Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World of Color questions.

Have not been to Disneyland in a 3 years so World of Color is new to us. I have seen it mentioned that you need to get fastpasses for it first thing. Can you please explain the best way for us to make this show happen for our young children? Its very important to us. Thank you! (also we will be in the parks April 30th, May 1st, 2nd, and 3rd if that makes a difference for the show.)

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: World of Color questions.

I would recommend doing the "World of Color" dining/lunches. You will get one FastPass per meal/lunch ordered. Below is a link with information about these packages:

Dining | World of Color | Disney California Adventure Park

Have fun!

• Insomniac

I'd recommend getting there early so you can get a "yellow" section Fastpass because it's the bet area. You get Fastpasses at Grizzly River Run and it is just like a normal Fastpass. When you go to check in, be there about 10-15 minutes prior or more, go down to the wet zone front and center. The show is anything but magical from up top but down on the water it is completely different.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I'd recommend getting there early so you can get a "yellow" section Fastpass because it's the bet area. You get Fastpasses at Grizzly River Run and it is just like a normal Fastpass. When you go to check in, be there about 10-15 minutes prior or more, go down to the wet zone front and center. The show is anything but magical from up top but down on the water it is completely different.
    How funny. I've always felt section "Blue" was the best. I have yet to experience section "Green".

• Insomniac

I hate the blue section. I didn't even know there was a green section
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I hate the blue section. I didn't even know there was a green section
    I think section "Red" is probably the worst. That's just my opinion. As for section "Green", I believe that's the color directly in the center of Paradise Gardens. I think it's only available to those who purchase the dinner packages. I may be mistaken, though.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

all you need is your theam park tickects just like any fastpass. they distubute them at the grizzly river run fastpass center. the earlier you get your fastpass the better spot you get to see the show. it dosent afect your fastpass ability for other rides. they have view spots organized by color section and similar to fantsimic if you get there a little early you can get a better view in your section. it is an awesome show i have seen it many times

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I think section "Red" is probably the worst. That's just my opinion. As for section "Green", I believe that's the color directly in the center of Paradise Gardens. I think it's only available to those who purchase the dinner packages. I may be mistaken, though.

When I got FPs last month the CM told me the "Red" was no more. They only have "Blue", "Yellow", and "Dining". I'd say it doesn't matter what color you get just move as far center as you can. Also the viewing area in front of TLM is not bad, downside it you do have people walking in front of you, but you get to see it at a great distance so you see the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    When I got FPs last month the CM told me the "Red" was no more. They only have "Blue", "Yellow", and "Dining". I'd say it doesn't matter what color you get just move as far center as you can. Also the viewing area in front of TLM is not bad, downside it you do have people walking in front of you, but you get to see it at a great distance so you see the whole show.
    Wow! I had no idea they had removed an entire "color section". Thanks for the heads-up!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Wow! I had no idea they had removed an entire "color section". Thanks for the heads-up!
    yes they narrowed it down after christmas time. they had too many lines , now its just 2 big ones

• Minion

That is true. They only have Blue and Yellow sections now. The VIP viewing area takes up the center of the park. I recently did a tutorial on this that might help. If you can get the Yellow, that would be best.
    I also highly, highly recommend viewing it from the boardwalk. You will get wet but it is by far the best way to see it. On the waters edge is the only place to see the fountains and light interact with the surface of the water.
    Here is the link to the article: The Disneyland Photo of the Day...
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

The last time I did WOC . we bought picnic lunches, got blue section passes that were the same as the blue passes you could get from the Grizzly pass machine if you got in line there first thing in the morning. The higher priced dinner and lunch packages got you `prefferred seating` which was in the center sections. Have they changed the picnic lunches so that they share the same center section that higher priced packages get?

I think you should sit in the soak zone area it is perfect you can see it good from there and you content getwet h can just feel a little mist

We did the picnic lunch option (Fast passes were all gone by the time we'd made a plan), and received yellow section tickets. I agree with those who recommend going for the "wet zone" locations. You'll get a little mist-dampened, but not uncomfortably, so, and the perspective is totally worth it.

I expected to be "wowed" by WOC, but I didn't anticipate just how emotionally moving it would be (I think we were all sniffling by the end!). It was wonderful being up close, and there was such a happy sense of community with all the people around us. Somehow, not having to stake out territory super early like it seems like you have to do at Fantasmic just made everyone a little more relaxed, less anxious about saving seats.

Loved it!

And the lunch that got us our seating pass was really nice and fresh and a lovely quiet spot to eat and people watch (and it doesn't hurt that you can enjoy a glass of wine too, if you so choose!)

I highly recommend booking the dining option at Wine Country Trattoria. Being able to sit and relax at a table service restaurant before heading into the reserved viewing area really sets the stage for an enjoyable evening. You should still plan to get to the viewing area soon after it opens because it can get crowded.

Be sure to bring something to keep the kids occupied while waiting for the show to start. Get a spot close to the railing because views can easily get obstructed by taller guests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast