Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to Disneyland Thread

The older that I get, the more I begin to wonder if my next trip to Disneyland just might be my last. Now I don't want to sound morbid, but I am approaching the ripe old age of 65 on my next birthday. Money is tight, and I get more and more concerned about traveling alone. Even though I don't mind doing things alone at all. I have always been a loner by choice.

So, I am really looking forward to squeezing as much fun out of this next vacation as I possibly can. My late brother had a philosophy about living each day as if it was your last. Spending time with people and telling them exactly how you feel because it may be the last time that you see them. My brother died way too young in 1994, at the age of 48.

Now I might live to be 100, but I don't know that for sure. I do leave the park on my very last day with the thought in my head that I will return. I never glance back. I just leave with the visions of all the goodness of the place in my heart, and on my camera's memory card.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Yo! Barb'ra Ann, ducklin'! Why ain't ya never been ta visit us in Morva? I ain't got nothin' agin' yer goin' ta Dizzyland er Walt Dizzy Whirl, ya understand. (Been ta both places myself.) But I just don't git why ya never comes ta Morva! Afraid yer broomstick won't make it all the way?

ORWEN: More than likely she stays away because she knows YOU"RE gonna' be there, old biddy! I know I would--if I had any choice in the matter.

ORDDU: In any case. we do hope you have a wonderful time during your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth, dear. We'll be waiting to read your trip report after you get back home. Many hugs!!!
    You witchies are simply Movalous! It would be quite fun to visit Morva.

---------- Post added 05-02-2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The older that I get, the more I begin to wonder if my next trip to Disneyland just might be my last. Now I don't want to sound morbid, but I am approaching the ripe old age of 65 on my next birthday. Money is tight, and I get more and more concerned about traveling alone. Even though I don't mind doing things alone at all. I have always been a loner by choice.

So, I am really looking forward to squeezing as much fun out of this next vacation as I possibly can. My late brother had a philosophy about living each day as if it was your last. Spending time with people and telling them exactly how you feel because it may be the last time that you see them. My brother died way too young in 1994, at the age of 48.

Now I might live to be 100, but I don't know that for sure. I do leave the park on my very last day with the thought in my head that I will return. I never glance back. I just leave with the visions of all the goodness of the place in my heart, and on my camera's memory card.
    I hope you have a blast at D-land this trip. I want to see pics of you enjoying all of the new and exciting things!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Disney friends are #1

Hey, I'M 48! At least that's my age "outside the berm". Once I'm inside, I'm a solid 11.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I wish that I was in better shape for my age. I know that I find it difficult to last an entire day in the themepark without resting somewhere along the way. Chances are if I sat down on a bench, I might take an unexpected nap. It appears that the park has some long hours on the days that I will be there. That means that I really do need to make a point of going back to the hotel for a nap, or at least a rest period. I might even soak in the hot tub, or sit in the hotel pool. I hope the weather will accomodate that.

I am looking forward to my 4 days, but I do need to be sensible about it. I have my walking shoes, and my ART pass, and my mind is set on not trying to be Super Woman.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I watched Cars, and the sequel the other day. They were being shown back to back on one of my U-verse channels. It made me think about how it is going to look at Carsland in DCA, even though I won't get to see it this trip. I guess what I will see will be a lot of Construction Walls.

I have this thing about Construction Walls. I really don't like having them in any of the photographs that I take. I guess that will probably be a real challenge. I am sure there will be plenty of new and wonderful things to photograph. I am sure that I can add to my collection of sign pictures, with all the new offerings springing up.

I will be enjoying the parks in just three week's time.

• Disney friends are #1

There are a few vantage points where you can see behind the walls. You will leave the parks with a renewed appetite for returning ASAP. I was walking through the parks Tuesday and I just can't get enough of seeing what's lying just beyond the construction walls. As someone who is detail oriented, I can only imagine some of the eye candy I'll find once the walls come tumbling down. I will do my best to meet you when you're here. I hope the events leading up to your trip, as well as the trip itself, are safe and fun beyond words.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's Noon Meet Marathon

I have started a Meet Thread. See exactly what I will be up to, each day at noon, on the four days of my vacation.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I haven't seen Murphy either. I didn't get to see him in December. If I get out there in June, I def need to catch him.
    marphey the dragon asmsemoe i seen him a a lot he relly big
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My vacation is just 8 days away. I am presently deciding just how I will get from the airport to my hotel. I think that I am going to treat myself to a taxi, rather than try and figure out a cheaper way. The cheaper way will definitely not be the fastest way, and I am arriving late at 5:32 p.m. That's late for me, since I have always had morning flights before.

Once I get settled into my hotel, I'm not really sure what I will feel like doing. I am sure Disneyland will "be calling my name", and I will want to head over there. Not to enter the park, but perhaps to take a lot of photographs. I only have a 4 day parkhopper, and the next day I will be doing Early Entry at 7 a.m.

I have lots to do before my flight takes off.

• Indiana Scott

Can't wait to see your daily noon-time reports!
    Remember Barbaraann, some of us are living vicariously through you

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Can't wait to see your daily noon-time reports!
    Remember Barbaraann, some of us are living vicariously through you
    I will take notes. That's for sure. It's definitely a given that I will be taking a lot of photographs. I certainly understand that it's a possibility that my noon time visits to The Hub might be solo endeavors. I will be pleasantly surprised if I get a few visitors. Not too many people can get away from their daily routines to spend a weekday at Disneyland. In the meantime, I will say hello to all my Disney pals immortalized there. Especially Pinocchio, and Jiminy.

• Seeker of Fun

Hope your trip is fun, restful, and creates fantastic memories!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Hope your trip is fun, restful, and creates fantastic memories!
    Thanks. I always have a whole lot of fun at Disneyland. I sure wish that I lived closer, so I could visit more often.

• Hooterville, USA

What airport are you taking a taxi from?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    What airport are you taking a taxi from?
    I am flying into John Wayne, and I am traveling solo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast