• Future Indy Castmember

Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree to begin at Frontierland May 3rd

Come on Down to the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

Starting May 3rd, the Festival Arena will be the place for the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree which will include:

Encompassing the former Festival Arena site, the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree will feature music, dancing, crafts, pin trading and plenty of Disney characters in their finest Western wear. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we’ll be throwing a good, old fashioned Hoedown, where you can kick up your heels with the likes of Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Chip ‘n Dale. From time to time, classic favorites like Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Clara Cluck or those silly Country Bears might even stop by!

As for the Performing Arts groups that will be soon moving out of Carnation Gardens:

What’s more, Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is also going to be the newest spot to catch visiting performing ensembles as part of
    Disney Performing Arts
    . Disney Performing Arts provides an opportunity for middle and high school students and community groups from across the country to perform in
    Disney Parks
    as well as take workshops taught by entertainment professionals to improve their performance skills. You’ll be able to enjoy some of these young instrumentalists, singers and dancers as they put on the
    performance of a lifetime
    onstage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree to begin at Frontierland May 3rd

Well at least Disney is trying, I know some may still be upset but this seems like a fair compromise for now and to me its a token to show they do plan on in some way keeping dancing in Disneyland even after the new Princess Fair opens

• Insomniac

Wow I'm actualy kind of excited that they are using the area for something IN THEME! The pirates thing was fun and I've heard great things about the festival of fools but neither fit in Frontierland! The performing arts issue is solved, another vacant area is in use, and those who like to see the characters (especially the rarely seen ones) can now see them! Win, win, win IMO.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

I just wanna take pics with the characters dats all but yay Disney

• Minion

OMG Mickey is totally rockin' the cowboy look. I love it. My May 5th trip is looking better and better.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I am totally into this. Reminds me of those theme weekends last year. The West side of the Park is my favorite place to hang so I am so there for this.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm glad to see them using some previously vacant real estate to do SOMETHING. Sounds like a lot of fun, a good way to use the space and a place to get some excitement going!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

This is good. I like that they are utilizing it for something.

I'm still a fan of bulldozing it though, and putting something better there.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^no we are all.....but I think we'll have to wait until after the rumored Tomorrowland refurb before seeing THIS area getting used for an attraction

• Hello Dolly.

Wow this sounds like a lot of fun. I've never been in that area as well. Excited!

• I love that tiny bear!

As much as people will miss tradition, this is probably good news for the Performing Arts groups. We saw a show at the Carnation Plaza Gardens a couple years ago (they were dancers from Australia) and there was almost no one there. Having other attractions in the area can only increase their audience.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm glad to see them using some previously vacant real estate to do SOMETHING. Sounds like a lot of fun, a good way to use the space and a place to get some excitement going!

Totally agree!!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    As much as people will miss tradition, this is probably good news for the Performing Arts groups. We saw a show at the Carnation Plaza Gardens a couple years ago (they were dancers from Australia) and there was almost no one there. Having other attractions in the area can only increase their audience.
    Agreed, I think this was the problem with the old area.....too much space for such little events and nothing really there to draw people in besides Family members and Friends