Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Star Tours to DCA?

When they retool/update Star Tours, why not move it to one of the big empty soundstage buildings on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot at DCA (like the one that used to be Hollywood and Dine)? A non-Disney movie-based fantasy ride really fits better there, like the version in Florida at Disney/MGM Studios, and they need E-ticket rides anyway.

Then a new version of Walt Disney's Adventure Thru Inner Space could return to Tomorrowland, with updated effects!

• Banned User

Re: Star Tours to DCA?

Would it fit in DCA? It's a good idea to have one of those empty soundstages filled, and then there is room in Disneyland for another attraction, so maybe Disney would consider it. And it's a popular attraction for DCA, which means more $$$. Except then they have to pay to tear it out and pay for 2 new attractions.

I dissagree Star Tours was origionaly designed for it's location in Tomorrowland and it's storyline fits in pretty darn well

it's supposed to be space tourisum not a soundstage that strikes me as dual layering the plotlines since the present one already brings the rider into the mix

I think the MGM idea is pretty weak and I'd perfer it if DCA actualy got something new not another Disneyland transplant

a REAL studio themed attraction or show would make better strides towards pulling the theme together for that area

Star Tours has been a part of DL for nearly 20 years. It should stay right where it is. I for one am really looking forward to the updates they have in store for the 20th in 2007. From what I've read it's going to be pretty spectacular.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't see how any DLR suit would agree to moving all of that over to the park nextstore. It would probably seem like a waste of money to them.

Star Tours is fine where it is, it always has been. Just needs an update.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    When they retool/update Star Tours, why not move it to one of the big empty soundstage buildings on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot at DCA (like the one that used to be Hollywood and Dine)? A non-Disney movie-based fantasy ride really fits better there, like the version in Florida at Disney/MGM Studios, and they need E-ticket rides anyway.

Then a new version of Walt Disney's Adventure Thru Inner Space could return to Tomorrowland, with updated effects!
    While those soundstages do beg for something...I'd hate to be the one to have to call George Lucas and explain the eviction.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    While those soundstages do beg for something...I'd hate to be the one to have to call George Lucas and explain the eviction.
    Gimme the phone. I'll call him. I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. It would be nice to have a new Tomorrowland attraction that isn't about space travel.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Gimme the phone. I'll call him. I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. It would be nice to have a new Tomorrowland attraction that isn't about space travel.
    http://www.lucasfilm.com/inside/letterman/contact.html

Could you ask him to hurry up w/ Indy 4 too, thanks!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • Minion

Merlin... I actually do see the logic behind such a move... and I don't think you are nuts...

Moving an updated version of Star Tours would give DCA a badly needed E-ticket, and it would fit the Hollywood Studeo theme perfectly... It will also allow imagineers to use some of the same animatronics while the ablity to have a blank page to start from scratch... with digital film technology...

The problem is there will be an attempt to create an Innerspace Like ride with rethemed current technology that is in place...

Yeah, I think a lot of people will moan about it...

But I am not so sure...
    Check out my other blog:

• People move me

Maybe we could shrink before we arrive at the Star Tours ship. I mean imagine, the line to get to the ride is an omnimover ride, taking you closer to the real ride.....ok , nevermind.
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

• Minion

I think this idea has some pros and cons and it should be looked at

• secure all cargo

I think it's a great idea.

DCA would not necessarily be getting an old ride, rather it would be the long rumored episodes 1-3 version. Debuting an updated film would draw plenty of new crowds. Even if it doesn't come out for a while, the new Star Wars TV show that Lucas is developing is more than enough to keep the interest in Star Wars from losing it's momentum. And as for whether Star Wars fits in with the whole Hollywood theme or not, it fits in perfectly the same way ToT or the Muppets fits in -- they're all movies/TV.

I don't know if I necessarily want an updated Inner Space w/ new effects, but I guess you never know, Imagineering might be able to come up with some interesting ideas for one.

• Stay Positive

yea but thats 2 rides dl suits need to worry about
    and when people say we need new and inovative rides
    why do we turn the the older rides?
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Infinitized!

Not a bad idea. Here's the way I see it. Tomorrowland was supposed to be a land based on the future, with attractions based on original ideas, not a bunch of rides with movie overlays. Star Tours can fit into DCA, since George Lucas's homebase is in California. Also, since it's a ride to Endor and the Endor scenes were filmed in the Redwoods, then why not? Set it up like a movie set like in MGM with the AT-AT walker outside and it would look great. Buzz and Nemo should go to DCA as well and keep the subs in the original form.

• secure all cargo

yea but thats 2 rides dl suits need to worry about
    Oh, those poor beleaguered executives...

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast