34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose Snow white and bibity bobity botique

4 11.76%
  • Lose Toad and Alice

0 0%
  • Sleeping beauty doesn't need a dark ride

30 88.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How would you feel about losing some dark rides?

I just recently walked through the sleeping beauty castle and thought that if they ever decided to make a sleeping beauty dark ride, the castle would make an excellent queue.

Now, shortly after that i took a glance at my google map app and noticed there is absolutely NO ROOM for mor stuff within fantasy land.

So, I have a proposition for you all. Would you rather:

A) Lose the Toad and Alice dark ride to house a new sleeping beauty dark ride?

B) Lose Snow White and the Bibity Bobity Botique?

Keep in mind that the lost rides could probably be relocated without much hassle(the rides aren't very complex right?). And the sleeping beauty ride would keep all the same intimate aspects of the classics(small sets, sharp turns) except for the final scene with Prince vs Maleficent.

So what do you all think? I have always thought that SB deserved a dark ride over the other films that got them. It had the best climax of any of the other movies and I don't know about you but I'd really like to see animatronic fire breathing maleficent dragon
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Minion

Re: How would you feel about losing some dark rides?

I'd rather lose Snow White and the princess makeover thing than losing two great dark rides.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Keep in mind that the lost rides could probably be relocated without much hassle(the rides aren't very complex right?). And the sleeping beauty ride would keep all the same intimate aspects of the classics(small sets, sharp turns) except for the final scene with Prince vs Maleficent.

So what do you all think? I have always thought that SB deserved a dark ride over the other films that got them. It had the best climax of any of the other movies and I don't know about you but I'd really like to see animatronic fire breathing maleficent dragon
    Relocate the rides where exactly? You said yourself, Fantasyland has no extra space. Rather than removing and rebuilding two rides, why not build a new one in your blue sky extra space?

Snow White has a pretty good climactic ending, but the ride does not. I'd fear that you Sleeping Beauty ride would have the same problem. And as for an animatronic fire-breathing Malificent/Dragon, they've already got one in Fantasmic.

• Closed Account

There's plenty of room to build if they really wanted to. Autopia is the same size as the castle area of Fantasyland. They could put 5 or 6 darkrides there if they ever wanted to with plenty of room. Or alternatively, shorten the track in half (or make it elevated in portions), and add 3 or 4 more.

• Minion

Use the Motorboat Cruise space for dark rides.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Krack View Post
    There's plenty of room to build if they really wanted to. Autopia is the same size as the castle area of Fantasyland. They could put 5 or 6 darkrides there if they ever wanted to with plenty of room. Or alternatively, shorten the track in half (or make it elevated in portions), and add 3 or 4 more.
    I'm with Krack. Take all of Autopia north of the submarine and give it over to a new FL expansion. There'd easily be room for 2 Fantasyland-style classic darkrides, plus one new larger Fantasyland premier ride.

•   
    • Minion

I would like a 4th option of not losing any of the dark rides I would like more dark rides added without the loss of any. I know it's a pipe dream but that's the fun part of imagination

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    This is my thought! I like the idea of a sleeping beauty dark ride but not in replace of a current one
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

I meant there is no room near the castle where a sleeping beauty ride would make the most sense. That's why I thought the others could move to maybe the motorboat area.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I meant there is no room near the castle where a sleeping beauty ride would make the most sense. That's why I thought the others could move to maybe the motorboat area.
    While a Sleeping Beauty ride would be cool, I'd prefer to see new FL rides based on Beauty & the Beast, Cinderella, and Aladdin, since we do already have the SB castle walk through (though I agree that's not nearly as cool as an actual ride).

• ---------------

Fantasyland is just fine.
    Not sure why we'd need a Sleeping Beauty ride. She already has a castle.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

If i were in charge the only way i could see not loosing any dark rides is maybe just to rebuild all of fantasyland maybe stack dark rides on top of each other like alice in wonderland and Mr. toad. Just a thought

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    agreed
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

I guess I'm one of the only people who think the Sleeping Beauty walk-through is far better than any dark ride she'd have...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The only areas open for rides...are the Motor Boat area and the Sky way station would not mind some new dark rides but no reason to get ride of the classic they stay busy enough to stay...............now if you want to take out Buzz or Pooh...go right ahead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast