What Will Happen To The Barricade Art When Carsland Opens?

As everyone can see, there is a lot of great billboard style artwork covering the construction barricades at Carsland. I was wondering: what will happen to those giant signs when the walls come down? Will they get pitched in the trash like they would have been forty years ago? Will they be given away to VIPs on the project? Or will they be sold? I can’t believe these things will get dumped. They’re just too cool.
    I think the vintage cartoon character renderings that have appeared on barricades all over the park may well be saved and re-used, but the Carsland signs look like a one shot deal to me.

Anyone got the inside dope on what’s gonna happen to those signs?

I’m looking forward to the demise of “Wallafornia Adventure.”
    Last edited by 257 Mouse; 04-18-2012 at 09:34 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Re: What Will Happen To The Barricade Art When Carsland Opens?

WDI and the DLR cast are going to have a celebration with a bonfire in the Pumba lot on the night of the 14th.

Though the artwork is of good quality, hopefully it's kept or auctioned off.

[QUOTE=swampymarsh]WDI and the DLR cast are going to have a celebration with a bonfire in the Pumba lot on the night of the 14th.

I've heard of The Burning Man Celebration, but The Burning Mouse?

• Johnny and Me!

I think that the "Cadillac Range" panels will need to be destroyed because Disney didn't reach an agreement with GM. They could potentially run into legal issues otherwise.

• Minion

I'll be very very very surprised if the walls don't end up in the trash. Disney can't keep everything, and they are just construction walls. If anyone desperately wants them, have a look around Disney's trash around June 16. I'm sure you'll find them

they will just reuse them, paint over them, etc haha

• Parking Lot > DCA

I am sure some of the higher ups/construction workers/etc will be able to get their hands on them. Other than that they will probably be trashed.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sell them as Pins

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Sell them as Pins
    I'd hate to accidentally stab myself with a pin that size.

The good news is that the artwork is most likely sitting on a computer in the Disney production department and can be reproduced and sold as poster art if they wanted to. As far as the walls, I betchya' that if you peel away the top layer you'd find that Ariel's Undersea Adventure is opening June of 2011.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    I'd hate to accidentally stab myself with a pin that size.

The good news is that the artwork is most likely sitting on a computer in the Disney production department and can be reproduced and sold as poster art if they wanted to. As far as the walls, I betchya' that if you peel away the top layer you'd find that Ariel's Undersea Adventure is opening June of 2011.
    I think he means like those pins they sell that have "pieces" of old attractions or things from the park that are no more in them that they sell. But to be honest, I don't think that will happen (I am pretty sure he was joking, also). Construction walls aren't significant enough to do something of that magnitude.

same thing that happened to the nemo submarine voyage or little mermaid walls yo
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I think he means like those pins they sell that have "pieces" of old attractions or things from the park that are no more in them that they sell. But to be honest, I don't think that will happen (I am pretty sure he was joking, also). Construction walls aren't significant enough to do something of that magnitude.
    I understand and took it as a joke also. His post along with the look on the Lorax's face gave me a good laugh and then my imagination saw a section of the wall with a giant sharp point attached to the back of it. But his train of thought is a good one. They could reduce the artwork down to pin size and actually sell them as pins. And you're right about how construction walls aren't usually significant enough to market. I guess it would be the first time a construction wall was transformed into Disney merchandise.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965