CM Help: attire, schedulilng, and other questions!!!

Hey so i just got hired as a CM this past thursday and i had a couple questions:

1) so what should i wear to the on boarding and traditions meetings, im a girl. so should i wear dress pants or a skirt! i know a nice blouse will work! then shall i wear heels or flat boots! i dont ave nice flats so thats out of the questions!

2) how does the scheduling work? like do we get sceduled week by week or every other week or per month? Also how can i request work off, just to know!?

3) is there anything i should bring with me apart from my ID and my SS? Like extra paperwork?

My on boarding appt is this upcoming friday so if you can get to asap that would be great!!!!

• Zephyr Pilot

Re: CM Help: attire, schedulilng, and other questions!!!

Wear business attire. Nothing too stylish. Heels can't be tall heels. They have to be short. I'm not exactly sure the length, but 2 inches is what I seem to remember. I'm not a female, so I don't really know.

Schedules for most departments are released every week on Friday nights/Saturdays for the week after the next week. If that seems confusing, it's basically the week starting two Sundays from when he schedule is released. Schedule requests must be made be made online three weeks in advance with all request deadlines by midnight Saturdays.

probably go with flat boot or something like that both days you do alot of walking around during traditions. it may be hot, you do walk around the park for a couple hours during traditions, on mine it hit 97 and i was in all black.

They will show you how to go online to check your sched, once you get that site info and they go over it you ask days off there, like above stated 3 week minimum for off days if its something within the next two weeks you will have to tell your scheduler, but you will meet them your last traditions day and everything will be covered. Dont trip, and congrats =)

• Minion

Casting provided you with a very thorough information sheet on acceptable clothing for Traditions, time/location/parking, and required items to bring with you (mainly your paperwork from Casting).

All other questions regarding scheduling and logistics will be covered extensively during your Traditions day, and your subsequent OJT training days that you will be scheduled for and informed about at Traditions.

The important thing for you to do now is review the paperwork that Casting has already provided, and then just relax and enjoy the ride!

For my on boarding appointment a few days ago I had a sweatshirt on ad just some slacks, I'm a girl and I was fine. One girl had a t shirt and jeans and they didn't ask her to leave, the traditions class is the more fancy one.

QUESTION: My traditions class is soon and I honestly own no business like attire. I don't have money to go buy anything, so do you think it would be okay to wear a coat, it is a nice light coat, and a pair of dickies pants? I don't want to be asked to leave, but I have no way of going out and buying business/casual clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswindupbird View Post
    For my on boarding appointment a few days ago I had a sweatshirt on ad just some slacks, I'm a girl and I was fine. One girl had a t shirt and jeans and they didn't ask her to leave, the traditions class is the more fancy one. QUESTION: My traditions class is soon and I honestly own no business like attire. I don't have money to go buy anything, so do you think it would be okay to wear a coat, it is a nice light coat, and a pair of dickies pants? I don't want to be asked to leave, but I have no way of going out and buying business/casual clothing.
    You would be putting yourself at risk of getting sent home. Find a thrift store or hit the clearance rack at Old Navy. You can purchase appropriate attire for very little money. Global

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Casting provided you with a very thorough information sheet on acceptable clothing for Traditions, time/location/parking, and required items to bring with you (mainly your paperwork from Casting).

All other questions regarding scheduling and logistics will be covered extensively during your Traditions day, and your subsequent OJT training days that you will be scheduled for and informed about at Traditions.

The important thing for you to do now is review the paperwork that Casting has already provided, and then just relax and enjoy the ride!
    Good advice right here.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Good advice right here.
    Ross - Dress For Less, the girls I work with swear by it for cheap business casual stuff (and they can afford high end stuff, they just like to spend less). Spend $40 and you can use it over and over again.

Thanks you guys that helped alot didnt wanna go in there not know ing whats up or sent home!! cant wait to start working there?

One other question: is there pay raises like at my other job it was every 6 months? also how hard is it to switch between positions in jobs like from cashier to attractions to even entertainment!?

The recuriter wanted me to go in today for the disney princess audition cuz she liked y look and vibe and since i have experience in musical theatre and dance! Do you know how the auditions work? I think im going to wait to cuz i want to refresh my dance skills so take a couple lessons, but if you could give me some background info on iit that would be wonderful!!!

sorry for all the questions

• I love that tiny bear!

Disney Face Character Auditions is the thread to ask (or just read) about princess/face character auditions. Break a leg