stars.

    Disneyland already has luxury over priced hotels. I think a well-themed economy hotel would do wonderfully well in Anaheim.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    552
    I agree that Disney needs to build another resort hotel as the DL hotel, Paradise Pier and Grand Californian are always booked solid...I think a tropical theme/Polynesian theme hotel with a huge pool and waterfalls and a small water park would be great.

  11. #11

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077
    I don't like pop century and the all-star. I'd rather go on price line and get a hyatt/hilton hotel for cheap. I want Disney hotels to have TONS of atmosphere. Not oversized props. DL and PP Hotels are already too minimally themed. A new DL Hotel nneds SUPER theming.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  12. #12

    • .......MORE COWBELL
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    23
    I know how about a California themed hotel with palm trees, surf boards and a Tortilla Factory.!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #13

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Burbank,Ca
    Posts
    30
    well gee, walt when do you plan on building this? or did you just run a computer through the cryogenic chamber to walt's head?

  14. #14

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077
    Hotel rooms inside DCA Darthokeefe?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,069
    Well, rather than redoing hotels, I'd rather see Disney acquire the hotels, keep them as-is for the time being, and work on sort of "reverse Imagineering" Anaheim into the kind of resort Orlando has. Don't start redoing the hotels until, like GCH, they can support the theme of the park next door. For instance, if they went with the WestCOT/Imaginations concept, the park itself can be surrounded by Port Orleans Riverside-sized buildings, themed to the continents represented in the park. Then continue the theme with somewhat taller hotels on the perimeter. A functional berm, which also provides excellent fireworks viewing opportunities for parkside rooms.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

    "There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

    "A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

    -- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Which is the best Polynesian Resort building?
    By tmatuc in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
  2. Grand California Resort New building start
    By akfandisney in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 01:18 PM
  3. Disney Resort With the Best Aquatic Themed Rides?
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 08:13 AM
  4. Grand California Resort New building
    By akfandisney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 02:16 PM
  5. Disneyland Resort Line wins Green Building Award
    By Loomis in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 01:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •