Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to Disneyland Thread

If I'm not babysitting, maybe I can swing by and come get you.

Let me do some checking and I'll PM you.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    If I'm not babysitting, maybe I can swing by and come get you.

Let me do some checking and I'll PM you.
    My plane is scheduled to land at 5:32 p.m. on Memorial Day Monday.

I am staying at Dolphin's Cove, which is at 435 Orangewood, just off Harbor Blvd.

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 06:11 PM ----------

Tomorrow I need to get over to the T-Mobile store and settle up my bill. I tried paying it online, and it did not go through. So, I need to take a walk to the corner and get things straight. I don't want to be without a phone on vacation.

My hotel is supposed to have wifi. I sure hope it does. It makes things nice to be able to keep up with things even when I am away from home.

• Hooterville, USA

Checked with the boss (wife) and she said it's a go!

Barbaraann, I love reading all your TR's and posts! Hope you have a great time at the parks

Dolphin's Cove is pretty nice. It's not a typical resort by any means - it used to be an apartment complex - but the rooms are nice and big. You're right, it's a short walk from the bus stop but not a bad walk at all. Enjoy!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Dolphin's Cove is pretty nice. It's not a typical resort by any means - it used to be an apartment complex - but the rooms are nice and big. You're right, it's a short walk from the bus stop but not a bad walk at all. Enjoy!
    I am staying here for the first time, so not sure whether I will try for a repeat visit. I see that MiceChat has announced their dates for a 10th Anniversary for Al Lutz's MiceAge. I believe this will coincide with MiceChat's own usual Anniversary celebration. I might be able to stay at Dolphin's Cove again at that time, but I need to check it out first, and this trip is my chance to do just that.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now that my vacation is just five days away, I have packed all the clothes in my carryon suitcase. I think that I did pretty well, and did not overpack. The suitcase is also not stuffed to the max. I probably could squeeze something cool in there, if I happy to find a great souvenir.

• Hooterville, USA

Just 3 days until you're here.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Monday can't come soon enough. Of course, it's 4 days before I actually get inside the parks, but I might head over to the esplanade on Monday night to take pictures, and soak up that great Disneyland atmosphere.

Now if the prices hadn't gone up so much on a parkhopper, I might have been tempted to upgrade my ticket by a day. Now that option would cost me dearly. I paid just $234 for my 4 day parkhopper.

---------- Post added 05-24-2012 at 11:17 AM ----------

Today is my day to just read as much as I can about what's new and fun to do at the parks. It's been almost a year and a half since I was there last. Not as long as some people, but long enough so that I don't want to miss something that might just be "my cup of tea".

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I see the weather forecast for Anaheim is predicting temperatures in the mid 70's all next week. How perfect is that? It's perfect for me, that's for sure. I have broken in my walking shoes. I am now packing my mini backpack. I always wear a hat when I am outside in the sun. It protects me from getting a headache. So I will spend today remembering all those things, and instantly tucking them into the suitcase, or the mini bag that I am carrying in the park.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

One more day.

What a nice sound that has. I am on my way to breakfast shortly, and most likely I will encounter this gentleman that I know who is always asking me about my up and coming trip. You see, he has a young son, and he is very excited to be taking him to Disneyland this coming Summer. His son just adores the Cars movies. I sure hope he is able to make the trip, and that they have a great time.

I have told him that I won't get to see any Cars stuff, but he will most likely ask me anyway upon my return.

I am almost all packed. Now it's just making sure that I don't forget anything, like the phone charger, and the park ticket. I keep tucking things in the bag as I remember them.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I need to make a list of all the things that wern't there the last time that I was there in January of 2011. If I carry that list with me to the park, I will be sure not to miss anything.

I am also on my way to the Food Thread to make a few notes. I saw so many yummy things to eat that I would like to order during my vacation.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is the first of my many Disneyland vacations, that I don't even have one reservation for a meal. I was tempted to call Rainforest Cafe, or Storytellers, but then I thought that I'd rather spend times in the park at opening. I guess I could have splurged on a meal for World of Color, but quite frankly, I think I'll save my money for next time.

Kathy, (that's my grandson's mom and my ride to the airport tomorrow) hinted at needing a new California t-shirt since her's is 6 year's old. I will keep my shopping to a minimum. I might look for a new watch, if I can find myself a nice Digital Mickey one. I like hats, so maybe if I can find a comfy one.

Shopping in Downtown Disney is a fun past time, and perhaps I can ride the monorail before or after doing that sometime during my trip.

• Hooterville, USA

Ok Barbara, when you see this van a rockin' You come a knockin'.
    Tomorrow at 5:38.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Ok Barbara, when you see this van a rockin' You come a knockin'.
    Tomorrow at 5:38.

Cool car. I love the color.

I sure appreciate your generosity in giving me a ride from John Wayne Airport. I have to laugh at how many times I walked past the statue of "The Duke", and never saw it. How can one miss it? It is so big, and it's right out front. Well my mom always said, that I wasn't very observant. I finally photographed it on my last trip, so I won't dawdle this time, I promise.

Surely, I won't miss your beautiful car, and I will be sure and dial your number as soon as the plane is safely on the ground.

Can't wait to be in Anaheim, where the weather is a whole lot cooler than the 95 degrees we had in Chicago today.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast