Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to Disneyland Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    I missed you last time. I sooo wanted to meet you. Maybe this time I'll get the chance to do it right. Hope you're still enjoying your Disney music, especially the MSEP soundtrack.
    Perhaps if you send me a PM when it gets closer to my trip. If by chance you are planning a visit that coincides with mine we can make arrangements to meet up.

The Electrical Parade makes me think of you. Too bad it's 1/2 the way across the country in Florida.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Disney friends are #1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

The Electrical Parade makes me think of you. Too bad it's 1/2 the way across the country in Florida.
    Thanks for the sentiment. Funny, I think of you too when I hear that music. I subscribed to this thread so I'll keep abreast of your impending trip. I visit the park about once a week and it should be a wonderful happenstance to arrange a rendezvous with you. If it's possible, I'll make it happen.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

Upon waking up this morning, and turning on my computer, the very first thing that I did was to check the next day opening up on the Disneyland calendar. That date represents the first day of my vacation. I was thrilled when I saw that a full calendar of events will be happening that night. I will be able to view fireworks on the first night of my trip. They are scheduled, and unless they are cancelled for weather reasons, I should be able to see Dumbo fly on my very first night. I am so excited.

• Nor Cal AP'er

Sounds awesome,I'm excited too see Magical as well. I haven't seen that show so I cant wait.Ill be at the parks 27th-29th as well. Im glad they'll be 2 showings of F! and WOC daily. I gotta make this trip count since I may not be coming back later since my schedule has changed dramatically!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

6 weeks from now I will be at Disneyland. I see that on that day, as well as others they will be running the new Soundsational Parade, more than once a day. The last time I visited Disneyland, They wern't running a parade, or if they were, I missed it. That was back in January of 2010. Parades are fun to watch. I like to view them in Town Square. Perhaps this time, I will pick a different location.

How long, time wise is the Soundsational Parade, and what is everyone's favorite spot to watch it?

• Sock Puppet

i am 7 hours away from being at DLR! LOL

• Disney friends are #1

How long, time wise is the Soundsational Parade, and what is everyone's favorite spot to watch it?
    Soundsational runs about 20 minutes. I too usually watch the parade from Town Square. I usually sit on the inside of the "loop" behind, and to the left of the popcorn cart that's across from City Hall. There is a knee high fence to sit on (at least util the parade starts) that faces the train station and there are speakers overhead. Across the street, to the right side of the train station entrance is a sub-woofer in the foliage for that added "thump". The acqustics of this little spot are amazing. You get a long look as the parade (during it's second performance of the day) as it comes down that straight-a-way in front of the train station, and this viewing section is typically less crowded than almost any other stretch along the parade route. Plus, the parade starts on time at this spot, rather than waiting for it to meander it's way to a location further down the parade route. By the way, I love this parade!
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Soundsational runs about 20 minutes. I too usually watch the parade from Town Square. I usually sit on the inside of the "loop" behind, and to the left of the popcorn cart that's across from City Hall. There is a knee high fence to sit on (at least util the parade starts) that faces the train station and there are speakers overhead. Across the street, to the right side of the train station entrance is a sub-woofer in the foliage for that added "thump". The acqustics of this little spot are amazing. You get a long look as the parade (during it's second performance of the day) as it comes down that straight-a-way in front of the train station, and this viewing section is typically less crowded than almost any other stretch along the parade route. Plus, the parade starts on time at this spot, rather than waiting for it to meander it's way to a location further down the parade route. By the way, I love this parade!
    Thanks for the feedback.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Wednesday and Thursday hours for the days that I am at Disneyland are from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. That's really going to give me a lot of quality time to do everything that I am hoping to do.

I do like, what I like to call "Sit Down" activities. The Golden Horseshoe has both Bill Hill & the Hillbillies, and The Laughing Stock. I am familiar with the former, and have never seen the later. I must catch both of these shows during their afternoon performances.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I ordered my ART pass on Monday, and it arrived in the mail today. That's pretty good service. I have used the ART buses before, and I find them very satisfactory. They also send me one of their maps, which has all the information that one needs when using the system.

I pinch myself when I realize that very shortly I will be enjoying a Disneyland vacation. I don't necessarily enjoy the airline travel, but I make the best of that because I know that the sunny state of California is on the other end.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I really find it interesting that the Friday of my trip, June 1st is void of any nightly entertainment. No Fantasmic. No Magical. No Parades. Nothing. They show WOC for DCA, but nothing for Disneyland. It's a Friday. I assumed it would have a full schedule of events. Nothing is showing up. Maybe it will show up at a future time. I find it hard to believe that nothing is scheduled at Disneyland for that day. I'll keep checking until I leave for my trip. I usually then print out the daily stuff, so I will have it handy when I head out to the parks.

I believe that June first is a Grad Night as well. The park hours for that day are 8 a.m. until 11 p.m.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I really find it interesting that the Friday of my trip, June 1st is void of any nightly entertainment. No Fantasmic. No Magical. No Parades. Nothing. They show WOC for DCA, but nothing for Disneyland. It's a Friday. I assumed it would have a full schedule of events. Nothing is showing up. Maybe it will show up at a future time. I find it hard to believe that nothing is scheduled at Disneyland for that day. I'll keep checking until I leave for my trip. I usually then print out the daily stuff, so I will have it handy when I head out to the parks.

I believe that June first is a Grad Night as well. The park hours for that day are 8 a.m. until 11 p.m.
    I guess it's pretty silly quoting myself. However, I rechecked the Disneyland calendar for June the first. Today they did add parade and fireworks, and Fantasmic information to the daily calendar of events for this Friday. It's nice to know that I can end my vacation on such a high note.

• sleepy lagoon

Barb!

Pm me and let me know when you want to meet up.... My girls have a dance comp Memorial Day weekend at the DL Hotel and we will be around that whole week.

Excited for you!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Disney's PhotoPass at Disneyland - photographer locations, maps, discounts, specials, coupon code, free photo for Disney Visa, tips, characters, products, prices, and contact information

Let's talk Photo Pass.

I wasn't able to find any information on the Disneyland Official website. I did however, google the words Disneyland Photo Pass, and I found the above information. There's a lot there.

I always travel with a lot of memory cards, and batteries for my camera. I don't want to miss out on all the Photo opportunities that I can squeeze in during a vacation. Even a vacation as short as 4 days. I hand off my camera to the Photo Pass photographer, as well as loading as many as I can unto one of their Photo Pass cards. I almost always purchase the Photo CD before I leave the park, for my journey back home. I'm not interested in fancy borders, like some are. In order to do those, I'd have to go online after my trip.

I think that I might have enough money on my Disney Reward's card to order a PhotoCD. Speaking of, I need to order my Reward's card so I get it before my vacation. If not, I'll have to continue to save up for a future trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am on the hunt for travelsize everything. Things that I can pack that are just the right size, so that I don't over pack the suitcase. When one travels alone, one wants to keep it simple, and lite. After all, I am the only one that will be carrying this stuff. My husband says, just buy it there, but that's not always possible, and definitely more expensive.

It's right about now that I make a few lists, and move the suitcase to a spot in the closet where it's easier to get to.

I have broken in a new pair of walking shoes, so that part is all taken care of. I always pack two pairs of socks for each day, because I do need to change socks mid-day. My feet always thank me for that move.

I have decided against loading my Disney Rewards on a card, since I really don't have that much saved at this point in time.

My actual packing will probably take place a week out. By that time I will have an idea about the weather. I am hoping it will be nice and warm and of course sunny. Looking forward to bringing along my nice new Hoodie that I found at the Disney Store in the Dells. Imagine, better shopping in Wisconsin on Disneyland merchandise than in Disneyland itself. I never shop much anyway, due to the "having to carry it home factor", and "How's it going to fit in the suitcase?"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast