Question When is Project Sparkle fixing WoC Projection Domes?

I really miss those domes! The 3 eyed martians "Ooooo" was hilarious, the Wall-e segment is really missing visual interest. One of the rules of water shows is keep introducing new tech. The laser line that the spray draws on was already used a couple times. The planets gave you several things to look at in that long segment. Fix it or shorten it. Then the other times to act as a clear screen in the finale or TRON/Pirates it gives other views. Any future live action clips are often hard to make out on the water screens (Black Beard for example and especially the 1st mermaid).

Then the grid fountains, project sparkle is all about making it new again, right? I seem to see an awful lot of ones that can't get up as high as the others and others that shoot pretty far off center. I saw them setting the alignment, so I'll forgive them if they just say screw it. That was a huge pain in the ***! But the pressure issues? Either a pump isn't working, an intake screen is blocked by guest trash, a manifold design issue, a valve isn't opening all the way, idk. If it's a screen being blocked, well get on it, you're burning up your pump!

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: When is Project Sparkle fixing WoC Projection Domes?

The projection domes are pretty much history. Not because it didn't look good, but because it's been causing some problems to the platform as a whole.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

As far as I know, the hole where the domes were stored have been covered over. Do not expect a return.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

So ridiculous that they aren't fixing them. It was a huge added element to the show. Bring them back, and get rid of Pirates 4. I want the masterpiece this show once was back!

• Minion

Project Sparkle is a project aimed at DCA buildings, attraction facades, and park amenities like restrooms, handrailings and benches. It's not something that addresses artistic decisions like the removal of the dome effect from World of Color.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The only scene they worked for was WALL:E... The rest they were very out of place. I am okay with them being gone.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~