• Minion

Wreck-it-Ralph in Toon Town?

Would this match make sense(if there's space).a video game character in a land with toons seems ok.Im not saying I want a ride based on it,the movie hasn't even came out yet, I just want to see if other people agree/disagree.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Wreck-it-Ralph in Toon Town?

Wreck-it-WHO?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

It's a new film from WDAS coming out this year:
    Wreck-It Ralph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Insomniac

Doesn't sound like it would fit very well since Toon Town lives on the basis that cartoons are real living breathing beings. Wreck-it-Ralf seems more of a computer character than a out in the real world character.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I think it makes sense....and would be nice for SOMETHING new in Toontown after all these years of nothing

even if Toontown does need improvement I don't think its lack of characters that is hurting Toontown in any way and it certainly doesn't need MORE or new characters :P

Toontown and Rogger Rabbit are both homages to more classic hand drawn animation toons of the past. I mean I might argue homages to classic Toons like Animaniacs or Tiny Toons might fit in as well but those are obviously non Disney. House of Mouse is very Toontown esque but taht wasn't about new content either just the same kinda vibe really.

What Toontown needs is just a revitalization of ideas kinda like that addition that Tokyo's receiving now.

I can also see why Disney isn't itching to boost Toontown when it opens later and closes sooner then quite a bit of the park. That said I'd bet a copy of or similar idea tot he Goofy thing would get some lines and amusement in Toontown. Just need to figure out new kinds of interactive games and ideas. Maybe mix in a smaller version of that Kim Possible game thing they had at Epcot? Youknow since Toontown is already built on effects and things being built into certain areas why not layer on a few new things in alcoves of areas that are currently more closed down and make it a scavenger hunt deal that your phone scanner can activate.

Actually there's an idea right there, why doesn't Disney sell some augmented reality aps that only work in Toontown?
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• I'm wishing

I'm not sure how it would really fit in, but it's definitely an old school looking "cartoon" type of character...could be fun.

On a side note, when I first heard about Wreck it Ralph, I wasn't terribly interested (it sounded like a boy's film), but after seeing previews and hearing about it more at D23, I'm really excited for this film!! It really looks like it has heart.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    but after seeing previews
    Haven't seen a preview yet
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^just the fact that there of rumors of a Big Daddy from Bio shock may make a cameo makes me feel like any person who is interest in video games will love the film just from the amount of references in the game.....like others have said before its kinda like the Roger Rabbit films but for Video Games

• Minion

That's silly. Now Wreck-It Ralph and Tron as part of a revitalized Starcade...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    That's silly. Now Wreck-It Ralph and Tron as part of a revitalized Starcade...
    Flynn's Arcade? Wishful thinking, I know, but there has to be a reason the second floor of the Starcade is closed, right?

• Minion

Toontown needs help, but I don't think it needs new characters. It certainly could use some more shade. What Toontown really needs is to rehab what it has. For example, Goofy's house, no longer a bounce house, just a shell to look at. Same thing with Donald's boat--no net to climb, just an inexplicable hole in the ceiling. There's nothing to do in these buildings. Let's put something in there! Oh, and the slide too. I actually think Toontown is visually crowded but feels like it has little substance, particularly the former substance they've removed. I'd rather see them put some real thought into working with what they have than just adding something new.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Toontown needs help, but I don't think it needs new characters. It certainly could use some more shade. What Toontown really needs is to rehab what it has. For example, Goofy's house, no longer a bounce house, just a shell to look at. Same thing with Donald's boat--no net to climb, just an inexplicable hole in the ceiling. There's nothing to do in these buildings. Let's put something in there! Oh, and the slide too. I actually think Toontown is visually crowded but feels like it has little substance, particularly the former substance they've removed. I'd rather see them put some real thought into working with what they have than just adding something new.
    agreed
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Bingo! I spent a few hours just walking around toon town last trip and I forgot how run down it was! The boat has none of the interactive elements I remember. The tree house is a boring walk through with nothing to look at. Worst of all is Goofy's which I really have no idea what purpose it serves now. With all the interactive rides and games that Disney keeps putting in the other parks (TSMM, monsters inc ride in Tokyo (I think), ect), why can't they put some more interactive elements in the one area of the park originally designed to be 100% hands on? It doesn't even need to be a ride. Add some new effects here, a new game there, a new prop or two and toon town will be up to where it was when it opened.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862