Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: IASW Knock-off in China (Creepy!)

Quote Originally Posted by BRodgers View Post
    Umm, isn't this illegal in some way?
    Not in China, it isn't. Maybe this will change when Shanghai Disneyland opens and if Shanghai Shendi Group sues, but in general unless Chinese interests are being harmed, getting their government to do something about it would be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by BRodgers View Post
    Mainly the fact that they are using the IASW music?
    What, haven't you ever heard of the great Chinese songwriting duo, the Xerman Brothers?

The Chinese probably think Disney stole this from them.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think its kinda funny....its not better but i am impressed at how similar it does look almost like they stole the sets from Disney them selves

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I think its kinda funny....its not better but i am impressed at how similar it does look almost like they stole the sets from Disney them selves
    I'm sure they watch a lot of videos.
    Some of the "set" work is pretty good though.
    Dolls are creepy
    and the presentation (show) isn't great though.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    Not in China, it isn't. Maybe this will change when Shanghai Disneyland opens and if Shanghai Shendi Group sues, but in general unless Chinese interests are being harmed, getting their government to do something about it would be futile.

What, haven't you ever heard of the great Chinese songwriting duo, the Xerman Brothers?
    You forgot about Hong Kong Disneyland, who may join the suit. You can see one of the hitchhiking ghosts at 7:30 in the first video.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I got through 3 minutes of that first video and was laughing at Robb's commentary. But honestly, the music sounded like a broken, off key record, the dolls were insanely horrifying, parts of the ride were completely darkened and non moving and goodness those carnival flashing lights! It reminded me of that scene in Willy Wonka (with Johnny Depp) with the creepy singing dolls and they catch on fire and start melting. Oh the horror. Must.forget.now.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Shubisha

If they hadn't added the same lyrics and just kept similar but slightly different music and lyrics, I would've been eager to hear the explanation from the park's owner, similar to that other chinese knockoff park where the guy tried to say "no no it's not a mouse it's actually a cat". But the lyrics just kinda kill that :/

• Koubu Pilot

After having seen a few of these Chinese IASW knock offs on You Tube, the only thing I think might be scarier than the dolls' movements is what could happen if you touch the water.

• Insomniac

What theme park is this located in, Infringementland? I thought I saw Chip from Beauty and the Beast, too. It's almost as creepy and "bizarro" as Nara Dreamland.

Oh, and here's an even creepier IASW knock-off in some ways, if that's possible:

Joyland Chinese Knock Off It's a Small World Dark Ride Boat Ride POV Jin Jiang Action Park China - YouTube

Check out what's at 6:27 in the video. It's a world of tears and a world of fears, alright....
    Hahahaha wow! It's never a good thing to see a hanging baby anywhere much less on a child's ride!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Mr. IncrediBall

First off.... Ummm Wow.
    Second. I'm glad that at the end of the second ride the little girl said she she wanted to go again cause I would fear for her of having years of nightmares, random day images of horror and of course years of psychiatric help to overcome such trauma.
    But really... bad lighting, horribly redone music and random misplaced character dolls (ie. TMNT, hanging baby, etc...) why would you spend your time and money here??
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    The Chinese probably think Disney stole this from them.
    This is like those old "In Russia..." jokes, isn't it? In China, original artist steal from plagiarist!

Quote Originally Posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
    You forgot about Hong Kong Disneyland, who may join the suit.
    HKDL did cross my mind, but Hong Kong apparently hasn't done anything (as far as I know), they're in a "Special Economic Zone" and I'm not sure what legal impact this may have, and Disney certainly can't do anything about it on their own, as the Chinese government generally only protects Chinese interests, not foreign ones unless there is a mutual interest with a Chinese partner (and the partner sues).

Not to pick on China unduly, though, as it is difficult to protect intellectual property rights in much of the world, even in Japan, surprisingly enough. Nara Dreamland, an obvious and shameless rip-off of Disneyland in Anaheim, operated for 45 years between 1961 and 2006, most of that time after Tokyo Disneyland opened (in 1983). Although it was a wreck by the end, in its heyday Dreamland used to look and be a lot more like the real Disneyland, which was used more like a direct template than merely an inspiration. The main train station at its entrance is nearly identical in appearance to Disneyland's (even today), and its castle is architecturally very much like Disneyland's (minus the fancy paint job)--both icons are instantly recognizable to anybody who has been to Disneyland, which makes this abandoned theme park even creepier than it already would be. But, you ask, did it have a big mountain with a roller coaster inside, a gondola lift that passes right through it, a submarine ride near the mountain, and a monorail station over the submarine loading area? Yep, it had all of those things together at one point (albeit with an ugly mountain), and much more in addition:

Nara Dreamland vs Disneyland

Was Disney happy about this? Nope. Did it matter? Nope again. Don't like this state of affairs? Well, tough--it's not your country! It's wrong, but that's just how it is, at least for now.
    Last edited by Robert Cook; 04-08-2012 at 05:02 PM.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

wow

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 04:43 PM ----------

Like the elephant in Tarzan said: "Is this water sanitary?" (was the mold and bacteria on stuff?)
    And is that what Small World would look like if it had a Halloween Overlay?
    What was funny is:
    The whole ride was creepy (and a bit scary)
    then at the end it's all happy and the "children" are singing.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    wow
    You said it! How creepy is it to know that a park that was once a near-clone of Disneyland, that opened only 6 years later and operated for 45 years, is just sitting out there now, abandoned and unloved? Although Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland have obviously fared much better, they will likely suffer a similar fate as Nara Dreamland's someday, sort of giving us a glimpse of the future.

And is that what Small World would look like if it had a Halloween Overlay?
    And a Space Mountain overlay in that first scene.

What was funny is:
    The whole ride was creepy (and a bit scary)
    then at the end it's all happy and the "children" are singing.
    It's not unlike Snow White's Scary Adventures in this way, sort of. The singing children must be relieved that you made it all the way through without getting hanged.

Can I just say I incredibly admire Robb Alvey's determination to capture all these horrid and yet fascinating Disney knock-offs.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by robert cook View Post
    the singing children must be relieved that you made it all the way through without getting hanged.
    lol

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 10:36 PM ----------

I'm impressed that his daughter doesn't have nightmares
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 04-09-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast