Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Boise Mouse

How do CMs deal with weak-stomached guests

While visiting DL a few years ago, my son felt pretty sick after riding Calif Screamin'. Luckily, he made it off the ride and recovered, and didnt actually get sick. I am sure others haven't been so lucky. I have oftened wondered how "clean-ups" are accomplished on rides. We (sadly) aren't frequent DL guests, but in the years we have been there, I am sure there are folks that have lost their lunches. Yet, we have never seen how this is handled, and it amazes me how this can happen without guests knowing it has happened. You all must have a great system and do a great job of dealing with this. Anyone willing to elaborate on your protocol? Cheers!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: How do CMs deal with weak-stomached guests

I am not a CM, but am fairly confident it comes down to having basic training, a mop/broom dedicated to that instance handy at most rides, a dustpan with long handle, and a stash of special 'Pixie Dust' of the absorbent sort designed for liquid spills (we used to have this product when I worked at a grocery store).

• Minion

They call into janitorial that there is a "Protein Spill", which is code for someone puked. I've seen it happen too many times. There is a janitorial system of cleaning it up, starting with a mop.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I am not a CM, but am fairly confident it comes down to having basic training, a mop/broom dedicated to that instance handy at most rides, a dustpan with long handle, and a stash of special 'Pixie Dust' of the absorbent sort designed for liquid spills (we used to have this product when I worked at a grocery store).

That stuff is amazing..worked at Target for 3 years and we used that.

Don't they usually pour the white disinfectant powder on it and then clean it up with chemicals?

It's pretty amazing suff... smells like kitty litter and kitty food with a hint of lemon.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Definitely don't envy the people who have to ride immediately after a spill.

My cousin worked mali-boomer and he often spoke of spills, but never on how they were cleaned up.
    I have witnessed the end side of a clean up a couple times, and it seems super quick and discrete. A couple white CMs swoop in, and its done. super efficient!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Definitely don't envy the people who have to ride immediately after a spill.
    I don't know if they do this all the time and I don't know if this was a protein spill or some other cleanup, but I have seen CM's cleaning coaster cars and send those seats out empty, possibly to let the dry and air out.

this is a really funny thread haha
    now that I think about it though, I have always wondered what would happen in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    They call into janitorial that there is a "Protein Spill", which is code for someone puked. I've seen it happen too many times. There is a janitorial system of cleaning it up, starting with a mop.
    It's code V actually. Haha.

And pretty much we try to block off the area so guests don't step into it. If it is in a ride vehicle, we try to make sure guests don't get in to the vehicle until after custodial has cleaned up the mess.

I see the crew with buckets and mops going into Soaring all the time, so I always figured it was for that reason. Roger Rabbit was closed one time and the crew with buckets and mops were on their way out as they re-opened the ride, so maybe same situation. It must happen all the time.

• Zephyr Pilot

I'm not sure exactly the science behind the white pixie dust, but whatever it is, the custodial CM sprays it on the code V which pretty much solidifies it for easier wiping off.

Before the custodial reaches the situation, other CMs, will cover it up as best they can and block guests from walking onto it.

• Mrs. J. Depp

This topic gives me the icks but I can safely say I've never been the victim of a Code V at the parks. There have been times where I was close, but was fine. The only time I can really remember seeing a protein spill was coming off Soarin and we were walking up the ramp and some girl was just losing her stomach all over the place. Yuckkkk. It's more common for people to get motion sick on the simulator rides so I'm sure Star Tours sees plenty of yackers too. Fortunately even though I suffer from motion sickness in cars and sometimes on boats, I'm fine on every ride at the resort.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Sock Puppet

Though I have never stuck around long enough to see the clean up process, as I tend toagent a weak stomach just from seeing some one "toss their cookies," I can say it is not a rare occurrence to see this happen at the Resort, especially in the esplanade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast