• Team Hail HYDRA

Lightbulb What is next????

With cars land almost done and DCA is done with phase I what is next ???
    Phase II of DCA ??
    Tommarowland remodel ??????
    new rides in Fronterland????

You tell me what is next at The Disneyland Resort!!!!

• Banned User

Re: What is next????

I would hope to see a new E-Ticket replace the Millionaire building and fix the facade of the giant theater and Monsters Inc. I can't imagine they would want to spend a whole lot of $$$$ after the recent redo.

• Banned User

I would love to see the Indy cars go away at Tomorrowland and be replaced with an awesome E-ticket ride based on time traveling.

• Insomniac

^^There is enough room for Tomorrowland expansion Without taking out a beloved classic attraction. I'd rather they repurpose the Innoventions building (stark expo from what I've heard), repurpose the people mover tracks, demolish the rocks at the entrance and move the AO back where it belongs.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

They are going to add two loops to Disneyland, one will be for the Horse Drawn Carriages and the other will be for the Tram ride out of the park!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, to my way of thinkin', the People Mover needs to be reopenned at Disneyland...and expanded
    greatly into other areas at Walt Disney World. This thing was in Walt's original plan for a Progress City for a reason. And, the truth is, whenever I head into Tomorrowland at Walt Disney World I head for the People Mover...cause it's long, enjoyable, fast, and downright relaxin'...

Now, I've also got a memory of Marc Davis's Western River Expedition...a boat ride, much like Pirates of the Caribbean, through the Ol' West. It's long, long overdue at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
    Shoulda been built years and years ago...

Crowds have long been a problem at Disneyland...just too darned many people love the place I suppose...and I sometimes wonder if there might need to be some other way of gettin' into and out of
    the park. What's that? You say there's only one way? Well, no...remember the Monorail...my gosh that thing will take ya smack dab into the heart of Tomorrowland...or back out to Downtown Disney. Maybe
    the time has come to build a people mover like that too...anything to reduce the crowds some on Main
    Street U.S.A. especially at closin' time...

Then...either at Disneyland or California Adventure there needs to be an expanded museum dedicated to the memory of Walt Disney...much like "One Man's Dream" at Walt Disney World...and the Disney Family Museum up thar in San Francisco. As much as this might belong in Disneyland itself...maybe it would help give Disney's California Adventure the "heart" it has been lookin' for. And, don't get me wrong here, I'm surely not sayin' it should replace either of those other two...if anything it should promote them
    to folks who may not know about them. Synergy I believe it's called...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan

• Minion

They surf the success of DCA II and add nothing until attendance drops again, which probably won't be for quite a long time.

^Hey TylerDurden, that is a good reason, but I was wondering, I thought Disneyland always released something new each year to keep people renewing their AP's? For now are they just going to see the success of DCA II for a few years?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    They surf the success of DCA II and add nothing until attendance drops again, which probably won't be for quite a long time.
    Absolutely not. Tomorrowland (or at a part of it) is next.

• Monorail Junkie

I would like to see a ride based on ODV carts.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I love the ideas even the ODV The Ride I really love TL and it needed a make over
    they can put The Land in part of the space behind SM and ST:TAC then the queue could be in starcade
    Something NEW in inonventions
    they can move the dream house and make it more like the one at EPCOT and add more stuff from Epcot to here in R2P2
    Circle vision in buzz
    people mover
    AO back were in goes
    new show in magic eye theater
    redou atupia queue and make the cars electric also cut back on the parts in fantasyland so they can add more like the fantasyland forest at MK

Any thoughts?? :-)

• Non-Minion

I agree about Tomorrowland, even though ST:TAC and Captain EO kind of revitalized the area it still seems sad...and BOTTLENECKED! If you don't do anything else PLEASE destroy the giant french fries and AO (making sure to put it back on top the PM) to open the entrance back up. Innoventions is just a sad, sagging, shell of what a good themed show used to be. Bring back the People Mover already! and yes I want the cheesy 70's era disco music with it!!

I think one of the reasons TL has always struggled is because it has become nearly impossible to successfully keep up with technology these days. I would scrap the idea of "hey, we can keep up with technology" and move back towards a retro 50's view of how we used to think the future was going to be.

or if you want to include "futuristic" material you have a few movies to draw from, bring in influences from both TRON movies? maybe WALL.E? Just an idea
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"