Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barbaraann's Countdown to Disneyland Thread

Well I am planning a short visit to Disneyland, and keeping with my past habits, I decided to post a countdown thread.

I am 43 days away from my trip.

I actually leave Chicago on Memorial Day Monday, but my flight is a late one, so I will not be entering either park on my first day. I will instead have 4 days to play in the parks, and I then return home on a Saturday, which means no Sunday Noon Meet for me this trip. This all came about due to the fact that I had some timeshare points that needed using. I will be staying at nearby Dolphin's Cove for the very first time. It is a Wyndham Resort. My husband and I bought into Wyndham when they built the marvelous Glacier Canyon Lodge in the Dells of Wisconsin.

I have been watching the Disneyland Calendar for the park hours for my specific dates. Those hours should be shown in the next few days. I will then be able to better plan my vacation. Although not too much planning. I'd like to make this vacation a "more spontaneous" one.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Barbaraann's Countdown to Disneyland Thread

With Memorial Day weekend kicking off summer (basically), I would think Disney park hours would be 8-12.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Since I am going to be there just on week days, I probably only have one opportunity to see both Magical, and Fantasmic. I can only hope that Magical doesn't have any technical difficulties, and I still have not see Murphy in Fantasmic.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Since I am going to be there just on week days, I probably only have one opportunity to see both Magical, and Fantasmic. I can only hope that Magical doesn't have any technical difficulties, and I still have not see Murphy in Fantasmic.
    I haven't seen Murphy either. I didn't get to see him in December. If I get out there in June, I def need to catch him.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My last vacation was in January of 2011, for MiceChat's Anniversary. Three nights in a row I saw Fantasmic, and each night, no Murphy. Maybe this time, I will finally be successful in seeing her.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Disneyland calendar shows that there is a full schedule of events scheduled for Memorial Day. Disneyland is open until midnight, and Magical is performing at 9:30 p.m. If I wasn't arriving at my hotel so late, I might have entertained a night at Disneyland. My plane doesn't land until 5:30. That's too much running around for this old body to do in order to see Dumbo fly for the first time. Fantasmic is being shown twice that evening. At 9 and 10:30.

I only bought a 4 day parkhopper. For 12 extra dollars, I believe that I could upgrade that to a 5 day parkhopper.

It's tempting, but I haven't learned the logistics yet exactly of getting from my hotel to the park. Speaking of, I need to order my ART pass. I guess, just in case, I will make it a 5 day pass. One never knows. The sights and sounds of Disneyland on a warm almost Summer night might tempt me to head off to the park on my first night. Maybe...

---------- Post added 04-16-2012 at 07:17 AM ----------

For $17, I purchased a 5 day ART pass. That's a small price to pay to know that I will always have a ride back to my hotel at night. My hotel is not one of the most popular places to stay, but I do know that the ART routes/stops get me pretty close to the door. I probably have a short walk after I disembark from the bus.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I wish I was going to be able to come down to see you while you are there Barbara!! You'll be getting there just as I'm getting back from my trip to Nor Cal. Temping to take a day but after taking 2 and a half weeks off work for my trip... but I know that this will not be your last trip to the park. Hopefully next time you come out I'll be able to come down and spend some time with you!! But I talked to Margo over the weekend and I'm pretty sure she will be headed to the park to visit you!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Indiana Scott

I'm so envious! Have a great time and take lots of pictures for us.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I recently got my cell phone back, after not having one for a while. I am sitting on the fence as to whether or not I want to even carry it around the park. Sometimes, I don't even hear it ring, or vibrate. I will have my iPad with me, so I will be using that in the hotel at night, and in the morning before I head out to the park. I mostly use my cell phone at home for texting family members, especially my grandson. It sure was great to have it during a recent urgent family emergency.

I always take a whole lot of pictures. A trip report usually follows shortly after one of my trips. I love reading other people's and I love doing my own, since they are usually well received.

Ooooohhh...so jealous!
    I had the same dilemma about entering the park when I had an evening flight arrival. Ultimately, I decided to get a good dinner, go to bed early, and start the day fresh the next morning. I was glad I did.
    There's just something -- I have to say it -- "Magical" about entering the park first thing in the morning at the beginning of a trip. I was in a property close to the park, so I peeked at the fireworks from the parking lot the evening I arrived and just stewed in my excitement.
    As for whether or not you take your phone...if you have a smart phone, there are some great apps now that give you wait times for rides and all sorts of helpful info about what's going on in the park. If it's just a phone, and you don't need it as a tool to connect with other people you're traveling with...heck, don't bring it.
    Have a great time!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by emwhysee View Post
    Ooooohhh...so jealous!
    I had the same dilemma about entering the park when I had an evening flight arrival. Ultimately, I decided to get a good dinner, go to bed early, and start the day fresh the next morning. I was glad I did.
    There's just something -- I have to say it -- "Magical" about entering the park first thing in the morning at the beginning of a trip. I was in a property close to the park, so I peeked at the fireworks from the parking lot the evening I arrived and just stewed in my excitement.
    As for whether or not you take your phone...if you have a smart phone, there are some great apps now that give you wait times for rides and all sorts of helpful info about what's going on in the park. If it's just a phone, and you don't need it as a tool to connect with other people you're traveling with...heck, don't bring it.
    Have a great time!
    Because I bought a parkhopper, I will be able to enter the park early on one of my days. I believe that, for me, would be either Tuesday or Thursday. Getting there bright and early is always a plus. The park is extra special in the early hours.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yo! Barb'ra Ann, ducklin'! Why ain't ya never been ta visit us in Morva? I ain't got nothin' agin' yer goin' ta Dizzyland er Walt Dizzy Whirl, ya understand. (Been ta both places myself.) But I just don't git why ya never comes ta Morva! Afraid yer broomstick won't make it all the way?

ORWEN: More than likely she stays away because she knows YOU"RE gonna' be there, old biddy! I know I would--if I had any choice in the matter.

ORDDU: In any case. we do hope you have a wonderful time during your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth, dear. We'll be waiting to read your trip report after you get back home. Many hugs!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A trip to Morva. It definitely sounds tempting. For sure if my three favorite ladies are there to show me around, I will definitely, without doubt have a spectacular time.

Disney World was always fun. I went there many times before I ever set foot in the park on the left coast. Disneyland, however won my heart back in 2005. I always feel so much more at home there. MiceChatters play a great part in that feeling.

• Disney friends are #1

I missed you last time. I sooo wanted to meet you. Maybe this time I'll get the chance to do it right. Hope you're still enjoying your Disney music, especially the MSEP soundtrack.
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Banned User

I can't wait to read your report. I hope you have a fabulous time.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast