Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Feel like I'm the only one who likes Its a Small World

every time I go to the park,
    nobody wants to go on Small World
    it's one of my absolute favorites and I can't NOT go on it <3
    especially the part at the end where they're all wearing white and singing together makes me cry.
    my friend told me it was racist though because they all sing in English and wear white.
    I love it regardless <3 I don't think of it that way.

• One More Day

Re: Feel like I'm the only one who likes Its a Small World

I love it especially when you need a break as its a longer ride in A/C. But since I have been going during the holidays it is weird to ride it on normal days without all the decorations. I rode it on OMD and it was so normalized it was weird haha

that's pretty funny, it is kind of weird after, huh?
    me and my boyfriend actually went in January 2011 and to our surprise, the decorations were still there. It was a bizzare looking thing because every other decoration in the park was down, no signs of Christmas at all. then you get on and you're bombarded with JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS.

• formerly very helpful

Since there is usually some kind of line, I wouldn't say "nobody" wants to go on it.

I, for one, reallly enjoy the ride. It's also the only holiday overlay that I don't mind. (although I do prefer the classic version.)

• Minion FOREVER!

???

It's one of my favorites as well. We go on it a lot. My daughter loves iasw.

I didn't think the last part was racist... Never even thought that... All the other lights reflect off the white so they're all the colors. Also white is the combination of all colors.

Some of my friends hate it for the ear-worm of a song (which for some reason no longer bothers me). But many I know despite saying that they don't like it, go on it anyway.

• my favorite sociopath

I like it, but it's about 15 min too long.

I love it ! Especially during the summer. It has AC! what is not to love.
    The song doesn't bother me like it does other people.
    I have alwasy liked it, and I think I always will.
    I enjoying really analyzing the dolls and try to catch ones that are having some sort of mishap.

But, I could do with out the movie tie ins .....

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I believe that Disneyland just celebrated the 40th Anniversary of IASW. I would say that that is a sign that the attraction is enjoyed by the park guests. I, for one, love the ride. Be it the regular version or the holiday version.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Minion

I LOVE iasw. It's a ride that I can only go on when I visit DLR on my own, because all of my friends hate it and refuse to go anywhere near it.

IMHO it's cute, it's colorful and it's sweet. I also love that it's from the 1964 Worlds Fair...a little bit of New York brought to California.

• Cunning infiltrator

I love it's a small world, in fact the song doesn't bother me at all unlike other people. The song is memorable, catchy, and never gets old. I can repeat the song over and over if I want to. It's impressive of how each musical instrument can play IASW in different ethic styles in each country.

Personally, the Latin American scene is my most favorite due to the great background instrumental music!

The attraction is a classic and a must ride, it is transferred from the original 1964 New York World's Fair with a new added scene, the Seven Seas. The set scenes, props, animations may be simple but they're designed very well. But the large country set scenes is elaborate and made well. The song is playful and has that great charm.

What can I say? I love it. Unlike most mundane humans that dislike it.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Blew By You

I've always enjoyed small world, even in my teenage years.
    Currently, we've been taking a break from riding it, but will get back on soon.

I love it! It's so simple, but mesmerizing with all the color and motion.

• Banned User

nah real G's love It's a Small World

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    I love it's a small world, in fact the song doesn't bother me at all unlike other people. The song is memorable, catchy, and never gets old. I can repeat the song over and over if I want to. It's impressive of how each musical instrument can play IASW in different ethic styles in each country.

Personally, the Latin American scene is my most favorite due to the great background instrumental music!

The attraction is a classic and a must ride, it is transferred from the original 1964 New York World's Fair with a new added scene, the Seven Seas. The set scenes, props, animations may be simple but they're designed very well. But the large country set scenes is elaborate and made well. The song is playful and has that great charm.

What can I say? I love it. Unlike most mundane humans that dislike it.
    I agree. This attraction is a classic. It has a history. It was one of Walt's babies.

The tick-tock sound of the clock, the music, that amazing facade....it's as Disney as it gets.

Does this mean everyone has to like it? Naw.

I just tend to think that there aren't as many people who are as bothered by it as they say they are. I think some people see it as "uncool" to say they like it, so it's just easier to diss on the attraction....especially when they're around their friends.

Now are there people who really don't like it? Sure. It's all personal opinion.

Personally I don't care for Star Tours. Largely because it's not a Disney property and was so iconic unto itself without the Disney ties it has now.....I just don't see it as Disney. I'm in the minority in that opinion though I know.

So it all comes down to personal opinion.

I'll always believe though that there aren't as many people who dislike it as say they do.

• Minion

i love it every time i go the parks i make shure to ride just to get relex for a few minturite
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast