Using Disney Rewards/Premier Visa Card at Disneyland

I'm thinking about getting one of those Disney Visa cards because of all the reward dollars you can earn (plus they want to give me a $300 disney gift card to sign up). I also noticed you get discounts on certain stuff in Disneyland if you use the card to purchase. I am however already an Premium AP holder... Do I get to combine the Disney Visa discounts and the AP discounts or do you have to choose between using one or the other?

Also it says you get private meet & greets with the characters at DL if you have one... Does anyone have one that has experienced this?
    I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

Re: Using Disney Rewards/Premier Visa Card at Disneyland

The discount is one or the other, and the Premium discount is already higher than the Visa. The meet & Greet is either Chip & Dale or Pluto, depending on what time you go. It's 30 minutes after park opening for 90 minutes currently. I'm hoping that changes then the park starts opening at 8am instead of 10am since I'm not a morning person. It's located at the current End of Line club beside Monsters INC at California Adventure. Most days you're in and out in less than 5 minutes, though sometimes there are lines and it can take 10-20 minutes to get your photo. It's cool enough, and I do it every day when I go out to Disneyland. A fun thing to take home from the day.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by lnsemsf View Post
    ...It's located at the current End of Line club beside Monsters INC at California Adventure. Most days you're in and out in less than 5 minutes, though sometimes there are lines and it can take 10-20 minutes to get your photo...
    Yep. Chip and Dale were the characters to meet when we went.

I also really appreciated the half off stroller rentals for Disney Visa holders (although it used to be a free stroller rental for each card holder, so we could get two free each day... )

It's Pluto from 10:30-11, Chip and Dale from 11-11:30, and Pluto again from 11:30-Noon. All times are approximate, and of course it's not guaranteed who you'll meet. Sometimes, if one of the 3 is feeling a little under the weather, you may get a supprise when you walk in. Only happened to me once, but it was nice to have a photo with Stitch to mix with the 30+ I have with the other guys.

If you're interested about the same oppertunity in Florida it's at Epcot it's from 1-4:30 daily and you get a mix of Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy. Most I've had was 3 of them at one time, and Mickey has always been in it. Of course with Epcot being a bit more attended, the line there can stretch 20-45 minutes. You almost never get the walk in, walk out you get at DCA.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

• Done with MC.

I can tell you this much about the card.. Where ever you use it people will comment!

Just make sure you pay it off every month or this will be a very expensive card.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Get the card for the perks...

But don't use it. Other rewards programs are better and more flexible. Just get the card to have access to the perks like the in park M&G and vacation financing.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I have one and have used it on the rare occasion I didn't have an annual pass. The bonus Disney Dollars I saved for two years were used - quite quickly - when we went to WDW. The $300 sign-on bonus is pretty nice.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Too funny! A few days ago I almost signed up for the Disney Premier card, but I'm still firmly in the "thinking it over" stage. The perks seem nice, but as others have wisely pointed out, there are better cards without an annual fee or high a.p.r. AND APs get a discount at the parks anyway.

The 'similar threads' section at the bottom of the page shows a helpful thread on the same topic: Using your Disney Rewards Card at Disneyland

$300 bonus to sign up? Where did you see that????