Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hooter!

What's next at DLR after June 15?

Hey everyone, me and my girlfriend are super stoked for the June 15 opening of Carsland, buena vista street, and the Matterhorn but are highly curious as to what's down the pike after that?

Are there any rumors or confirmed things in production for the DLR after June 15 is said and done?
    Obviously, confirmed ideas are better, but let the rumors fly as well.

Hopefully this creates a great conversation!

• Insomniac

Re: What's next at DLR after June 15?

Princess Fantasy Fair is the only announced project for the resort following June. I would be suprised if we dont see something announced by fall/ winter 2012/13.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• -

I'm crossing my fingers for a focus on Tomorrowland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Aside from Fantasy Faire:

If Carsland proves extremely popular, then we might see a rushed greenlight of the proposed Drive-In restaurant to be built around the Bugs' Land/CL transition path. (it was axed during planning)

If DCA itself is packing people in its gates, more major refurbishment projects could see being done, which are rumored to include:
    *Makeover of Screamin' station and King Triton's Carousel
    *A new attraction in the Maliboomer's location
    *Animatronics placed in Grizzly River Run
    *Revamping of Condor Flats/Soarin
    *New attractions in Hollywood Land (Stage 17/Hollywood and Dine building)
    *An indoor lobby for the Hyperion

Possibly finally getting around to the randomized TOT sequences, though that might be saved for a random Halloween promotion in the future.

Disneyland may either see expansions in Frontierland or Tomorrowland. Rumors of Frontierland's expansion go from Woody/Toy Story themed to Wizard of Oz theme (latter of which depends on the success of a future Oz film being released by Disney), however anything of course is still possible. Tomorrowland is a bit more obvious. Innoventions is possibly slated to receive a Marvel theme, specifically Iron Man and Stark Industries. Captain EO might move out to make way for a WALL-E 3D film. Autopia has been eyed at points, for possibly either another redo or being scrapped for something else altogether. The people mover track most likely must be torn down and rebuilt if they ever want to do anything with it.

Obviously, Fantasyland Theater will, after many years receive a brand-new show.

The Electrical Parade might find its way back to Main Street, but it's a rumor that shows up year after year. Who knows if it will finally happen.

2015, in three years, is Disneyland's 60th anniversary. Surely they won't toss this one away like they did the 55th. Expect some big developments then, as it's also the same year Universal plans to unveil Harry Potter at the Hollywood park, which will surely prove to be fierce competition for the Mouse.

• Minion

Tomorrowland 2015 has a nice ring to it to me!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Pilot EdForceOne

how about sitting back and enjoying what you just got?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Hooter!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Definitely enjoying, and will continue to enjoy all the new stuff.
    BUT as Walt eluded, Disneyland (or in this case, the Disneyland Resort) and was to always be kept in motion so it's always fun to know what's coming next. The Disneyland Resort has so many possibilities of what's current (to update or tweak) or build entirely new!

---------- Post added 04-23-2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

Wow, all of those sound great! Obviously they're ideas simply on the drawing board at this time, but what a great continuation of what's just happening now. All the DCA refurbishments you mentioned totally seem simple yet fully enhancing.

I was just having a conversation with someone about the Fantasyland Theater... There is a seemingly lack of shows right now at Disneyland. The Aladdin one at DCA is top-notch, I'd like to see something like that for DL.

I'd always played around in my head with going back in time with Tomorrowland to a certain degree - like in the parks early years (house of the future, etc.). Something like if we used those original concepts and Disneyland opened today, what would THAT Tomorrowland look like. I think over the last decade they've played it pretty safe as opposed to letting their minds run rampant over in TL.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

You can also check out our project tracker threads. Andy usually lists a few of the "rumored" things that may or may not be coming to the resort over the next few years.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

For those of us who don't get to the parks too often, there is plenty happening right now to keep us busy. My up and coming trip is only for 4 days, and so I need to plan another one really soon, so I can see the finished Carsland.

I sure hope that they do a big celebration in 2015. That seems so far away right now, but it really isn't. 2005, in someways, seems just like yesterday.

• Hooterville, USA

Just swap TSMM for BLAB and Carsland for Toontown.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I think that with Universal Studios opening up the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2015 that hopefully Disney is going to have to announce something big soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Patman345 View Post
    I think that with Universal Studios opening up the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2015 that hopefully Disney is going to have to announce something big soon!
    I am a Disneyland fanatic but, I have to admit, I will be sneaking off to Universal studios in 2015 to see the new Harry Potter attraction. My cousin went to a preview of the one in Florida and (as a Disney fanatic himself) he said that the attention to detail for that whole themed area is "what Disney used to do".

I can't wait to see what the left coast version has to offer.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    As much nice as we have...Disneyland anyway...need some redoing and adding for sure...its been over 15 years since the last E ticket ride and Tomorrowland in no way is even close to as cool or futuristic as it could be.....this is suppose to be a Disney Park and with all the details we see in Carsland it makes me want a better Tomorrowland one that has more to look at (cooler buildings lights running up and down buidlings and maybe on the ground) and some cool things like fountains and planers that have a more....Star Trek or Mass Effect look to them (scifi)

As is Tomorrowland is the weakest of the Original lands with its theme for sure

• Resident of the Caldera

You and everyone else in California is going to be sneaking off to Universal for Harry Potter. Disneyland will take a huge hit in attendance in 2015 and 2016 unless they come up with a KILLER attraction or, preferably, new land of attractions. And I don't think it's going to be a redo of Tomorrowland. Not exciting enough and Star Tours just got its redo.

Nope: I'm betting on that big patch of land where Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland used to be. There's nothing back there and lots of space. Let's just hope "Oz The Great and Powerful" isn't a turd. Robert Downey would have made a much more magical wizard than James Franco.

In fact, I'm betting that Team Disney Anaheim is so scared of Harry Potter, which could put a permanent dent in Disneyland attendance by peeling off and creating a core group of Universal Annual Passholders, that they might okay both the attractions back in Frontierland AND do some major work in Tomorrowland as well.

I don't think many folks realize what Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure did for Universal's attendance in Florida: up 33%, and mostly at the expense of Walt Disney World. When the second part of Harry Potter opens at Universal Studios Orlando, and the two Universal Theme parks are connected by the Hogwart's Express, I wouldn't be surprised to see their attendance jump another 15 to 20%. Disney completely screwed up when they let Potter get away. It's probably the thing they will most come to regret because it gave Universal something it could never achieve before: a reason to go their parks that people could not refuse.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    As much nice as we have...Disneyland anyway...need some redoing and adding for sure...its been over 15 years since the last E ticket ride and Tomorrowland in no way is even close to as cool or futuristic as it could be.....this is suppose to be a Disney Park and with all the details we see in Carsland it makes me want a better Tomorrowland one that has more to look at (cooler buildings lights running up and down buidlings and maybe on the ground) and some cool things like fountains and planers that have a more....Star Trek or Mass Effect look to them (scifi)
    Do you visit the resort and only buy a single park ticket?

If you can park hop.. if we are chomping for 'whats new??!?' look at the whole resort and not things as silos.

People need to not get caught up in expecting something new all the time. That's what these threads have all come across as ... 'ok, we're done with this project, what are we starting now' because they are hooked on the drug and need the next fix.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast