Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Now That DCA's Phase 1 is almost complete what do u think Phase 2 could contain?

Soarin Around the World should be phase 2
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• ---------------

Re: Now That DCA's Phase 1 is almost complete what do u think Phase 2 could contain?

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    whatever happened to this?
    Rumor of a new film
    then
    Supposedly a new film was in progress.
    Now I haven't heard anything about it at all.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Under that tree again!

The omnipresent rumor since word got out a Soarin clone was going to Epcot.

Walt Disney Imagineering is probably going to focus on the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris (which really needs a big placemaking and a lot of imagineers) and on Shangai Disney Resort.

• Banned User

Phase 2 should be a completely new land in the undeveloped area next to Cars Land and behind the Tower of Terror. It should include the Hollywood Land re-theming. Not sure what it should be, but it should take advantage of the desert theming from Cars Land and take on the Hollywood theming next door... Palm Springs. Or something along the lines of Death Valley with an Area 51 alien theming in an underground lair.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    whatever happened to this?
    Rumor of a new film
    then
    Supposedly a new film was in progress.
    Now I haven't heard anything about it at all.
    Well...I think the rumor came before Disney announced phase one.....after that they focused on talking about WOC, Carsland etc....I think Disney felt no reason to talk about a new ride that would not see the light of day for ten years...which makes sense...

I think that if there was no phase one..Soarins new film would be playing now or closer to being added but they don't see a reason with two new lands opening and WOC being charged every few moths a reason to change one of there best rides in the park

• -

Quote Originally Posted by PressPersily View Post
    I like these two queues being plain because it makes them feel more like a boardwalk attraction like Paradise Pier is supposed to be full of.
    Exactly. And honestly, if King Arthur doesn’t need an enclosed queue, why does Triton? At least with Triton, there are views of Paradise Bay and Screamin’ going by overhead. King Arthur really only has views of the crowds in a tightly packed in Fantasyland.

I could see this film going into Epcot, but not CA Adventure. If they are going to update Soarin’ Over California, I would hope it would be with new footage from California, which after all is the theme for the park. Showing other areas of the world would really be out of place there.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Phase 2 should be a completely new land in the undeveloped area next to Cars Land and behind the Tower of Terror. It should include the Hollywood Land re-theming. Not sure what it should be, but it should take advantage of the desert theming from Cars Land and take on the Hollywood theming next door... Palm Springs. Or something along the lines of Death Valley
    Catalina would be cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    with an Area 51 alien theming in an underground lair.
    Area 51 is located in Nevada, not California, otherwise that would be a cool idea.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

the very bad stores on paradise peir!!!!!!!!
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME ºoº
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Minion

Return of the Country Bears to Grizzly Mountain area
    Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey as park mascots
    Olveira Street like marketplace with Three Caballeros boat ride and Zorro stunt show
    San Francisco shopping and dining area with cable car and Herbie ride
    Brown Derby hat building
    Coconut Grove or Don the Beachcomber
    Walt's Hyperion Studios with Mickey/Symphonies sign
    Finished Hyperion Theatre
    Aladdin virtual magic carpet ride in Arabian-themed pier building (replacing Goofy ride?)
    Lose the Condor Flats sign
    Change out Muppets for Mickey PhilHarMagic
    Walt's offices and Walt Disney Archives Museum plus Disney classics screening room

• Sock Puppet

i always thought the phase 1 of DCA was it being built..AND phase 2 is the remodel..

and no i don't think the park should contain any of that, just what it has now. its perfect

• curiouser and curiouser

I read a long time ago about a rumor that they might incorporate a dark ride in the Grizzly Peak mountain. Maybe they decided that it wouldn't be possible to dig out the area and still keep the Grizzly River Run track intact, but that is something that I personally would love to see. The area is so pretty that I feel that a simple rapids ride without a story line just doesn't do it justice.
    Something slow like Nature's Wonderland or the Calico Mine Ride at Knott's would be awesome.

The whole Grizzly Peak area is a pretty large section of the park, and it's only dedicated to one ride, that first of all has a height restriction, and second, also requires that you enjoy some fair amount of spinning and getting wet. I really think it would be fantastic if they could put something in there that everyone could enjoy

Although I admit that Hollywood back lot and Knott's Boardwalk... I mean "Paradise Pier" are in more need of attention as it is right now.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think we could see a new ride replacing Monsters Inc./Hollywood and Dine, maybe a Great Movie Ride of sorts?

I also see them retheming the Carousel and Screamin', replacing the Redwood Creek Trail Challenge with a ride, maybe the E-Ticket to replace Goofy's Sky Skool and that area? I'm fine with them moving the Carousel or Jumpin' Jellyfish to the empty California Screamin' helixes.

I'm also in favor of a new show to replace Aladdin in addition to a remodel of the Hyperion Theatre facades. Maybe we will get the new Animation Building and Hollywood Backlot facades?

Also, how about they retheme Condor Flats to become part of Grizzly Valley and beautify the El Camino Real? And how about they remove the dated posters on Paradise Pier's western side?
    Last edited by MTdizzle94; 04-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12