Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How will the humans in Cars Land be explained?

I am curious if anyone knows how Disney will explain why humans are running around in the world of Cars? If you have an idea can you please tell me. Thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: How will the humans in Cars Land be explained?

Well, the same way modern tourists go back through the haunted skeleton caves to the Spanish Main, to the Lost Indian Delta circa 1940, or a freshly abandoned mine train through the wilderness and the townspeople are still inhabiting the Western town you pass by to get there: suspension of disbelief is key to most Disneyland experiences of the most elaborate sort, save for maybe the Haunted Mansion (a house like that can exist in modern times, and ghosts can be non-period specific. The only logical jump there for most people is 'haunted houses exist'.)

So, basically, it works because it's a fantasy environment no different than going into the Hollywood Tower Hotel or under the sea with Ariel in the same park
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Senior Minion

The same way that worlds of talking animals and ghosts are explained at Disneyland.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Does it have to be?

• Banned User

It doesnt need to be explained! Just use your imagination!

• Raconteur

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Does it have to be?
    You took the exact words out of my.. Fingers, I guess.
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

• Minion

I think the question is a valid one. With a bug's land and Pixie Hollow, we are told (or do we just assume now?) that we're shrinking down to the appropriate size as we walk into the land. I don't know that we become Toons when we walk into Toontown, but considering all the props and stuff to play and pose with, we're encouraged to at least look like we have toon-like qualities like super-strength. It's fine that we get into Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Adventureland, and Fantasyland by walking and being ourselves because they're "real" places. How do we throw ourselves into the world of Cars?

• Banned User

I don't think Disney really thought this through

• Disneyland History Lover

I know what you're saying, and it's actually a fair thought. Many of the other places in Disneyland and DCA make more sense for us to explore because in the world we are entering, humans exist. In the Cars films, the Cars are the "people" of their world and there are no humans. As such, it's an interesting thought. My thinking on it is that we are guests in the Cars world. However, we are sort of like ghosts: although we are enjoying and exploring their land, they do not know we are there. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Flo's Diner, the Cadillac Range, etc... all that is already there. But by the grace of some miracle, we have crossed through a dimension into their world.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I think the question is a valid one. With a bug's land and Pixie Hollow, we are told (or do we just assume now?) that we're shrinking down to the appropriate size as we walk into the land. I don't know that we become Toons when we walk into Toontown, but considering all the props and stuff to play and pose with, we're encouraged to at least look like we have toon-like qualities like super-strength. It's fine that we get into Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Adventureland, and Fantasyland by walking and being ourselves because they're "real" places. How do we throw ourselves into the world of Cars?
    I have never ever thought that we were to assume we were suppose to be a bug in ABL or that that it was explained how humans were there! Never. Maybe its there somewhere, but again, when you enter ABL or TT, you just become a part of the land. Over explaining things makes it too convoluted. There is no need for why 'we' are part of the land...we just are! You use your imagination at these parks all the time or how else do you explain going back in time to watch pirates loot a town or just happen to be taking a tour of the galaxy in Star Tours or flying with Peter Pan in FL? Every land and/or ride in DL ask you to use your imagination most of the time. Doesnt need to be explained why we just happen to be there (mostly because we paid to get in lol).

Its no different for CL or ABL just because we happen to be human in supposedly non human settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    My thinking on it is that we are guests in the Cars world. However, we are sort of like ghosts: although we are enjoying and exploring their land, they do not know we are there.
    But they do, because they will be interacting with us and allowing some of us to work there, serving food and selling gifts to more of us.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I do not think it was considered because I do not think Disney cares. The parks are not a place for real storytelling, they're just for fun but people like them to look ornate.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    But they do, because they will be interacting with us and allowing some of us to work there, serving food and selling gifts to more of us.
    Shhh... don't tell the cars that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I have never ever thought that we were to assume we were suppose to be a bug in ABL or that that it was explained how humans were there! Never. Maybe its there somewhere, but again, when you enter ABL or TT, you just become a part of the land. Over explaining things makes it too convoluted. There is no need for why 'we' are part of the land...we just are! You use your imagination at these parks all the time or how else do you explain going back in time to watch pirates loot a town or just happen to be taking a tour of the galaxy in Star Tours or flying with Peter Pan in FL? Every land and/or ride in DL ask you to use your imagination most of the time. Doesnt need to be explained why we just happen to be there (mostly because we paid to get in lol).

Its no different for CL or ABL just because we happen to be human in supposedly non human settings.
    But Disney already tried explaining. For example, we put on the 3D glasses in "It's Tough to be a Bug!" because they are a part of the ceremony in being honorary bugs and allow us to see all of their buggy glory. It's specifically stated in the show. I believe, though I could be wrong, that there is writing on the Disney Parks Blogs or on the Disneyland website that we "shrink" down--hence the oversized plants in the land. We're not just entering their world. We're actually expanding our imagination because we trying to explain something rather than shrug it off and merely accept it.

We don't have to try as hard because there is an unconscious assumption that we are actually back (or forward) in time when we enter a certain land. We're not just visiting a park and magically going on a boat ride where we see pirates. We are actually seeing real pirates and are on an actual boat. We're not just flying because we can, but through the help of pixie dust. We become actual passengers on a tour through space that actually gets stopped by Darth Vader. Perhaps we're on different pages because of the subtle differences between our versions of "explain", but we both agree that there is the suspension of disbelief. I'm saying that the suspension of disbelief is always pushed by Disney and the official push just hasn't been provided yet.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

$$$ of course.....just joking its magic duhhhh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast